New Lithographs on U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah...I think I get the lithograph......I'll have to wait when it arrives at my door.

I received my U2 360 poster in the mail a while back.....You know the one that has the boys at the bottom with the dates and city at the top.

U2T47800.jpg

The description reads....

360° Tour poster that reads 'Toronto Sept 16/17 Rogers Centre'. Poster measures 14.96 x 23.38 inches or (380mm x 594mm).

So without opening the tube, I went out an searched for a frame that size....

Low and behold. The fame I got was too small.....as the actual size of the poster is 24 x 36 inches. What really is going on with U2.com and fanfire? How could the dimensions be so wrong?

360° Tour poster that reads 'Toronto Sept 16/17 Rogers Centre'. Poster measures 14.96 x 23.38 inches or (380mm x 594mm).

So without opening the tube, I went out an searched for a frame that size....

Low and behold. The fame I got was too small.....as the actual size of the poster is 24 x 36 inches. What really is going on with U2.com and fanfire? How could the dimensions be so wrong?
jesus those dimensions are way off. all i can think of is maybe somehow converting from mm to inches someone screwed up? but it is fanfire so i suppose anything's possible.

and man, seven months with no poster, i would've already contacted my credit card's fraud department. :down: looks like i'll just stick to buying their merch at concerts, i don't know if i'd want to take the risk of ordering any of their stuff online.

jesus those dimensions are way off. all i can think of is maybe somehow converting from mm to inches someone screwed up? but it is fanfire so i suppose anything's possible.

Luckily I found a frame by Umbra called Posta......with those exact dimensions to fit the Toronto concert poster.

When I get my Lithograph, I am going to send it to an expert framer.

Ok...my JT lithograph came in the mail.

To answer my own question, the picture looks to have been printed on a special cardboard/bristol board paper. The picture itself feels very waxy and the ink has somewhat of a texture.

I'm headed to get it framed today. I love some of the examples of framing that people have put up so far. Did anyone do anything with their certificates of authenticity? I wish I could incorporate it in the frame as well but then I think it would just look stupid.

I'm pretty excited. :hyper:

I keep mine with my important documents, like my high school diploma and passport and such. :wink:

Ah...good idea.

I took the litho into the framing store. It's a store that similar to Michael's in the states.

I pulled it out and two women proceeded to Ooo and Ahhh over the way it was printed, numbered (mine was 23 or 28/500), the quality of the paper, and the clarity of the picture.

So we started to talk prices and logistics, and how it should be framed. I showed them pictures of other lithos from this thread on my iphone. We decided on special UV glass (to prevent yellowing of the paper) as well as having it spaced back from the glass instead of it touching the glass. High humidity can cause the print to stick to the glass over time.

I was leaning towards a clean metal frame since most of my other posters and U2 pictures are in metal frames. She insisted on black wood claiming it would look better, it's stronger quality than the metal frames she has and then she exclaimed, "It's the Joshua Tree...it's gotta be wood!"

She also said that they would take the certificate of authenticity and place it on the back side of the picture frame.....thus making it truly a limited edition, museum like piece.

I won't even bother to let you know how much this is gonna cost me. I shouldn't bother to tell my wife either.

still waiting for my sandymount beach print. (ordered Jan 2010)

not looking good considering its vanished from the website. I emailed someone U2.com about it back in March and they said about 3-4 weeks.

Ok...my JT lithograph came in the mail.

To answer my own question, the picture looks to have been printed on a special cardboard/bristol board paper. The picture itself feels very waxy and the ink has somewhat of a texture.

I'm headed to get it framed today. I love some of the examples of framing that people have put up so far. Did anyone do anything with their certificates of authenticity? I wish I could incorporate it in the frame as well but then I think it would just look stupid.

I'm pretty excited. :hyper:

So which JT litho did you order? I thought they were all sold out. :scratch:

Thanks for the heads up on the lithograph. The live nation store is weird. If you search for all lithographs, the JT one doesn't show up. If you select "album" there it is! Just ordered it. It will go along with my 360 tour litho Edge / Bono reaching for each other. Here's to another 550 bucks for framing. :sad:

Thanks for the tip. I am thinking about one of the lithos for my brother's birthday this year. U2BROTHR can you give me the dimensions of the JT lithograph?

I actually was able to frame a U2 promo poster earlier this year really well using stuff from Michaels. It cost me under 40.00 but I didn't use the technique where you referenced with the spacing of the glass. I'll have to google that. :p

I have one of the JT lithos framed in my house and I love it. I have a lot of other U2 posters up too since I sort of collect them, but I'm thinking about framing another one I have because it's kind of special. I haven't seen it around often, but it's a poster from Bono's photo exhibition in the late 80's. (The photo is of him and his photographs) Problem is I'm running out of room in my house! :hmm:

I'm very fond of my Litho, which also cost quite a lot to frame, but it's worth every cent! If there ever will be a new AB or Pop one, I might buy it.

I actually was able to frame a U2 promo poster earlier this year really well using stuff from Michaels. It cost me under 40.00 but I didn't use the technique where you referenced with the spacing of the glass. I'll have to google that. :p
seconding the michaels love. that's where i go to get all my posters framed, they do a great job. plus there almost always seems to be some coupon in the paper so i've never paid full price.

Thanks for the tip. I am thinking about one of the lithos for my brother's birthday this year. U2BROTHR can you give me the dimensions of the JT lithograph?

You might want to get the litho professionally done. I recently did my U2 360 Toronto picture myself with a plexiglass front and frame. Looks good....but that was just a thin poster.

The JT lithograph are 690 x970mm according to the website. That's approximately 28" by 39". I didn't measure my litho myself. I just handed it to the frame store and they did it.

Regardless, when you do get your litho in the mail, you'll see. You don't wanna just slap this in any old frame. The quality of the paper and the print is such high quality, you'd think someone might have painted this themselves for you.

I'm very fond of my Litho, which also cost quite a lot to frame, but it's worth every cent! If there ever will be a new AB or Pop one, I might buy it.

I agree Galeongirl......If another AB one comes up....I'm gonna have to get one. Those were my first concerts ever....

Thanks for the tip. I still need to get my Sandymount lithograph framed.

:grumpy: I want that Sandymount litho soooooo badly. I have since they were introduced & I'd managed to just put it out of my mind. Seeing the new posts in this thread has just confirmed how great it would look in my own shrine. Wonder if Kelly would appreciate getting a framed litho for his birthday in November? :hmm: :shifty: :|

I bought mine last year and it's still sitting in the tube. It's pretty and I just need to find the extra money toget it framed and up on the wall.

:grumpy: I want that Sandymount litho soooooo badly. I have since they were introduced & I'd managed to just put it out of my mind. Seeing the new posts in this thread has just confirmed how great it would look in my own shrine. Wonder if Kelly would appreciate getting a framed litho for his birthday in November? :hmm: :shifty: :|

Is that Sandymount one sold out BluRmGrl? I say you find one YOU like and give it to Kelly for his birthday.

Two birds....one stone :applaud:

Is that Sandymount one sold out BluRmGrl? I say you find one YOU like and give it to Kelly for his birthday.

Two birds....one stone :applaud:

Don't know if it's sold out... I've really tried to not learn too much about it 'cause then I'll just get all obsessed and that leads to manic episodes, which brings discord into the home & puts me onto a path of financial irresponsibility followed by marital discord, so um, yeah... it just turns into a big... thing. :reject: :lol:

But as for buying Kelly the litho that I want, that was the whole joke. It'd be the same as if you'd bought your litho for J's birthday. :laugh:

The original Sandymount was sold out, but apparently Livenation still had them(probably taken out of the 4 litho deal). Mine was bought about 2 days after it was announced on U2.com, and I was 243/500. They sold out within a week.

Seeing this thread actually prompted to check the order and it still showed pending on the Live Nation website, so I sent them an email and they responded within 30 minutes saying they still had the order and it was still backordered.

What I don't understand is, if these were supposedly limited edition, how could they be backordered?

I'd be asking someone that very same thing. How do you back order something that was only produced (over SIX MONTHS ago) in finite numbers???? :waiting:

Back
Top Bottom