Bono's hair looking really thin in a recent picture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know the songs, and I still hate them, so there is that! :wink:

I like the guitarist from Interpol. He was fun to watch. Geddy Lee gives me the hurls.

Sadly I know the songs too, at least 2112. And I hated every second of having to play them on GH. :wink:

I don't think I watched muh interpol. Pretty much with closed eyes most of the time.

Man for man, as musicians, Rush is more talented than U2. That's really not even debatable. I'm not talking vocals or lyrically...just pure musicianship and how skilled their are at their respective instruments. Geddy Lee and Neil Peart in particular are among their best at their instruments in rock history. Edge is the most talented member of U2, musically, and has done some really amazing, and creative stuff w/the guitar, but even then I'm not sure I'd put him anywhere near Alex Lifeson's league as far as pure guitar talent...and Lifeson is probably the least talented member of Rush.

That doesn't mean Rush puts out better music than U2, that's just a matter of personal taste. U2 is the classic "whole being better than the sum of its parts", and while none of them are elite musicians separately, together they make amazing music.

Yeah, I prefer U2 these days, but Rush is still among my favourites, and those who dismiss them w/o knowing their music are really speaking out of ignorance.

Geddy Lee and Neil Peart are each individually better musicians, in the purest sense (ie, discounting Edge's amazing work with effects), than all of U2 combined. U2 would probably agree with that. That said, I prefer U2 by miles. That's just a matter of personal taste. When I listen to music, I'm interested in how it affects me, not how musically brilliant it is, and I have found U2 to succeed in that realm very well for me in a way that Rush never have. But Rush are incredible musicians nonetheless.

In MY opinion (I am allowed to have one, right?) I do not like Rush. I respect those that do, but nothing anyone says is going to change my opinion. I have heard a lot of their songs, as most Canadians have, and I don't care for them. I am not dismissing them.

Geddy Lee and Neil Peart are each individually better musicians, in the purest sense (ie, discounting Edge's amazing work with effects), than all of U2 combined. U2 would probably agree with that. That said, I prefer U2 by miles. That's just a matter of personal taste. When I listen to music, I'm interested in how it affects me, not how musically brilliant it is, and I have found U2 to succeed in that realm very well for me in a way that Rush never have. But Rush are incredible musicians nonetheless.

Yeah, I agree with all of that, and for the same reasons.

I'm sure Bono's hair will be thicker come new album time. If not, just resort to using road kill. He's done it before.

bono-young.jpg

Some people are really bothered by threads like this.
To those people: go and blame U2.
If they don't release a thing in 4 years the only thing we can talk about are those silly topics like Bono's hair, or Adam's shoes.
In fact Bono's hair seem to have gathered 8 pages of posts.
We're just having fun here, we're not desperated or going crazy about Bono's hair getting thinner or Edge's baldness getting worse.
Come on guys, chill out.

Some people are really bothered by threads like this.
To those people: go and blame U2.
If they don't release a thing in 4 years the only thing we can talk about are those silly topics like Bono's hair, or Adam's shoes.
In fact Bono's hair seem to have gathered 8 pages of posts.
We're just having fun here, we're not desperated or going crazy about Bono's hair getting thinner or Edge's baldness getting worse.
Come on guys, chill out.

All of this. Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom