I Don't Like Zooropa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
love the long intro to zooropa, love babyface, lemon is perfect in every way, HMTMKMKM should have been added after some days and before the first time (I put it there anyways)

The cover art is awesome. It just an awesome piece of art. Strange, industrial, moving, and beautiful at the same time.

I genuinely feel bad for anyone who doesn't like this album

I agree, Zooropa is easily one of U2's best (better than Joshua Tree?)....Lemon might be my favorite of all time, but I can listen to this album the whole way through no problem...love it!! Plus, Dirty Day - extremely underrated!!

LOL! and in no way am i saying The Joshua Tree is bad. i consider all of U2's albums to be strong, but if you gave me a choice of which album i'd rather listen to between the two, i'd choose Zooropa 9 out of 10 times.

i easily prefer Zooropa to The Joshua Tree.

Strange choice, if you ask me. I also don't understand how you listening to Animal Collective for example or song FEZ :ohmy::ohmy:

But your number one U2 album is really the greatest.

Zooropa is a great album, but it's not as great as Achtung Baby, Pop, The Joshua Tree, No Line On The Horizon, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, Rattle & Hum or even All That You Can't Leave Behind. :rolleyes:

Zooropa is a good song. Not more.
Babyface - maybe the worst U2 song. Awful FEZ is excellent if you compare it with Babyface. :happy:
Numb is a cool track. Not masterpiece maybe, but it is a fine song.

Lemon is great. Maybe there best here. :dance::bono::macdevil:

Stay is excellent but overestimated a little bit. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Daddy's Gonna Pay, The First Time and The Wanderer are very good tracks.

Somedays is another awful and overestimated track from Zooropa.

Dirty Day is another classic from Zooropa. :heart: Maybe this song is better than Lemon. :rolleyes:

Strange choice, if you ask me. I also don't understand how you listening to Animal Collective for example or song FEZ :ohmy::ohmy:

all depends on preferences. i prefer music that stretches the imagination over music that's immediate.

all depends on preferences. i prefer music that stretches the imagination over music that's immediate.

I think Animal Collective music or songs like FEZ, Somedays Are Better Than Others are only bad experiments. This music was planned as experiment, but not all experiments are successful. As a result this music can't rock you or make you feel anything. It's like listening to birds singing - if your ears listen to it for a long time you'll start to feel some harmony. I like listen to some relax sounds, but there is nothing great for art in it. There are many good band's that are not immediate and interesting: Dream Theater, Autechre, Hallucinogen, Radiohead, for example. They make interesting experiments. But Animal Collective sounds like singing of Down's syndrome children, I realy can't understand why are they so popular today. FEZ Being Born is another bad experiment. There are some bad experiments in Zooropa too, so Zooropa < The Joshua Tree and < Achtung Baby for me. No doubt. :shame:

Fez isn't really very experimental. In fact, it's really pretty straightforward.

It's also fantastic.

i'm a 90's U2 guy, so this album is naturally in my top 5. you just have to get through the weirdness, then you'll realize that Zooropa, Lemon, Stay, and The First Time are some of U2's greatest songs ever.

Yep. I think that's my problem with this one right now. I just can't seem to get past that. You know what, I'm gonna fall asleep to this album tonight and gonna finish out the week listening only to this album. It's a sort of assignment made by me to myself!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom