Announcing the WBWC U2 Marathon Thursday September 3rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marython

Babyface
Hello Hello,
Greetings from Cleveland and from Mary Cipriani, the co-host of the U2 Marathon on WBWC. Todd Richards and I will be back for yet another special U2 broadcast day on Thursday September 3rd, starting at 7am (USA Eastern timezone) and running non-stop for 18 straight hours.

The various U2 fan websites probably won't post any stories about the marathon until the week of the event (because otherwise it'll scroll off the main page and people will forgot about it), so I decided to post some early info here in the online chat to announce the event and try to answer any questions you might have too. (This is my first posting here, so hopefully I’ve done it correctly!)

If you've listened online to this broadcast event before, you know what it's all about! If you haven't heard of this before....
WBWC is a commercial-free student-operated college radio station at Baldwin Wallace College in Berea, Ohio, and we have held these artist marathon events each Thursday in summer for the last 27 years. This will be the 10th U2 Marathon that I've co-hosted at WBWC! This 18 hour event focuses exclusively on one band during the broadcast day, and will feature their entire catalog, including b-sides, live recordings, remixes and rare tracks. No song is too rare or obscure for us too play! Previous marathons have featured exclusive interviews with Willie Williams, Joe O'Herlihy, Rocko Reedy, Neil McCormick and others - tune in to hear this year's special guests!

Requests can be emailed to: request@wbwc.com (include subject of "U2 Marathon") or call our Request Line the day of the marathon at 440-826-7846 or you can submit a request using the online form posted at www.wbwc.com Fans outside of the Greater Cleveland area, can listen in via streaming audio. WBWC.Com audio requires RealPlayer 8 or RealOne to listen, which can be downloaded free from - www.real.com/player/ Once you've installed the Real software on your computer, click on "Listen Now" from the station's home page www.wbwc.com You might want to install the Real software and test your connection before the event to make sure you can listen to us online.

We'll have an online listening party thread in U2.Com's Zootopia on the 3rd. Join in the fun and send us your requests!

I listen to this every year even though I have heard all of the songs they play some nice rare stuff that even some people here may have not heard before.

Hello Hello,
Todd & I are getting ready for the U2 Marathon this Thursday. I wanted to let you know that we'll be posting the U2 Marathon playlist online and you can follow our tweets on this site - WBWC U2 Marathon (U2Marathon) on Twitter

Maybe I should say, we'll attempt to post, because I'm new to Twittering and not 100% certain that we'll be able to get it to work properly, but we'll give it a try.

Also, for those of you who've had questions regarding technical issues connecting to the online audio stream, you may need to adjust your preference settings to establish the connection. You can search the Real online support database for troubleshooting assistance - Real Customer Support

boomcha_comp.gif

Back
Top Bottom