Lady With The Spinning Head [Extended Dance Mix] is the single greatest thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
...that U2 has ever released. Puts No Line's title track to shame. Makes One seem like a B-side. Joshua Tree and UF don't even come into the equation. Sleek, sexy, genuine, modern, suprisingly uncluttered for a early 90s dance mix...fucking amazing.

Edge's guitar solo after the strings at 4:10 is probably the reason I am still a U2 fan.

Lady With the Spinning Head is a great song, don't get me wrong, but the extended mix is pretty much the best thing to happen since the Beatles or Split Enz.

It was pretty awesome, but not that awesome. :wink:

:reject:

I remember there was a thread on this somewhere.

...that U2 has ever released. Puts No Line's title track to shame. Makes One seem like a B-side. Joshua Tree and UF don't even come into the equation. Sleek, sexy, genuine, modern, suprisingly uncluttered for a early 90s dance mix...fucking amazing.

Edge's guitar solo after the strings at 4:10 is probably the reason I am still a U2 fan.

Lady With the Spinning Head is a great song, don't get me wrong, but the extended mix is pretty much the best thing to happen since the Beatles or Split Enz.

Truly great great song.

I like both versions. A version combining the Edge's solo of UV1 version and ending of Ext. Mix would be the ideal.

:drool:

I wouldn't call it the single greatest thing ever, but it's quite awesome, especially for a b-side. if The Fly didn't exist it would be album-worthy

this track is the love child of discotheque and the fly on human growth hormones!

It rivals condoms in the list of man's greatest innovations!

this track is the love child of discotheque and the fly on human growth hormones!

It rivals condoms in the list of man's greatest innovations!

I love the song too, but please explain how exactly it can be a child of Discotheque while it was written about 6 years earlier?

I like this song very much. One of my all time favourits. Even the demo is better than a lot of A-side-songs.:applaud::applaud:

I prefer the original version over the extended dance mix, but in general this song kicks a**! Achtung Baby would've been the perfect album if they would've ended the album with this song. This song sums up the entire album, and even though it would've been weird to put such a fast-beat song in the end of an album, heck the entire Achtung Baby (except for One, perhaps) was weird for all of us U2 fans when it was released. I don't really like how the album ends with Acrobat and Love is Blindness, never really cared for those songs. If Love is Blindness was replaced with this however: Holy crap!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom