Pleban Girl/Guy Party....A U2 Celebration (for 4th of July and CD)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I taped the whole of the London Live8 continuous&can't believe you were all getting silly ads in between - That's terrible!! :( :madspit:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Awww, what's up Bonogal? Cold? :hug:

Nah, i'm not cold (but wouldnt say no to being wamed up :wink:)

This Live8 thing, everything to do with it makes me get a boost of determintion and then i just get sad!!

It's crazy but I know a lot of the people in that crowd were only there for the music even, and thats a harsh reality.

I had a massive *debate* with my dad earlier on, he said that he doesnt beleive that Live8 will make a difference and he sat and watched it because U2 and Pink Floyd were on. And I went nuts! I just went mad at him, because I just felt like the only person in my family watching live8 and thinking about how to change Africa.

He said to me....
"Here ya go then....how come you had to text to get tickets but David Beckham can stroll in anytime he likes? Go on, answer that, thats corruption and thats whats wrong with the whole Live8 thing. I'm not giving to this, I dont beleive that it even gets to Africa, so no I wont donate donate donate I wont do it. Dont get me wrong, I love Bono, his music is amazing but I'd like to ask him why. I'd love to sit with Sir Bob Fucking Geldof and ask him why? whywhywhy(loads of other questions) because its wrong. its wrong beck, its fuckin wrong and it takes somebody not to be a sheep and follow the leader, it takes someone to have the bottle to ask"

^ that was the one time my dad has ever actually talked to me as if i could make a difference.

All I could say back was..
"Yeah, its wrong. David Beckham shouldve had to have text like everyone else, but thats the power of celebrity, that can be dealt with, I dont care about that, because i dont care about the concert, i care about the G8 summit, and i care alot about it. But, if your so concerned about a poxy celebritygetting into a gig, and you attack all those involved and you want to ask why. then ask. Go on, like you said get on the phone and say how come this and how come that...and see who follows the leader."

His response..
"He wouldnt answer, because he stands alongside George Bush when it suits him"

Mine..
"Did you notice? Did you see him? Did it make you aware? yes, yes and yes it did. If you dont ask then you'll never know so why not stop watching this lot on a TV screen and go and ask, if your so concerned!! If I could then yeh id be first in line!"

His response...
"I hope you get there, right now, im just gonna watch history"

Mine..
"Exactly, because thats all most of you care about Live8, not the G8. And as for donating money, pay attention to the history youre watching.......we dont want your money...we want YOU! and you wont even give that."
Clicks fingers in 3seconds...
"Theres your reason to do whatever you can"
Clicks fingers
and walks out.

Sorry just had to get that out. I got so wound up at seeing that video, you wouldnt beleive my reaction!

*rant over*

VintagePunk said:

6???? Silly girl. :wink

:| Trust me....not on purpose. I couldn't get back to sleep.......I don't even know why I woke up!

If all else fails, I have it all on tape and will get it to you somehow. :

:hug: :hug
A clandestine Ikea meeting......and I'd love you forever :love:

Susan, he's done so much work...I thought it really fitting that he open. I don't think I've ever been prouder of him and the other guys than I was this morning. I'm grounded in reality enough to know that my B dreams are just that - dreams. But this morning showed that if there were ever anyone worthy of that worship, it's him. :heart: :love:
:yes: 100% :heart:

I'm gonna be watching the G8 meetings like a hawk. If those world leaders fuck up this week, they'll have me to deal with. :mad :

You too? :giggle:

PS. U2 supposed to be coming up....

Sus - Yeah, tons of ads. And they're cutting the performers off before the end of the song. And they're stoppign the highlight show at 10 pm. *sighs* Very disappointing.

VP - Can I get the U2 bits then? And if you happen to get Green Day bits on your highlights feed? Cause this highlights feed is :censored:

Can i just say that my immediate reaction to your dad, Becky is that just cos David Beckham has been allowed in, as is always the case for any priveledged celebs, that desn't affect what Bob Geldof&everyone can help to achieve in Africa! He is deadly serious about getting things done, and he&Bono have proved their commitment to this emergency!

I know a lot of jokes are made about B having a messiah complex..and he even makes them himself..

