Liam Gallagher - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-02-2017, 05:58 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,571
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Liam Gallagher

Liam's having another pop at u2 again

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mir...g-10912898.amp

Think he is missing the point that u2 have done everything they have done their way not by constantly being in the press or living the so called rock n roll lifestyle. Think that's what makes u2's achievements more special, let's face it a band with 3 born again christians in and being very clean cut being the biggest band in the world doesn't add up in today's society. But u2 done it and they did it their way.

Plus Liam's got a new record coming out so he knows slagging u2 off will get him some press. He ain't stupid.

Love oasis myself. 2nd favourite band. in the uk I'd 100% say oasis in their prime were bigger then u2. They changed Britain really. Only the uk though. They were big elsewhere but in England they were untouchable. Never really made it in the states did they. Honestly don't think they could be bothered putting the work in touring wise. They could of and should of done it but they didn't.
__________________

rennowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:22 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 9,278
Local Time: 08:36 AM
3 Born Again Christians in U2? Nope

Oasis in their prime? You mean a whole 2 years? '94-'96?

Good grief.
__________________

MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:32 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,571
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
3 Born Again Christians in U2? Nope

Oasis in their prime? You mean a whole 2 years? '94-'96?

Good grief.


Bono, Larry and edge are all Christian aren't they?

Probably go 94-97, be here now was a huge album. In England oasis were huge, bigger then u2 have ever been in the uk. If it's only 2-3 years then so be it but oasis in their prime we're bigger here
rennowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:04 AM   #4
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,188
Local Time: 07:36 AM
Liam Gallagher

Liam's the Trump of music. He's playing the populist these days; at his height he liked to brag about how big and rich he was, now he's trying to pretend he's one of the people. He's had several interviews where he attacks his brother and Bono about being rich and out of touch, while he tries to pretend he's a musician and s fashion designer.

I guess he's still pissed off that Bono kissed and never called
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:04 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dan_smee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 13,111
Local Time: 10:36 PM
Must have an album coming out...
dan_smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:16 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,571
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Liam's the Trump of music. He's playing the populist these days; at his height he liked to brag about how big and rich he was, now he's trying to pretend he's one of the people. He's had several interviews where he attacks his brother and Bono about being rich and out of touch, while he tries to pretend he's a musician and s fashion designer.


Great shout. Liam's trying to be the voice of the working class from the things he has been saying.

Thing is for me oasis we're working class heros. Their early songs growing up as a kid from a working class backgrounds were songs I and many other could relate to. Once they released all these songs and the songs wasn't about partying/growing up etc etc that's when their quality went.
rennowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:16 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,571
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
must have an album coming out...


100%
rennowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:27 AM   #8
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,188
Local Time: 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennowba View Post
Great shout. Liam's trying to be the voice of the working class from the things he has been saying.

Thing is for me oasis we're working class heros. Their early songs growing up as a kid from a working class backgrounds were songs I and many other could relate to. Once they released all these songs and the songs wasn't about partying/growing up etc etc that's when their quality went.


I've always been curious about this image, was it just because they talked about their "working class" background so much in interviews? I mean they didn't write about anything specific to the working class, and there's a big percentage of musicians that came from the same background.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:03 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,204
Local Time: 11:06 PM
Hardly thread worthy. Liam naturally likes to get a rise out of others/attention, and for the most part it's a pointless exercise to be riled up by what he says.
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:08 AM   #10
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I guess he's still pissed off that Bono kissed and never called
Heh
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:33 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
mama cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,293
Local Time: 01:36 PM
album to promote plus sibling rivalry...

they were never universally loved in Britain though - remember the Blur/Oasis wars of the mid-90s? i was DEFINITELY a Blur girl - Oasis are just a jumped up pub band in my humble opinion, they're the Status Quo of BritPop! (they did write a few good tunes but they all sound the same really) whereas Blur are just amazing

although, have to say i was pretty impressed with Noel's performance in Paris - was pleasantly surprised!
mama cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:33 AM   #12
Refugee
 
Hollow Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,271
Local Time: 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I've always been curious about this image, was it just because they talked about their "working class" background so much in interviews? I mean they didn't write about anything specific to the working class, and there's a big percentage of musicians that came from the same background.
they wrote about trying to live well in the absence of money or opportunity, at least at first.

