Favorite Live Opener?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The drums were awesome, even better when the feedback from Edge's guitar started up... but once the rest of the band kicked in, it just lacked the punch and energy it should've had, at least for an opener. I enjoy the song but not at the beginning of a set.

The drums were awesome, even better when the feedback from Edge's guitar started up... but once the rest of the band kicked in, it just lacked the punch and energy it should've had, at least for an opener. I enjoy the song but not at the beginning of a set.

Exactly! :up:

When I saw U2 at Croke on the 360 I thought breathe was great. Those drums were so loud and waiting for bono to come out was suspense at its finest. Seeing U2 in Dublin was a dream and those few minutes from when parry walked down the hill until that first beat kicked in was priceless

When I saw U2 at Croke on the 360 I thought breathe was great. Those drums were so loud and waiting for bono to come out was suspense at its finest. Seeing U2 in Dublin was a dream and those few minutes from when parry walked down the hill until that first beat kicked in was priceless

No one is arguing that, it is once the song kicked in with the whole band it just did not work great as a opener, it was just sort of meh at that point. Not like other songs they opened with. I like Breathe, should have been done live. Just should not have opened shows.

silkensky said:
I still think Fez-Being Born would have been a mind blowing opener. Pity they never tried it, even though some fans would disagree. Can just imagine the brilliance of an opening trio consisting of Fez-BB -> NLOTH -> GOYB. Only just a dream now...

Fez- Being Born would have been incredible as an opener. Sad they never did it. I really like that song.

I am pretty sure I've seen all of the original list posted.

Gold: Streets in the late 80's with the red back-drop visual.

Silver: Elevation with the house lights on. That was pretty cool, and it felt very original; the first time at least.

Bronze: Zoo Station -- more for the show opener, Bono in the silohette than the song, but still damn fun.

Too bad they don't let Willie pick the opening single off an album cuz he does wonders with the opening song of a live set.

Streets, Hawkmoon, Zoo Station and Mofo are all golden.

I would like to mention Gloria did the job quite well too:drool:

Back
Top Bottom