U2 at the BBC (Radio 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, crashed my player a few times, the video was choppy, and some other song plays over the first minute or two of it.

How is "wanker" a bad word?? I listened to Jo Whiley and the whole thing sounds blown out of proportion, amazingly, considering he used "wanker" and "cretin" to describe Chris Martin. She was joking along and so was Bono, who apologised anyway. Crap journalists trying to make a buck out of a nothing story.

Bono was taking the piss out of Martin anyway. He did go on to say he's a great melodist, has a great soul, is in a great band, and spent New Years with him.

Yeah, crashed my player a few times, the video was choppy, and some other song plays over the first minute or two of it.

The capture didn't work out as well as I expected. The audio was unaffected and this is what we all heard as we watched it live. Hopefully someone else managed to capture the webcast better than I did.

The audio for the first performance of Magnificent is to be broadcast sometime next week on Zane Lowe's show.

Magnificent Video:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.ja...agnificent.flv

can someone fill in the blanks? where the ...'s are?

This file is no longer on my site. Use the send space link.

The mods should change this forum's name again to Where the Album Has a Name - No Line on the Horizon: Sponsored by BBC. :drool:

Just getting around to listening now... WOW. Boots is finally approaching its full potential.

Wanker is a bad word????

two definitions:

a bloke who whacks off alot.

A complete tosser. Someone who makes
as little effort as they can possibly
get away with.

It's used in Canada but not as much as in the UK. It could be comparable to how the '_unt' word is more acceptable in the UK than here. Canada is a real mixture of UK and US slang but can lean towards the UK, especially as of lately.

I'm from the UK and maybe I've been away for too long but I'd put wanker down to 5 or 6 on the "bad word" list.

re; the word Wanker? I never hear it used over here unlike back home... but it was in the POPMART era Simpsons episode, Adam uses it and then Mr Burns does on the plane at the end.

Trash of the Titans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^ see last paragraph 'controversy'

It's more a petty kind of insult rather than say the colourful F 'n C words.

U2simpsons.png

It's used in Canada but not as much as in the UK. It could be comparable to how the '_unt' word is more acceptable in the UK than here. Canada is a real mixture of UK and US slang but can lean towards the UK, especially as of lately.

I'm from the UK and maybe I've been away for too long but I'd put wanker down to 5 or 6 on the "bad word" list.

Id say cunt and wanker are 2 of the worst personally, but I spose the amount of times they're used numbs the effect somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom