U2 songs for stormy nights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

last unicorn

Blue Crack Addict
I was away on holidays for the last week, alone. I had a great time, but the weather was crazy and one night I experienced what I thought were the worst thunderstorms of my life. It was totally scary. Everything went out, tv, electricity, my balcony was flooded, there were hailstones coming down and the lightening was crazy. The rain was more like a wall of water and because of the heavy storm it hit my door and the water went in through the closed door and almost flooded my room. It felt like all hell would break loose. Since I had to find something to distract myself until the worst was over, I listened to some U2 on my earphones and the music finally gave me some comfort and relief in those really scary moments.

I'm really scared of the forces of nature and whenever a heavy thunderstorm or a storm is happening outside, I always rely on music to calm me down.

What are your U2 songs for those really uncomfortable, disturbing or even scary moments when you just cannot do anything except waiting and hoping and maybe praying that it will be over soon and that it won't get any worse?

I listend to the really beautiful (and maybe underappreciated) accoustic version of Bono and Edge playing Still haven't found at the Hollywood Bowl for the Clinton concert last October. It just happened to be the right song to comfort me at that particular moment. The version of the song is beautiful, too, with great vocals from both Bono and Edge and very lovely harmonizing.

U2 - Clinton Foundation - Hollywood Bowl - 2 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - YouTube

Relates to another thread in this forum: Running To Stand Still has been my go-to song when I need a little calm. Either live or studio, depends on the situation. And Angel of Harlem always makes me happy, no matter my mood.

I don't have any, because Seattle doesn't get proper storms, and I am very sad about that. :( (See? That's my sad face.)

I'll let you know if I take comfort in U2 if The Big One ever hits and the ground starts a-shakin'.

Actually, on further thought, I'd just play the Minneapolis 360 show bootleg, when it was storming to beat the band and a lot of people a) wondered/worried if they were going to pull the plug; or b) wondered/worried if we were going to all be electrocuted.

It was awesome.

Walk On always cheers me up, no matter the circumstances.

UTEOTW would fit with lots of a lightning. It would match the light show in a concert.

seriously, though, Running to Stand Still is my comfort blanket song :heart:

Bullet, Exit, LIB and WUDM make fantastic listening on stormy nights. Even better if you're out driving in the rain.

I'm not sure how many people have said Passengers already, but omg yes.

Thunder storms, freezing snowy evenings and late nights when you can't sleep, these are the times when Passengers really comes into it's own, though for me any time is a good time for Passengers!

Back
Top Bottom