But if there were ever a human being that deserved that...or sainthood? Him easily.

Another thing, since i seem to be on a soapbox...

This was sort of advertised as Geldof's day, and that's cool and all...he is the reason B got involved, after all.

But I wish that more people (other than us, the hardcore fans) that this would not have happened....this issue would not even be a G8 issue...had it not been for the work that B has done for several years now. The man only sleeps 4 hours a night, for the love of God...this has been his life's work for many, many years. I doubt Geldof has been that involved.

susanp6 said:
Can i just say that my immediate reaction to your dad, Becky is that just cos David Beckham has been allowed in, as is always the case for any priveledged celebs, that desn't affect what Bob Geldof&everyone can help to achieve in Africa! He is deadly serious about getting things done, and he&Bono have proved their commitment to this emergency!

He thinks the whole thing is corrupt.

I agree with him on one level though..

He beleives that there is one way to get the corrupt governments out. And thats invasion beacsuse twenty years to feed the world is taking the piss. So, Tony&George should do what they did about 3years ago and say enough is enough, get the monster out. They got rid of Saddam. But, even that was corrupt! Because from day1 i knew all george bush was after was oil.

So wouldnt it be nice, knowing that there is nothing in it for the western world apart form helping out a helpless continent.

Again.....life is but a dream eh?

I really feel sorry for the people watching in America, cos we had it on the BBC&they had all the backstage interviews&chatting with our tv presenters over herer&it was all so fun!

Bri - Are you talking about U2 being at the G8 summit? I've read that he is more than likely going to be allowed into the summit as is Bob Geldof, but i don't think it includes the rest of U2!

I know for definite that B is also going to be at our Live8 concert in Edinburgh, but i thought it might be really dodgy to be there on Wednesday cos i'd be convinced i wouldn't get home&that i'd be stranded and miss the last train! This is me just talking about the idea of somehow meeting him coming out of the venue or his hotel as well, tho' it could even be possible for him to be at a hotel here in Glasgow, since there are a lot of people who are attending the summit who are doing just that!!!

Hey Sg. *hugs SG* :bow:

They've chopped the Us version up badly. It's really sucking. My dad came in and saw The WHo and Sting and said they shouldn't be up there. Said if you can't sing not to. *sighs*

Gotcha now VP! Did he swear at that part really? Maybe i was drooling that much i barely heard!!!! :drool: :drool:

Did any of you see Bare naked Ladies? I haven't seen anything of them!! But i am watching more of the stuff from abroad now!

Is it me, or does it totatlly cheapen Live 8 to show iPod, pizza, and car commercials? I know they've got to pay the bills like anyone else but... *shrugs* Maybe I'm being over sensitive.

VintagePunk said:

Cause we rock? :wink:

If it's any consolation, they cut off One just now....but I have the entire thing from 9 this morning. :) :) :)

:rockon: Thats very cool. :sigh: Still sucks that American television has given it so little attention

I loved what I did see, though, just the one song with U2 and Paul McCartney. :yes: I was way too excited about that :giggle:

Wouldn't know anything about them playing commercials, Cindy as we've had it all uninterrupted, luckily! :love: :D

Does anyone know if DG is ok? :(

Ok, it's now coming onto 25 to 3, so I think that I should be heading off to bed.

Thanks for letting me rant about Africa :hug:
I care about that feckin continent so much!
But, seriously, three things i talk about a lot....Africa, U2 and Music. I havent got a sixteenth of the wealth that any of the celebs have, lol just an ordinary gal, in a ordinary town with not much goin on.....until you get to the city!! I even tried to get to Edinburgh, but no one would go with me, from that i said fuck yas then ill go on me own!! (im a determined lil shite arent i! Edinburgh by myself, what chance?) So off's ya pop i went down to all charities sayin yeh i wanna go to Edinburgh, but they were like :shame: too young. so i said...yeh there too young to die! *walked out*

So I'm not gonna get to Scotland but, my leavers party is on the 7th, so class of 2005 is gonna get some shit off me!!

Thanks again girls! Can always rely on you!

Sweet (or naughty) bono dreams all!
And Hi SG!! :hyper:

Must run now girls
nitey nite xx :hug: xx

Back
Top Bottom