atu2 poll: 40% of U2 fans are idiots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some fans view the world through Bono-colored glasses.

It's a very Bono, Bono, Bono, Bono, Bono, Bono, Bono, Bono, Bono, Bono World.

(was that enough Bonos?)

Adam Clayton is part of the 60% that knows not to trust BonerTheLiar when it comes to new album news.

Of course, for that 40%, is does make a kind of sense for them. It's the flipside of the apologist mantra we continually see on Interference. If Bono didn't publicly say it, where it can be quoted, then he never could have ever thought something like it in his life. So it would be natural that everything he does say is gospel truth to them.

The funny thing is the most trusted U2 member is the one that speaks the least about new U2 music.

AtU2 sounds like a very boring place. I think we have more fun than they did, the cesspool of EYKIW be damned.

Interference is more entertaining, whichever way you put it. So I agree.

Steved1998 said:
I don't know who that is but cheers, Captain 44k :up::up:

Closer to 45k, really

Vlad n U 2 said:
Interference is more entertaining, whichever way you put it. So I agree.

I will say that atu2 has a far, far less embarrassing main website than Interference's. That's it though, and it still isn't half as useful as U2start, U2gigs or U2wanderer.

I like @u2 and think they do a great service for U2 fans, always up to date with news and such, but on the other side they are sending out far too many e-mails with stuff that isn't exactly interesting. I don't care for all these polls, questions, OTH columns and such. I want to receive U2 news and stay informed, everything else is, at least for me, a waste of time.

And the forums here are usually faster and more reliable when it comes to U2 news.

AtU2 sounds like a very boring place. I think we have more fun than they did, the cesspool of EYKIW be damned.

Spent maybe 100 posts around @U2.

Needless to say, it wasn't very exciting. People are nice there though... but certainly not that fun of a place to post.

And the forums here are usually faster and more reliable when it comes to U2 news.

This place is by far the fastest for news. Specifically new album news.
Both times we had 'beach clips' it took the internetz 2-3 days to catch up.
That's the main reason I still hang here. You don't miss anything related to new U2 music in this place.

That said, this place is often a cesspool because of the combination of the paucity of musical IQ and annoying cliquish behavior. Be it this EYKIW forum or the B&C forum, which is just as bad as this subforum but likes to pretend it isn't, which actually makes it more unbearable.

That said, this place is often a cesspool because of the combination of the paucity of musical IQ and annoying cliquish behavior. Be it this EYKIW forum or the B&C forum, which is just as bad as this subforum but likes to pretend it isn't, which actually makes it more unbearable.
That's why I don't really feel comfortable here. I do like this forum, but I'm afraid to talk to people. Not trying to sound insulting towards the posters here, just saying.

This is among the most clique-driven websites I've ever been on. The good thing is that there's like 15 of them, so there are no shortage of opportunities to talk to people. Join a chat thread or five and soon you'll feel right at home, but probably no sooner than that. I feel sorry for newbies that have to wade through pages of regurgitated inside jokes to find anything useful, but oh well. I have fun here, and personally, I consider that to be all that matters. If I stop having fun, I'll go somewhere else. Not atu2 though.

I will say that atu2 has a far, far less embarrassing main website than Interference's. That's it though, and it still isn't half as useful as U2start, U2gigs or U2wanderer.
god yes. i miss the days where interference.com actually had some content. even the lyrics are gone now when there was that big scare about universal shutting down sites. the scare's long gone but the lyrics, tabs, etc. still aren't back.

This is among the most clique-driven websites I've ever been on.
says the person in a click. :tsk: :wink:

god yes. i miss the days where interference.com actually had some content. even the lyrics are gone now when there was that big scare about universal shutting down sites. the scare's long gone but the lyrics, tabs, etc. still aren't back.

You're an administrator - would it be possible for you to put a word in? I bet members here would be willing to help supply content, and it would probably draw more new members in.

This is among the most clique-driven websites I've ever been on. The good thing is that there's like 15 of them, so there are no shortage of opportunities to talk to people. Join a chat thread or five and soon you'll feel right at home, but probably no sooner than that. I feel sorry for newbies that have to wade through pages of regurgitated inside jokes to find anything useful, but oh well. I have fun here, and personally, I consider that to be all that matters. If I stop having fun, I'll go somewhere else. Not atu2 though.

Eh, it's not really that big of a deal, it's just annoying at times. Especially in the U2 forums and specifically when we've finally stumbled into a decent discussion, even if it is usually critical about U2.

I've belonged to many forums. There are cliques in all of them but it is especially annoying here for some reason. That said, I did like OG Shuttlecock which was created for those of us 'in the know', so it was exclusive at its inception. Like...the first 4 or 5 threads before it got sent into oblivion. It's still alive, from what I understand, in some kind of bastardized form.

I wouldn't mind if it were only wading through nonsense. You get plenty of that everywhere. Including in the new album forum - where any musical talk is bad if it includes Radiohead or Pearl Jam (because of the risk of negative comparison to U2) but otherwise, (according to the people bothered by that talk) you can make countless post after countless post of sheer stupidity and all is well. And that's just the thing, it's not the nonsense itself, it's the hypocrisy in demanding that things suddenly need to stay on the U2 topic. Whereas time wasting funny emoticon #4,815 is fine and dandy.

And these are mostly when the conversations finally get interesting. I think it's because there are a fair amount of us that come here to stimulate our brains in other ways besides the jokes. And the jokes are fine...but without some substance to go along with it, it just becomes annoying. And by the way El, my previous comment about B&C obviously has several exceptions including you and Laz and popmofo and some others.

This place can be very cliquish...dare I say, hiveish, and downright vicious a lot of the times.

I remember when I first joined I innocently made a casual observation that the press release announcing the Achtung Baby reissue made no mention of a remaster. I speculated (accurately, as it turns out), that this was probably a pretty good clue that there was not going to be a remaster, at least in the way the other releases were remastered, and that at most they'd make it louder.

What followed was a vicious, pack like attack on me by a number of long-time members here who basically called me an idiot for even suggesting that U2 wouldn't do a full remaster of AB. Naturally as someone only interested in peace and civil dialogue, always kept my responses fact-based and polite. Nonetheless, the personal attacks, name calling and wishes for my untimely demise from many on here continued for months and I multiple threads. So that was my "welcome" to Interference.

Curiously, after the record was released and it was not, in fact, a remaster, most of these people either stopped talking about it or engaged in embarrassing attempts to redefine what they said or what the definition of "remaster" is. Some people even commented that Edge was wrong when he said the record wasn't remastered. And, of course, the personal attacks continued by people who couldn't begin to admit they were wrong. By the time it was all over, if I recall correctly there were even a few bannings and suspensions out of the whole thing.

Having said that, while @U2 is probably a little more polite, and a more attractive website, this place is certainly a lot more entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom