Let us discuss the video for Last Night On Earth.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Video wont show.

I actually love that video, I think Bono and Larry look really HOT in it, although the purpose of Sophie is?

strange. yes.

rate it 7 outta 10.

last night on earth, army called in to help while strange people drooling bang on your car bonnet in frustration!

four hot men getting out of a car and walking on road.

:up::up::up:

Can you believe that this video was originally intended for Staring At The Sun?

The Pop era videos are some of the most peculiar of the bands career. After Please, LNOE is my favourite though. Yeah, haven't got a clue what's going but Bono and Larry look so cool and I love the idea of the guys just cruising along the highway on a blazing hot day. I always laugh at the sight of Bono doing his very best to ignore Sophie Dahl. Plus that stunt that Edge performs in the car is great!!

Not sure about the guy with gunk all over his hands or William Burroughs appearing at the end but it's a damn sight better than the 'camcorder version' of Staring At The Sun.

It's excellent! :up:
One of their great videos. I love the B-movie style, the humour and the lemons. Everything actually. :)

I think the weirdest U2 Vid, thou its not really official, is the Miami one.......well unless that was JUST done for the PoP Documentary that went out yon time.

I mean, Bono looked stoned at one point for artisitic purpose.

:D

I never understood the hate of this video, its an awesome U2 B-movie! A hell of a lot better than Discotheque.

for those who can't figure out that Universal blocks embedding and to just click on the link...

YouTube - U2 - Last Night On Earth

this video is incredibly awful... in the way that many arnold schwarzeneger movies are just soooooo incredibly awful that they're good. the way that david caruso's cut-scene's in CSI: Miami are sooooooo terrible that people now actually tune in just to watch them. it's that kinda bad.

on a side note, i never picked up on this before... but at around the 2:30 mark of the video, you can see a cameo from Interference's own NoSpokenWords. who knew!

If we're going to trash the Last Night on Earth video, we should be equanimious and discuss the Last Night on Earth (First Night in Hell) remix video.

I don't like to say that something has no reason to exist....

...But that video has no reason to exist.

I recall seeing the last few seconds of this on Music TV back in '97/98, but I'd never seen the whole thing. So, thanks for that. On the other hand, it's God-awful.

What was with the fat guy with the egg-yolk or whatever dripping off his hands?

And I'm really disappointed that, at the end, neither Adam nor Edge slid across the hood of the car... Would have been a great "Cochise" moment.

Also, what's with the William Burroughs cameo?

"I predict... that in the neeeear future... right wingers will uuuuuuuse... drug hysteria... to set up... and INternational... police appartus."

I think it's one of those things where they were kind of hoping magic would happen and it just didn't come together very well. They went through with shutting down a major metro highway and then, poof, not much happened.

They look good, though.

It is really bad, not even in a "so bad it's good way", it's just really very bad. I'm not crazy about the song, though it was very good live. Mofo would have been a much better single.

I recall seeing the last few seconds of this on Music TV back in '97/98, but I'd never seen the whole thing. So, thanks for that. On the other hand, it's God-awful.

What was with the fat guy with the egg-yolk or whatever dripping off his hands?

And I'm really disappointed that, at the end, neither Adam nor Edge slid across the hood of the car... Would have been a great "Cochise" moment.

Also, what's with the William Burroughs cameo?

"I predict... that in the neeeear future... right wingers will uuuuuuuse... drug hysteria... to set up... and INternational... police appartus."

William Burroughs was from Kansas I think, where the video was shot, that's the only link I can think of, he'd of made much more sense in a ZOO TV era video. Wasn't it the last time he was on camera?

It's been quite a long while since I watched this video, certainly weird, but still arty and enjoyable to watch from what I remember.

i like it very much. b-movie format, zombies and great actors with the band cruisin down mainstreet:sexywink::up::up::up:

ahhhh the mid (to late) 90's. what a wonderful time to be alive. Actually anytime is a wonderful time to belive i think..

But i do love that "era", the 90's..

gonna have to go with "i like this video because" it came from that era and its cheesy and corny and whatever else.

Not the greatest but I thought it was kinda interesting.
Sophie is beautiful. I thought it was cool they didnt go with the typical Kate Moss type supermodel.

Back
Top Bottom