U2 on your radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TM

Acrobat
In our dutch thread we are always keeping track of which U2 song is playing on our radio. Maybe it's fun to see how the airplay is in the whole world?

Just post if they're playing a U2 song!

3FM (Netherlands) just played All Because Of you

lot's of U2 songs on my i-tunes :D

You don't say! I guess 1/3 in my iTunes is U2... (ish). It's more of a surprise if your radio is playing it.
3fm is our best station to listen to, U2 wise. They're willing to play Discotheque, HMTM and Electrical Storm. And offcourse the better known singles...

Personally I heard in the Polish radio:
I still haven't found what I'm looking for
One
Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me
Vertigo
With or without you
Desire
Even better than the real thing
Lemon
Magnificent
I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight
Walk On
Beautiful Day
Pride
Staring at the sun
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday

:lol:

I live in Georgia, USA. If I ever hear U2 on the radio, it's Desire, New Year's Day, or Pride. Don't think I have heard anything else.

I hear that you lot in Holland get "The Unforgettable Fire" every now in then. So jealous :grumpy:

I hear that you lot in Holland get "The Unforgettable Fire" every now in then. So jealous :grumpy:

It's their biggest radio hit I think. Even the "old people" station(Radio2) plays it regularly. That and NYD. It always ends up really high on the Top2000 list that's been voted for each year by the radio2 crowd, usually ends up higher than Streets and WOWY.

The good station, 3FM plays shitloads of U2 music AND does not ignore the late 90s(like the rest of them and U2 themselves do).

:heart: They play DISCOTHEQUE almost daily, Electrical storm regularly and I've even heard EBTTRT on it. Then there's the regular mix of about all the singles U2 have ever released, 80s, 90s, 00s, everything gets played every now and then. :up: Love the station.

Unforgetable Fire today,

and COBL&Discotheque this week all on 3fm.
Yeah , face it , dutch radio is the best :giggle:

Doooo eeet. We shal go and drink that faithfull day.

Off the top of my head...

Desire
Pride
Pride
Pride
WOWY
Vertigo
ISHFWILF
ISHFWILF
Mysterious Ways
ISHFWILF
ISHFWILF
Streets
ISHFWILF
ISHFWILF
Pride

This is more damning of America than anything Wikileaks could reveal.

Hear these ones the most:

-Sunday Bloody Sunday
-New Year's Day
-Pride
-Where The Streets Have No Name
-One
-With or Without You
-Mysterious Ways
-Desire
-Angel of Harlem

Off the top of my head...

Desire
Pride
Pride
Pride
WOWY
Vertigo
ISHFWILF
ISHFWILF
Mysterious Ways
ISHFWILF
ISHFWILF
Streets
ISHFWILF
ISHFWILF
Pride

This is more damning of America than anything Wikileaks could reveal.

No One? :lol: No way! :lol:

I have to give credit to our radiostations.U2 is pretty often played.Our main national radio´s request show has u2 asked quite often and as soon as there are some news from u2 camp,or something new comes out,it gets mentioned and played right away(love that station and it´s new music show every evening). One mainly mainstream station even plays Elevation and GOYB at least couple of times in week. And there are 2 stations that I also listen at work,that have usually only program running during the day(only music,no talking)and once a day sure some u2 song is coming(mostly ISHFWILF,One,Desire,EBTTRT,Pride,Myst.Ways,Streets.)

I've never heard one "special" U2 song on the radio, only the most obvious hits or the newest single.

This summer,day after the 23rd of july,(what is,like,THE ultimate party for estonians and the whole country has a hangover the next day)my favorite station played listeners requests all day and I texted and asked TTTYAATW and IALW(for obvious reasons)and I got them played!:applaud:

The regular Top 40 stations where I live play "Beautiful Day" or "One" now and then, but U2 is mostly played on the classic rock stations. I've heard "Pride" twice in the last few days, which is more U2 than usual. That just shows you how popular U2 are where I live. :| The others that they play are Streets, WOWY, ISHFWILF, NYD, MW, and sometimes Desire. Most of the singles from the last two albums either never got played or have been forgotten. I heard "Boots" only one time, and that was on a national Top 40 countdown show; it was number 39. :|

I heard "The Fly" on Sirius Radio on the 90's channel one time. It's the only time I've heard it on the radio. I'm wondering, since I was born in 94 and have no knowledge, how common was The Fly on radio?

Sirius play the following U2 quite a bit, from what I've discovered:

NYD
Pride
Beautiful Day
Mysterious Ways
Vertigo
I Will Follow (a couple times on Sirius channel 15)
Elevation
GOYB
Desire
Streets
ISHFWILF
One
WOWY
Gloria
Angel of Harlem

I've only heard the following once or twice and haven't heard since:

TUF (heard both studio and live)
UTEOTW
BTBS
EBTTRT
OOTS
COBL
Miracle Drug
SUC
Breathe
Out Of Control
ABOY

Current Regulars on regular radio here in Georgia:
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Pride
Streets
ISHFWILF
With or Without You
Bullet the Blue Sky
Desire
One
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day
Walk On
Vertigo
City of Blinding Lights
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Magnificent
IGCIIDGCT
Have heard but not regulars:
I Will Follow
In God's Country
One Tree Hill
Stuck
Elevation
ABOY
Boots

We used to have a radio show called "60 minutes of U2" every Saturday afternoon. They played lots of cool stuff like Night And Day. Last time I heard it was about 3 months ago, Now it is a news program. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom