Traveling like rock stars: NJ Devils will use U2 plane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2BROTHR

Mirror Ball Man 2.0
Traveling like rock stars: NJ Devils will use U2 plane; Patrik Elias will begin skating this week | New Jersey Devils - - New Jersey Devils - NJ.com

The Devils are apparently ready to reach rock star status.

Word is that the team will be using the Irish rock band U2's plane on their next three road trips.

Of course, the Devils have traveled first class on chartered jets for years. But using the plane in which Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen travel will be tickle some of the team's rock fans.

"Pretty cool," defenseman Paul Martin said. "Some guys are pretty pumped up. I actually got to see them when they were here. That was the first time I'd seen them. I'm not a huge fan of their music, but the live show is one of the best I've ever seen."

Seating on the plane could be a problem.

"Who gets Bono's seat?" Jay Pandolfo asked. "I'm going to see if I can pull that off."

They'll get to experience a little of the rock star life.

"At least we can pretend," Martin said.

The Devils will host the Rangers Monday night at the Prudential Center before leaving on a three-city road trip with two games in Florida and one in Washington., D.C.

Following Saturday night's season-opening 5-2 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers, the Devils were scheduled for a noon practice on Sunday.

I wish it was me who got to use that plane... preferably with U2 on-board...

rangers.gif
That is all

Back
Top Bottom