PGP: We're On The Bus and.. uh oh, are we going to THAT Place?!?! LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the creative juices flowing today. There's something about that that makes me feel incredibly clever.

Got the creative juices flowing today. There's something about that that makes me feel incredibly clever.

:up:

glad to hear it!

off to the apple store again. Maybe this time I'll just throw my ipod through that giant glass storefront :banghead:

:lol:

They should give you a bunch of free ones to make up for all the trouble yours gives you.

For Jem and Wild:

u2band3.png

I saw this picture and immediately thought of you guys :shifty:

:drool:

The elevator pic was from when they did some radio spot in England, they were on the way up to do an interview.

The Radio 1 session Feb 2009, the day of the London rooftop gig that we went to :drool:

We were outside freezing our butts off, could of invited us in :angry:

I love the looks on Edge and Larry's faces in that pic. And Adam. Whatever madness is going on that's clearly worrying Edge, and Adam's filming it with his little Flip camera. :lol:

I was watching Sleepers yesterday and every time I see Kevin Bacon in a film, I can't get over how much he and Larry look alike. Kevin even had a version of the Vertigo grease mullet in this one. Yeah. Then I remembered what Kevin Bacon does in that movie and :panic: I need an adult! I need an adult! And brain bleach! Turn if off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!!! :scream:

Just a movie. Kevin Bacon is not Larry Mullen. But tell that to my overactive imagination.

I reckon Adam farted :lmao:

That would explain the look of "Eww" on Bono's face. And why Larry's standing in the way of the elevator door. They don't wanna get trapped in there with that for however many floors up it is.

I was watching Sleepers yesterday and every time I see Kevin Bacon in a film, I can't get over how much he and Larry look alike. Kevin even had a version of the Vertigo grease mullet in this one. Yeah. Then I remembered what Kevin Bacon does in that movie and :panic: I need an adult! I need an adult! And brain bleach! Turn if off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!!! :scream:

Just a movie. Kevin Bacon is not Larry Mullen. But tell that to my overactive imagination.

I've never seen more than a vague resemblance between the two. But maybe I'm just too "attached" to LMJ, you know? Now the Bono/Robin Williams thing I see all the time!

I had a bit of a U2 dream too, except it was just 50 people in a small venue, being a test-audience... Edge asked us what we thought of the place as a venue and we all gave it two thumbs up. lol: They had all their techs and sound/lighting guys with them behind this long table, and we were all standing/sitting against one wall which had squashy sort of chairs on it like in a restaurant.
Then there was something about how chocolate companies are evil and we should all buy Fair Trade chocolate... I blame the easter egg I was eating before bed. :reject:

LOL

I fairly often have dreams of looking to find U2 in a little club in way Lower Manhattan.
It's NOT CBGB's.
But I believe it's based on The Mudd Club (while not looking like the Mudd Club :lol:) ......
...... which was a small out of the way on a tiny squeezed in between street that's in Chinatown.
Sometimes I find them :love:, sometimes the club is closed:angry:, sometimes I can't quite find the club:sad:, and sometimes the tickets are on sale!:hyper:

I heard U2 had played there !!!! which drives me nuts b/c
I used to go to it fora few years before they played there!
But i didn't know they were there then (later on).

I got a copy of Bass Guitar for Dummies. I took a look at the bit where you have to learn to understand music notation and ran away. :reject:

:( :hug:
aaawww maybe you'll try again sometime.

I learned to read music both bass cleft for viola one year and then ?treble clef the next year- clarinet back in the mid -60's.
Since i never used the skills again they went "POOF" after so long. Every once in a great while I say I'm going to relearn, but so far have never really done it.

The one thing is I do have a "good ear" even if I don't hear the best. I can pick out most of the notes in a melody and play them.

Wow, cool! Was he talking about how things were in South Africa? Or did that happen afterwards... *confused about recent history*

He was talking about Apartheid South Africa & Steven Biko , some of how he changed more on Apartheid once he met Biko, how he escaped etc. What I can't remember IS whether his talk was before Mandela was freed or after!:reject:
I even met somebody later on through one of my cousin's who WAS THERE in South Africa the day Mandela was inaugurated!

The Blue Crack moves in mysterious ways... !

:yikes: i guess so!!! :lol:

I've never seen more than a vague resemblance between the two. But maybe I'm just too "attached" to LMJ, you know? Now the Bono/Robin Williams thing I see all the time!

that happened for a while w me, but now i didn't see it any more.

I believe the U2 cartoonist artist from @u2 did a part of a piece-- it may have been her drawing the band series :)lmao:) -- where she has a B&W water color KB next to a B&W watercolor of Larry.

nobody seems to be able to tell me what's wrong with my ipod :scream:
I'm gonna try to load my library onto my husband's or my friend's and if that works I'm just gonna have to buy a new ipod. If it doesn't work I have to bring my whole stupid desktop computer into the apple store. But I don't know if I can do this before vacation. :banghead:

Oh, I just amused the hell out of myself. I had to show an example of how one of our processes work and for the example, I used Frank Wright, Michael Pritchard and Will Armstrong. Also know as Tre Cool, Mike Dirnt and Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day. Maybe for my next one, I'll use Dave Evans, Paul Hewson, Adam Clayton and Lawrence Mullen. :laugh:

*easily entertained*

Yes, and if any of my leaders spot that I'm a Green Day fan, they get cookies.

Z, wanna see what my creative juices made this morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom