do you like stuck in a moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

do you like stuck in a moment.

• yes.

Votes: 142 77.2%
  • no.

Votes: 42 22.8%

• Total voters
Stuck :heart:
The acoustic version is even better, especially after listening to it live. It's a simple but a wonderful song.

And if the night runs over
And if the day won't last
And if your way should falter
Along this stoney pass

And Edge's falsetto suits perfectly, it's amazing: :love::applaud:

I like it, I think the sentiment/theme behind it is a little more dark than the poppishness suggests, so while maybe a darker song about suicide would have been less derided here, I think its an interesting juxtaposition. However I don't really like the production/arrangement on ATYCLB, but I do like the acoustic version on U2 7 very much.

Also the US video was atrocious, the Europe one was pretty good.

Man... listening to Stuck (acoustic) between Kite and In A Little While on ATYCLB is just perfect! It absolutely should have been the mellow ending to side A.

Used to just think of it as an average, yet important part of the U2 canon. In the past year I've grown to reckon it as awesome. Lovely song.

It's a brilliant song and I love it. Great lyrics, great arrangement, great everything. Edge's falsetto at the end sends it heavenward.

I remember back in 2000 when I first played the album, and when this song came I started laughing because the melody was so strong that it was like U2 were out-doing pop bands at pop tunes... and doing it rather well. But I do think this song and "In A Little While" succeeded in getting a soul/pop kind of style that sometimes only exists in Bono's dreams.

i like the lyrics.

I like the lyrics a whole lot more than the song . . . will admit to grudging respect for it live . . . It is one of the only songs in the U2 cannon that makes me cringe a little . . . and I even tried really really really hard to like it . . . and don't even get me started on that hideous football video :gah:

I disagree. I think the cheesy-ass synthesized horns and sterile production is far more damaging to the album version than the lyrics, which aren't awful, merely cloying. The acoustic arrangement is far more pleasing and suitable.

this :up:

:sad: Think of the kittens!!!

:lol: . . . poor kitties :sad:

one of the few songs I like more in the album than live (any live version sucks)

ONE is another one

About the Michael Hutchence thing, I personally have my doubts that it was written specifically about him. Bono often creates (rather abstract) lyrics, and then later assigns a particular meaning to them after the songs assume a live identity, which is fine. He certainly applied the song to the Hutcher later, but I've never seen any clear evidence where he stated that he had him in mind while writing the lyric (did Edge contribute to them? Dunno.). For one thing, the whole lyric is addressing someone who is clearly stll alive. I could be wrong, but that's my feeling...

I love it. Stuck really started my U2 obsession, ATYCLB was the first non-bubblegum pop album :)lol:) that I got seriously into when I was about 11 or 12. Great song, great album, I don't really get the hate.

I find it interesting that some people who dislike the album version enjoy other versions of the song. I think the song's worst quality is its lyrics (poor Michael Hutchence, having that drivel written about him), and unless U2 suddenly decide to bust out an instrumental Stuck, there is no escaping the lyrics no matter how the band play it.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion but I couldn't disagree with you more. I will take a song with poignant lyrics about real life challenges presented in such a powerful way over a mole digging in a hole any day of the week.

About the Michael Hutchence thing, I personally have my doubts that it was written specifically about him. Bono often creates (rather abstract) lyrics, and then later assigns a particular meaning to them after the songs assume a live identity, which is fine. He certainly applied the song to the Hutcher later, but I've never seen any clear evidence where he stated that he had him in mind while writing the lyric (did Edge contribute to them? Dunno.). For one thing, the whole lyric is addressing someone who is clearly stll alive. I could be wrong, but that's my feeling...

He actually did say that it was written specifically for him...

When the album came out reviews and what not kept saying that it was written about Hutch and when Bono was asked he'd only vaguely reminisce about Hutch and talk about his depression but not actually mention suicide. After Paula died is when Bono actually said he believed it was suicide and that the song was written for Hutch, but out of respect didn't want to talk about it because Paula was still holding onto the idea that it was a sex act gone wrong.

Yes the lyric is addressing someone alive because it's told from the perspective if Michael had called him that last night.

He actually did say that it was written specifically for him...

When the album came out reviews and what not kept saying that it was written about Hutch and when Bono was asked he'd only vaguely reminisce about Hutch and talk about his depression but not actually mention suicide. After Paula died is when Bono actually said he believed it was suicide and that the song was written for Hutch, but out of respect didn't want to talk about it because Paula was still holding onto the idea that it was a sex act gone wrong.

Yes the lyric is addressing someone alive because it's told from the perspective if Michael had called him that last night.

I really can't remember where I read it anymore, but wasn't there something said that the 2 very close friends had made a promise, that if thoughts of suicide were ever to become serious, they would call each other.

No idea if it is true, or where I read that now.

I really can't remember where I read it anymore, but wasn't there something said that the 2 very close friends had made a promise, that if thoughts of suicide were ever to become serious, they would call each other.

No idea if it is true, or where I read that now.

Yeah, apparently Hutch, Simon LeBon(I think?) and Bono had this "lead singers club" were all out on vacation and Hutch brought it up and they made this pact...

It also explains Duran Duran's "Michael, You've Got a Lot to Answer For" which was actually released before his death...

i like it. i still really like atyclb.

actually, just about 15 minutes ago i decided i'm completely over my dislike for u2. as long as i don't hear pride, new year's day, one, or any of the major singles off the joshua tree, that is.

maybe i'll actually buy a copy of no line on the horizon now.

Back
Top Bottom