Liam's always been a populist, and ragging on Noel and Bono's celebrity pals is fair game
Hollow Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:35 AM   #13
Refugee
 
Hollow Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,271
Local Time: 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennowba View Post
being very clean cut
ha! the only one about whom this claim can be made is Adam because he's been sober for a long time
Hollow Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:40 AM   #14
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,188
Local Time: 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Island View Post
they wrote about trying to live well in the absence of money or opportunity, at least at first.
Wow, never saw that, but I guess I took their lyrics as seriously as Noel did; "just words that rhyme".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Island View Post
Liam's always been a populist, and ragging on Noel and Bono's celebrity pals is fair game
No one said it wasn't, just hypocritical.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,571
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
album to promote plus sibling rivalry...

they were never universally loved in Britain though - remember the Blur/Oasis wars of the mid-90s? i was DEFINITELY a Blur girl - Oasis are just a jumped up pub band in my humble opinion, they're the Status Quo of BritPop! (they did write a few good tunes but they all sound the same really) whereas Blur are just amazing

although, have to say i was pretty impressed with Noel's performance in Paris - was pleasantly surprised!


Blur won that war aswell by beating roll with it to number one but oasis definitely won the war when they released morning glory. I don't think anyone is ever universally loved but oasis were pretty close. The knebworth gigs were huge, their was that much demand they reckon they could of played for a week there. 125,000 a night. I'd say oasis were a mix of the Beatles and slade. They wasn't anything new was they
rennowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:18 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,571
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Island View Post
they wrote about trying to live well in the absence of money or opportunity, at least at first.

Liam's always been a populist, and ragging on Noel and Bono's celebrity pals is fair game


Got to agree with this. songs like cigarettes and alcohol, rock n roll star, supersonic etc were for me written about not having much cash but still going out there and having it. Making the best of what you had. About going out and having a good time. Soundtrack to a generation really
rennowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:58 AM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dan_smee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 13,111
Local Time: 10:36 PM
I was an Oasis fan in the 90s, but my feelings for the two could not be more polar. I love Noel - brilliant songwriter, performer, and his banter is always on point. If it is mean, it is probably deserved, but usually it is tongue in cheek. Liam is a massive tool, who uses his massive gob to make up for his massive lack of talent.
dan_smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:44 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,571
Local Time: 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
I was an Oasis fan in the 90s, but my feelings for the two could not be more polar. I love Noel - brilliant songwriter, performer, and his banter is always on point. If it is mean, it is probably deserved, but usually it is tongue in cheek. Liam is a massive tool, who uses his massive gob to make up for his massive lack of talent.


Thing is though, Noel is the brains 100% but without Liam as a frontman there's no way on earth oasis would have worked or got as big as they did. They needed each other for it to be what it was. Noel on stage doesn't really have any stage presence, where as Liam you can't take your eyes off the bloke. Got so much charisma and all he does is stand there. If Liam was the brains and Noel was the lead man then i really cannot see how oasis would have been half as big.

I've always said this all the great frontmen from jagger to Freddie to bono. They have to do things to get your attention. If they stood there doing nothing they really wouldn't have the same impact. Where as Liam comes out does nothing but stare at the crowd yet he has the same command of an audience then any other frontman I've seen. So who is the better frontman the man who does all sorts of crazy shit to get attention or the man who does nothing at all but still gets all the attention??
rennowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:34 AM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dan_smee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 13,111
Local Time: 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennowba View Post
Thing is though, Noel is the brains 100% but without Liam as a frontman there's no way on earth oasis would have worked or got as big as they did. They needed each other for it to be what it was. Noel on stage doesn't really have any stage presence, where as Liam you can't take your eyes off the bloke. Got so much charisma and all he does is stand there. If Liam was the brains and Noel was the lead man then i really cannot see how oasis would have been half as big.

I've always said this all the great frontmen from jagger to Freddie to bono. They have to do things to get your attention. If they stood there doing nothing they really wouldn't have the same impact. Where as Liam comes out does nothing but stare at the crowd yet he has the same command of an audience then any other frontman I've seen. So who is the better frontman the man who does all sorts of crazy shit to get attention or the man who does nothing at all but still gets all the attention??

No doubt they wouldn't have been as big. Still, Liam is nothing without Noel, whereas Noel has the HFBs, and they are freaking great.
dan_smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:18 AM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 62,865
Local Time: 08:36 AM
Liam is taking shots at U2 while Noel is opening them and praising them at every moment? Ya don't say.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×