1986-1998 "Human Rights Concerts"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sue4u2

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Human Rights Concerts | Amnesty International USA

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...e-center-stage-on-massive-new-concert-dvd-set

Human Rights Concerts

Amnesty International's "Human Rights Concerts" series toured the world promoting human rights from 1986-1998.

These concerts spanned 12 years, featuring musicians such as Sting, The Police, Peter Gabriel, U2, Bruce Springsteen, Bono, Joan Baez, and many others. More than 1,250,000 people around the world attended these concerts in person, and millions more watched on television.

The films of all the Human Rights Concerts have been digitally restored and are to be released in 2013 in DVD, audio and digital formats. Three of the four films have never been available in any format since their one-time-only airing on TV.

The complete concert set will be released on a 6-disc DVD box-set in the US and Canada on November 5, 2013. The title of the box-set is "¡RELEASED!"

:hyper:

Last edited:
Well that's a nice surprise. Those were great shows, and AFAIK, the U2 performances were only available via bootleg until now. Very cool.

On audio, three songs (MLK/Pride & SBS) were released earlier this year on the highlights compilation Get Up! Stand Up!
Get Up! Stand Up!: Amazon.co.uk: Music

And video from their performance at Giants Stadium is part of the super deluxe edition of the remaster of The Unforgettable Fire.

Obviously the compilation got released today (5 November) in the US. Does anyone know where people in Europe can order the box set? I can't find any information on Amazon or any other site on the internet about the various formats. All I can find are single cd's with individual concerts, but nothing about the box set. It'd be interesting to know if there is a way to order the 4 CD and/or the 6 (?) DVD set. It's expensive and all, but Christmas is coming up ...

I also see they snippeted Old Macdonald Had a Farm during a cover of Maggie's Farm. I wonder how that went down.

The Old MacDonald snippet is from the Self-Aid performance, which was available on the "Live For Ireland" CD, but I believe is now out of print. He does snippet Cold Turkey on the Conspiracy of Hope version, but not Old MacDonald.

Sorry, Cobbler. :nerd:

Obviously the compilation got released today (5 November) in the US. Does anyone know where people in Europe can order the box set? I can't find any information on Amazon or any other site on the internet about the various formats. All I can find are single cd's with individual concerts, but nothing about the box set. It'd be interesting to know if there is a way to order the 4 CD and/or the 6 (?) DVD set. It's expensive and all, but Christmas is coming up ...

DVD set:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/iReleased-H...d=1383671610&sr=8-1&keywords=released+amnesty

CD set:
Human Rights Concerts 1986-1998: Amazon.co.uk: Music

The individual concert CDs are more complete than the CD set, obviously.

Thanks for the links, but that's exactly what I found irritating because this seems to be a 2 CD set and not the 4 CD set Amnesty is promoting on its website. I'm a bit surprised that there isn't a way to order the whole compilation as a box set. Amazon Germany only seems to have two of the four CD's. :hmm:

I just got my copy in the mail today! It looks like the 86 show is from Giants Stadium on 6/15. Looking forward to watching the concert especially since I attended the show. Brings back a lot of great memories. I do wish they included footage from the other shows from that tour.

The extra bonus material also looks interesting!

Just came across this-thought I'd share if it hasn't already been posted. MoMA in NYC is premiering two films that highlight the concerts on Tuesday, December 10th.
The Human Rights Concerts

The Museum of Modern Art in Manhattan will present the New York Premieres of ¡RELEASED! - a new 93-minute film of highlights from the concerts and LIGHT A CANDLE! - the 40-minute documentary about the history of the series. The MoMA Premiere takes place on International Human Rights Day - that this year commemorates the 65th anniversary of the signing of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Also~a link to the Huffington Post. I love the video that accompanies the article with compilation footage from many of the shows.
Amnesty International Video Features U2, Sting, Bruce Springsteen & More In Never Before Seen Footage (VIDEO)

Back
Top Bottom