ESPN FIFA World Cup 2010 spot - Magnificent (with Bono narrating)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paul Hewson most definitely wrote this. Filled with Bono-isms.

Actually, nope. They handed the script to Bono, and he laughed and asked, "Did I write this?" in a joking manner, since it sounded like his writing.

How U2 Got Involved with ESPN Again - @U2 Blog

When we presented it to Bono, who does the voice-over, he kind of smiled and said, ‘Did I write that?’ Because it’s his voice, it’s his point of view and that’s why he was so agreeable to help us do the voiceover.

Just saw an ad using Unknown Caller

same...U2 is everywhere in the sports world these days...pretty awesome :up:

There's also a recent promo using a newly recorded version of GOYB with the Soweto Gospel Choir which was cool.

same...U2 is everywhere in the sports world these days...pretty awesome :up:

There's also a recent promo using a newly recorded version of GOYB with the Soweto Gospel Choir which was cool.

That promo with GOYB is really great/ really interesting - manages to celebrate Africa, the sport, and U2 . . .

I love these promos. I can't think of another band/ musician with songs that would work as celebration/ inspiration the way U2's songs do in these spots.

So the USA and Britain play today in a little over an hour. :hyper:
Who do you think our boys are rooting for?
Bono would probably give some diplomatic answer...and remain neutral. :| The rest of them?? I would think that if the US beat Britain that would help Ireland's team right? I have no clue...
I am a novice. Just now getting excited about this...it has taken the US a while to warm up to football (soccer) but here in the Seattle area people have been on fire for a while now... :) :hyper:

^^Awww man. They were robbed!!!! :sad: Poor Ireland. I love them.

That is crazy. Just like the baseball pitcher here in the US that pitched a PERFECT game recently and the umpire made the WRONG call and gave a base hit to the opposing team in the 9th inning. (the end of the game)
The ump even said he was sorry and said it was a mistake but they couldn't reverse the call. :(
Sad, but the pitcher was so gracious and kind about it... that became the story!
I forget what team and what his name is. :reject:

Aren't sports fun? It's life in a game.

Sorry to derail the thread. ..... I am loving all the U2 music during the game!! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom