Best B-Side/Non-Album Track?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarvio

War Child
Singles not included.

My vote goes to "Disappearing Act". I have recently downloaded all of U2's non-album tracks (excluding covers), and this song was the clear highlight for me. How did this not make TUF album? And yet MLK did??

Honourable mention to "Rise Up".

North and South of the River

Room at the Heartbreak Hotel

And I have a soft spot for the bridge in Native Son. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I agree with the above post, Treasure is out of this world good.

TuF and TjT had loads of great b-sides, could have made a truly great U2 album out of them. Highlights would be Luminous Times, Love comes Tumbling, bass Trap, Spanish eyes, deep In The Heart.

Salome and Lady With The Spinning Head were highlights from the 90s, but after that there weren't many classics.

My two favourites though came out of the re-issues, Oh Berlin and Disappearing Act, theyre now 2 of my all time top U2 tracks.

Big fan of Invisible these days...

Sweetest Thing has a lot of great stuff going on too.

Big fan of Invisible these days...

Sweetest Thing has a lot of great stuff going on too.

Invisible is good, but, can we leave singles out of this? Because they would obviously get all the votes. This is more to do with forgotten tracks/b-sides etc.

Lady with the Spinning Head is a kickass B-Side.
I'm also going to take the liberty of counting SOI Bonus Tracks as B-Sides so I can throw a bone to Lucifer's Hands & Crystal Ballroom.

EDIT: Also North and South of the River.

Invisible is good, but, can we leave singles out of this? Because they would obviously get all the votes. This is more to do with forgotten tracks/b-sides etc.

ah, I missed that you were looking for feedback on non singles..

In that case...

Stateless
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
Xanax and Wine
Alex Descends Into Hell For a Bottle of Milk/Korova 1
I'm Not Your Baby

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

It depends on how I'm feeling, much like a lot of U2's work. At any given time it's one of the following:

Your Blue Room
Crystal Ballroom
I'm Not Your Baby
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
Salome
Spanish Eyes
Stateless

My vote goes to "Disappearing Act". I have recently downloaded all of U2's non-album tracks (excluding covers), and this song was the clear highlight for me. How did this not make TUF album? And yet MLK did??

Disappearing Act's vocals and melody were only added in the last few years, when the TUF reissue was released. It was only an instrumental in 1984.

Back
Top Bottom