u2.com membership

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phommel

Refugee
Who knows if you still get first chance in getting tickets with a U2.com-membership? I don't see anything of that mentioned in the conditions on the website..?

Tickets for what? There's no tour yet... When everything else is announced is usually when they make that type of announcement.

You could take out a description. No doubt that subscribers will get first bite of the chew when it comes to tickets. Of course U2.com is not advertising that you can buy tix for the next tour; in the past they never gave those guarantees. Then again, I got tix through U2.com/propaganda in the past four tours..... I'm convinced U2 won't let their fans down..

Join U2 fanclub or not??

Basically I would like some advice in regards to the U2.com fanclub membership which I know gets quite a lot of flak around here. Having missed out on the Vertigo tour there is just no way I'm missing out on next year's tour so what would you guys suggest?? Should I join up and pay the membership fee on the website if theres a chance that such a scheme will be used again like last time (only more successfully!), or does the new deal with Live Nation place all fans in the same boat in terms of pre-general sale ticket options? Thanks x

No I'm in UK, would love to go to as many as possible tho, if I could afford it i'd hopefully like to go to Dublin to see em there. Is it more of an integral thing for those in the States then? I'd have thought U2 would want to give at least some priority to members before general release; even if they don't go crazy this time and guarantee everyone tickets.

d have thought U2 would want to give at least some priority to members before general release; even if they don't go crazy this time and guarantee everyone tickets.

There is not guarantee. Fan club members do get a presale, though. I was able to take advantage of two presales for Vertigo because I was a Propaganda member so it was worth it to me. I am in the US so don't know how the European presales went, our first batch was a bit of a disaster. Hopefully the band's people have taken these three-plus years to devise a much better system.

No I'm in UK, would love to go to as many as possible tho, if I could afford it i'd hopefully like to go to Dublin to see em there. Is it more of an integral thing for those in the States then? I'd have thought U2 would want to give at least some priority to members before general release; even if they don't go crazy this time and guarantee everyone tickets.

Nope, I was just making sure you weren't cutting into my chances...:wink:

I don't know if I want to renew my subscription or not, I don't think there's all that much "exclusive" stuff they offer and I don't like Zootopia's message board plus most of the other info like band history, songs, lyrics, etc, you can get on the internet or already know. I'm only going to do one or 2 shows on the next tour and already have several friends & acquaintences to work with for tickets, So :hmm:

U2's stadium shows in the UK all sold out very quickly however on the last tour, so you might want to take this extra precaution.

I have kept my memebership in between the tours. I agree with the Zootopia thing. I liked it until they redid the website in 2004 and ever since it hasn't been the same.

I think that they will do a presale for members, and as soon as they announce that then everyone will go and sign-up again to get in on it. I have kept my membership even in between tours.

You could take out a description. No doubt that subscribers will get first bite of the chew when it comes to tickets. Of course U2.com is not advertising that you can buy tix for the next tour; in the past they never gave those guarantees. Then again, I got tix through U2.com/propaganda in the past four tours..... I'm convinced U2 won't let their fans down..

I agree.

Back
Top Bottom