New Pre-Sale System Coming (And it sucks)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So did All tickets get bundled with the album or only some?

I saw no indication on my ticket receipt that an album was included, but taking the verbiage at U2.com at its word, a album will be included with every ticket purchased.

We'll see.

Yep.
Hopefully they attempt to make it right like they did in 2005.

This is what happens when you put your fanclub's fate in the hands of LiveNation/Ticketmaster.

Glad 10Club has never gone that route.

How do we know the band will even hear about it like they did last time?

Happened to me. One email saying I'm good then another saying oops sorry we made a mistake you don't get a code now. So as it stands now, unless I verify for a general sale, I can't buy a ticket for any show, but someone who is a casual fan and has verified for general sale will be able to buy a ticket. I first saw this band in Glasgow Scotland in 1979. Have followed them ever since. So it pains me to say say this bu f**k U2. I'm done with them.

That is really bad. Why didn't they just leave the system alone how it was. Pre sale code- pre sale date- try and get ticket simples!

Still can't get my head round why people are getting these emails?is it the accounts that aren't verified? Complete joke really

There was a documentary on ticket touting here in the uk and it found evidence on there that viagogo getmein etc etc have a separate ticket allocation given to them from the tour companies. So these touting companies get given an allocation that doesn't actually go on general sale. The whole systems fucked up !

Someone refresh my memory please. What did they do in2005 to attempt to make it right?

Someone refresh my memory please. What did they do in2005 to attempt to make it right?

I can't even remember what happened in 2005 :) I can remember the band addressing it publicly though, but I can't actually remember what happened

I can't even remember what happened in 2005 :) I can remember the band addressing it publicly though, but I can't actually remember what happened

What happened is something that is less shocking today, but back in 2004/2005 it was new and unfathomable.

About 1 hour after pre-sale tickets went on sale, virtually every show was sold out. Demand was too high. And it was the maturing of the online scalping so thousands of tickets were on resale sites for 3x the amount.

Many of the U2.com members were shut out in the initial round of presales for the first leg in NA and scalpers got large quantities of the presale Tix.
Larry posted an open letter denouncing the whole thing and members who had been previous Propaganda members (this was when U2.com membership was brand new) were given a second code for presales on the fall legs in NA.
Basically the majority of new memberships when U2.com was launched were bought by scalpers and the folks who came over from Propaganda got screwed, so they made it right (as much as they could) with an added code while the new memberships were ineligible to participate in the fall legs.
This in turn led to the staggered presales that began on the 360 tour giving an advantage to longstanding members over new sign ups.

Last edited:
And then they dropped the 3 priority levels after 360 for no good reason...

Many of the U2.com members were shut out in the initial round of presales for the first leg in NA and scalpers got large quantities of the presale Tix.
Larry posted an open letter denouncing the whole thing and members who had been previous Propaganda members (this was when U2.com membership was brand new) were given a second code for presales on the fall legs in NA.
Basically the majority of new memberships when U2.com was launched were bought by scalpers and the folks who came over from Propaganda got screwed, so they made it right (as much as they could) with an added code while the new memberships were ineligible to participate in the fall legs.
This in turn led to the staggered presales that began on the 360 tour giving an advantage to longstanding members over new sign ups.

I'm one of those people they "made it right for" in 2005. I really hope they do something again. From what I've seen, the people who got the first email and then the "just kidding" email were legit, didn't have multiple accounts, etc. I really don't remember seeing anywhere that codes were a lottery. If they want it to be a lottery (which is lame), make people pay to re-up their membership to access the code AFTER the lottery, not before.

Haven't received my Innocence pre-sale text yet either...this is completely messed up.

Got my innocence presale code just a few minutes ago. Looking at the LA Forum seating chart, there is nothing available on the floor. Hopefully they'll put more floor GAs and even Red Zone tickets out for today's presale.

Wow. Fuck this thing. Not only are all the floor and red zone tix gone for LA (they didn't add any for the Innocence group) but they make most of the better pricey seats unavailable when you use your innocence code to unlock for the presale.

I figure the added shows will be a bit easier to get into but this ranks up there with the first leg Vertigo presale as a massive clusterfuck.

Trying to get floor tix to DC and can't. Ridiculous. Been on floor every tour since Zoo TV. Innocence group. Are they gradually releasing floor tix? Can't imagine they're all sold out

I had low expectations based on reports but this is falling below my low expectations. This set-up coerces long-time fans into paying scalpers for floor tix to enjoy the concert experience they've grown accustomed to.

This is bullshit. Unless all the GA and more moderately priced tickets were all scooped up by the Experience pre-sale group, it sure seems like the only options U2 made available for its dedicated, fan-club membership-buying fans is a bunch of tiers of "Fan Packages" offering all kinds of filler crap (and yes, the new album isn't worth the markup by any stretch) aimed at justifying $300 tickets (and up). What the hell??

What happened to just making available ALL the seats in the house at face value, so that the fans with early access could have their pick. You know, it's called treating your fans right!

How do they justify this shit? No doubt they'll end up adding one or two more shows, but this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I've been to multiple shows for every tour going back to 1987 and if this is how they're now serving up tickets, as part of overpriced VIP packages and at a dribble while playing like they're doing us a favor for giving us access to this shit early, I'm done.

They always save some for each level of release.

Not this time. What was showing up earlier this morning is what was left for todays presale. No additions. For the LA Forum show, GA and Red Zone sold out within a couple hours during the first presale and never showed up as available again. Makes me a bit more nervous waiting for a week-of-show ticket drops which was also always traditional on previous tours.

I got exactly the type of seats I was looking for. Snagged two tickets in Section 123, Row 21 of Wells Fargo Center. I'll freaking take it! The process only took two minutes for me.

Good luck to the rest of you on getting good tickets!

Not this time. What was showing up earlier this morning is what was left for todays presale. No additions. For the LA Forum show, GA and Red Zone sold out within a couple hours during the first presale and never showed up as available again. Makes me a bit more nervous waiting for a week-of-show ticket drops which was also always traditional on previous tours.
I can almost guarantee they have some tickets at each level held back for the general sale.

Back
Top Bottom