South Park featuring U2 tomorrow night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just what we all needed. :yawn:

They don't do abstract metaphors on this show anymore. Instead of writing a tenuously related plot that indirectly draws parallels to current events, Matt and Trey just throw a celebrity out there and mock them for 20 minutes. It's so obvious and unfunny.

But I would have been fucking thrilled about this years ago.

Just what we all needed. :yawn:

They don't do abstract metaphors on this show anymore. Instead of writing a tenuously related plot that indirectly draws parallels to current events, Matt and Trey just throw a celebrity out there and mock them for 20 minutes. It's so obvious and unfunny.

But I would have been fucking thrilled about this years ago.

Yeah, the quality of the show has dipped heavily in recent years because of their focus on just mocking celebrities, rather than plot. I pine for the days of episodes like "Woodland Critter Christmas." Now it seems like literally every episode is mocking a particular celebrity and it's just so tired and played out.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They're hit and miss. The recent grounded vindaloop episode was good. They're mocking of Lorde has been pretty funny actually.

Yeah, the quality of the show has dipped heavily in recent years because of their focus on just mocking celebrities, rather than plot. I pine for the days of episodes like "Woodland Critter Christmas." Now it seems like literally every episode is mocking a particular celebrity and it's just so tired and played out.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The last episode of the show that I loved (and one of my favorites in the show's entire run) is the episode about Stan realizing that he's getting older. It was a great meta reference to Matt and Trey getting sick of the show. I wish they had just ended it right there because it would have been a perfectly depressing send off.

Instead, they just ignored the one good moment of character development they had managed in years and moved on like it never happened.

I think the last really good celebrity flaying they did was the Fishsticks episode with Kanye. That shit was pretty funny.

Is that supposed to be Larry ? And they're having a 2005 era looking (I mean biggest shit) Bono next to the others.

Should be interesting :hmm:...... wth with the Angelina scene? :lol:

#savethelivingroom

Washington Redskins go F yourself Christmas Special :lmao:

I actually really enjoyed that episode--liked how the whole season had an ongoing story arc w/ the characters. Loved Bill Cosby singing "Baby It's Cold Outside" w/ Taylor Swift lol

What did they do with u2?
It was weird--the only mention of U2 was in the brief teaser we've already seen.

I actually really enjoyed that episode--liked how the whole season had an ongoing story arc w/ the characters. Loved Bill Cosby singing "Baby It's Cold Outside" w/ Taylor Swift lol

It was weird--the only mention of U2 was in the brief teaser we've already seen.

That part was quite good... As was Randy's confession that he was actually Lorde.

To be honest I was distracted why watching so I may have to rewatch

U2 was only featured for like 1 second, they said they were gonna be part of some christmas special. But they were never shown later in it.

What I really wanted out of this was for U2 to deliver gifts to people's houses and then show the families complaining that U2 invaded their privacy.

Missed opportunity there.

What I really wanted out of this was for U2 to deliver gifts to people's houses and then show the families complaining that U2 invaded their privacy.

Missed opportunity there.

they aren't even relevant enough to be made fun of properly on south park anymore. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom