I come to profess my love for Zooropa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh okay. I never bothered dissecting it in that fine detail, lol. All I know is it's Zooropa... like Europa.

:nerd:

Daddy's Gonna Pay is one of the many reasons why ZooTV kicks ass. Though "I fell in love in Chicago...listening to Miles Davis..." comes pretty fucking close.

Why embarrassing? Cos he is just sitting there and doing nothing? :lol: It did look a bit odd but I wasn't embarrassed by it. It's something different from the typical band format.

But yeah the song was made for the studio! At least the video has a bunch of cool stuff happening. There is no need to play it live.

he just mumbled

Well... he mumbled cos... that's how he sings that song on the record! He can't exactly shout it out like Pride In The Name Of Love now, can he? lol.

But yeah, the performance is like a total opposite of how a live show should be. The song was definitely not made to be performed on stage.

Well... he mumbled cos... that's how he sings that song on the record! He can't exactly shout it out like Pride In The Name Of Love now, can he? lol.

But yeah, the performance is like a total opposite of how a live show should be. The song was definitely not made to be performed on stage.

Well that's my point. It's one thing to sing to a backing track and actually sing, but to sing to a backing track that only requires mumbling? He should have done what the rest of the band did and not have shown up... There were so many great tracks on Zooropa that they could have performed live.

Well that's my point. It's one thing to sing to a backing track and actually sing, but to sing to a backing track that only requires mumbling? He should have done what the rest of the band did and not have shown up... There were so many great tracks on Zooropa that they could have performed live.

There is some humor in it as well. "Look at me I'm addicted to TV!"

Back
Top Bottom