Bono, Edge, Nile Rogers et al doing "Let's Dance"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wish I was there. :heart: It makes me so happy to see them having fun together again. I also love that in the course of this one song Edge goes from ice man to near-funky chicken levels of groove. Now I have to go watch the other vids.

I can totally see them including a snippet of Get Lucky at some point on tour. Mysterious Ways would be a good one.

U2 performs Get Lucky, its an awesome moment.

If U2 had written Get Lucky, they'd be mailing it in and soundng too much like coldplay.

Such is life on interference.

I'm sorry, but no. Get Lucky is the greatest thing since I first joined this message board. You can't go wrong with it, no matter who performs it.

What if Creed performed it?

I'd buy the single in all its formats and hunt the web for any and all remix's that exist. Not even Scott Stapp could ruin this song, my friend. It is above any taint, unlike a certain scott (ball) stapp (sack), if you catch my entirely obvious but exceptionally poorly delivered meaning. :sexywink:

Get Lucky is the greatest thing since I first joined this message board. You can't go wrong with it, no matter who performs it.

Well, you could in a way. Because now I have a child walking around going We're up all night to get lucky, We're up all night to get lucky all day.

U2 performs Get Lucky, its an awesome moment.

If U2 had written Get Lucky, they'd be mailing it in and soundng too much like coldplay.

Such is life on interference.

Woooo someone is feeling too bothered by the black sheep's opinion here.

No, if U2 had written "Get Lucky", they would've sound like a pastiche of any other early 1980's disco or most of 1980's Nile's hits, which is what this song is.

I'd buy the single in all its formats and hunt the web for any and all remix's that exist. Not even Scott Stapp could ruin this song, my friend. It is above any taint, unlike a certain scott (ball) stapp (sack), if you catch my entirely obvious but exceptionally poorly delivered meaning. :sexywink:

:up:

It's probably been mentioned in another thread, they also did Lou Reed's Perfect Day then did Beautiful Day sometime earlier, I think at the actual auction?

It's probably been mentioned in another thread, they also did Lou Reed's Perfect Day then did Beautiful Day sometime earlier, I think at the actual auction?

Yes, Bono with Chris Martin on piano. I haven't found any really good and complete recordings of those two performances yet.

Agreed. I'd take that recording with opun aams!

The video was taken at last nights party after the RED auction for Sotheby's in New York. Don't be too hard on them, just a couple of pals having a lot of fun on stage :wink: I think it's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdazlH9_iKY

Wow, Bono singing "you could look into my eyes" at 3:50 reminds me of ISHFWILF studio version...that tone :drool:

Not sure how I feel about that "Get Lucky" performance...

Well, you could in a way. Because now I have a child walking around going We're up all night to get lucky, We're up all night to get lucky all day.

yep, i remember it being pretty awkward when Lady Marmalade was getting a lot of air play and my 3-year-old was learning French :doh:

Back
Top Bottom