Are You Gonna Wait Forever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure it's ready for album in its current form, but I enjoy listening to it...I was thinking this was the demo version of Wild Horses for some reason...does anybody know what the early version of Wild Horses is called? It just has Bono whispering sort of, trying to find a melody over the music....

Not sure it's ready for album in its current form, but I enjoy listening to it...I was thinking this was the demo version of Wild Horses for some reason...does anybody know what the early version of Wild Horses is called? It just has Bono whispering sort of, trying to find a melody over the music....

I think that was Morning Child from the Salome tapes. :up:

I wore this song and Vertigo out back when Bomb came out....it really got me pumped for the new stuff. I will always have vivid memories of listening to this song for the first time.

Love this tune. I would rather had this on BOMB than "AMAAW". I think (not sure though) "AYGWF?" might have been recorded during ATYCLB. I'm pretty sure it was produced by Eno/Lanois.

Edit-I see that previous posters confirmed my thoughts that it was recorded during the ATYCLB sessions.

I like it a lot :rockon:, there's a lot of Bomb area material that really could have made it more cohesive and rocking.

Don't say goodbye is some of an early version of Who's gonna ride your wild horses in some ways I think....You might recognize some drum parts.

Mmm, I'm surprised at all the love for this song. Criticisms: mildly grating chorus, "interesting" lyrics, guitar sounds like those Futureshop commercials. That's all I got, though. :happy:

This song just came on during "shuffle" mode... first time in a long time I've heard it. It's a little throwaway cut, but for some reason, the lightness in the song makes me smile. There's a few good lines of lyrics too...

Do U like the track? Hate it? Discuss.

Wish they had fleshed it out more.

It could have worked better than many album cuts that made ATYCLB, Bomb, or Horizon.

I see where you're coming from but I respectfully disagree with that. Would have loved to have seen it on the album, not sure WHAT track i would replace with it, but there are a few on there i found really naff and Are You Gonna Wait Forever? would have been in their place ;)

Just listened to it a few times. I hadn't heard it before. But I'm glad they kept it as a b-side. Nothing special.

Back
Top Bottom