PGP: U2 Dry Spells Suck HARD :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to it!! I never look at spoilers, as I never like to know what happens, but I did see pictures of Blair in her wedding dress. However, on that show, just because she's in a wedding dress doesn't mean she's actually going to get married. :wink: Hopefully.

I'm doing okay. Last night wasn't the greatest - I had a bit of a breakdown/cry-fest about trying to find a job. I haven't had an interview in almost 2 months, and I'm pretty discouraged at the moment. It's hard to be positive when my bank account is dwindling down to nothing. I desperately need to find a job very soon. :sigh: Everyone keeps saying that there's something good out there, and I'm trying to believe that, but I'm not feeling optimistic right now. Bleagh. Whatever. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. It's difficult at the moment, but I'll pull through.

So true. Just cause you see it does not mean it is reality in that show. :wink:

Awww. :( Sorry to hear that. I think the job market is hard in most places right now. Will keep everything crossed for you. Hope something comes along soon. Is there somewhere you can volunteer maybe once or twice a week or so to keep you busy and it might look good on your C.V. and might provide networking opportunities? :hug:

OH MY GOD!!! I would die surrounded by Irish accents.:combust: When Brian was talking to me in Toronto I'd have been dead on the floor if I wasn't leaning on the rail/had hold of the back of his head so I could lean into him to shout in his ear. :shifty::lol:

Hope to god that neither him nor anyone else from Principle reads this. :lmao:

:uhoh:

:wink:

*fans self and GG* :lol:

Yeah just the idea of living there.. having people speak at you with the accent daily... :drool: Oy vey.

Part of me wonders if I would even survive. :lol:

I just turned on Ellen, and they played almost all of Beautiful Day while someone was coming out on stage. :)

So true. Just cause you see it does not mean it is reality in that show. :wink:

Awww. :( Sorry to hear that. I think the job market is hard in most places right now. Will keep everything crossed for you. Hope something comes along soon. Is there somewhere you can volunteer maybe once or twice a week or so to keep you busy and it might look good on your C.V. and might provide networking opportunities? :hug:

Well, we can always hope that she's marrying Chuck. :wink: :love:

Thanks hon. :hug: I'm sure there's someplace I could volunteer at, but I'm trying to devote most of my time looking for actual paying opportunities. All my family/friends and loads of acquaintances know that I'm looking for work, and are sending me info if they come across it, so I do have a lot of people networking on my behalf, which is so wonderful. :)

At least it gives you a bit of income! That helped me when I was between jobs!

If we didn't at least we'd go happy. :lol:

When I went to Dublin when I was 14 I came back with an Irish accent. I wonder if I would pick it up if I lived there. :lmao:

I got that from being there a day. :lol: Some actually thought I was Irish and were shocked that I wasn't even a native English speaker.

I just turned on Ellen, and they played almost all of Beautiful Day while someone was coming out on stage. :)

Well, we can always hope that she's marrying Chuck. :wink: :love:

Thanks hon. :hug: I'm sure there's someplace I could volunteer at, but I'm trying to devote most of my time looking for actual paying opportunities. All my family/friends and loads of acquaintances know that I'm looking for work, and are sending me info if they come across it, so I do have a lot of people networking on my behalf, which is so wonderful. :)

:love: to the music on Ellen.

I've not been hoping that at all. :shifty:

:wink: They need to get together again soon. :waiting:

It was just an idea. :) If there are lots of places to look which are for paying opportunities then you are right. It makes much more sense to look for the paid work. Sounds like you have quite the job hunt army. :up:

If we didn't at least we'd go happy. :lol:

When I went to Dublin when I was 14 I came back with an Irish accent. I wonder if I would pick it up if I lived there. :lmao:

I lived in Ireland for a few months, and when I came back I had a bit of an accent for a little while. I'd definitely picked up a lot of Irish slang words that stuck with me for longer, though. :lol:

At least it gives you a bit of income! That helped me when I was between jobs!

Definitely. I often forget that it's coming, and it will be most welcome. I will be okay. :)

I have applied, and it should hopefully kick in soon, now that my severance is pretty much gone. That will be helpful, and better than making nothing. :)

Glad you will have that to help in the meantime. :hug:

I got that from being there a day. :lol: Some actually thought I was Irish and were shocked that I wasn't even a native English speaker.

:lol: That is hilarious you must pick up accents quick. The receptionist in our hotel was surprised I had picked up the accent. Though I lost it just as quick when I went home. Booo!!! :( :lol:

I lived in Ireland for a few months, and when I came back I had a bit of an accent for a little while. I'd definitely picked up a lot of Irish slang words that stuck with me for longer, though. :lol:

I bet you did. The Irish love their slang. :wink:

I remember you saying you had met some interesting people during your time there. :wink: Sounds like you had a fantastic time. :up:

Glad you will have that to help in the meantime. :hug:

:lol: That is hilarious you must pick up accents quick. The receptionist in our hotel was surprised I had picked up the accent. Though I lost it just as quick when I went home. Booo!!! :( :lol:

I pick up whatever accent people speak around me. Probably because I never had my own accent, or something like that. I'm not sure, probably part of why I pick up lagnuages so quickly. In Brussels I had it too, I spoke Flemish with the baker where I got our huge French stick. :shifty:

:shifty:

Just wait until you make it to Europe. ( UK/Ireland ;) :shifty: ) You will love it. :hug::hug:

Hi!!!!!! :hug::hyper:

I can't wait!!! I have a giant list on my computer of historical places I want to see. When I finally come for my 3 week trip to Ireland/England I'll see them all :hyper:

I'm looking forward to it!! I never look at spoilers, as I never like to know what happens, but I did see pictures of Blair in her wedding dress. However, on that show, just because she's in a wedding dress doesn't mean she's actually going to get married. :wink: Hopefully.

I'm doing okay. Last night wasn't the greatest - I had a bit of a breakdown/cry-fest about trying to find a job. I haven't had an interview in almost 2 months, and I'm pretty discouraged at the moment. It's hard to be positive when my bank account is dwindling down to nothing. I desperately need to find a job very soon. :sigh: Everyone keeps saying that there's something good out there, and I'm trying to believe that, but I'm not feeling optimistic right now. Bleagh. Whatever. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. It's difficult at the moment, but I'll pull through.

*sending interview/job vibes* :hug:

I bet you did. The Irish love their slang. :wink:

I remember you saying you had met some interesting people during your time there. :wink: Sounds like you had a fantastic time. :up:

Oh yeah, I met some CRAZY people. :lol: I was on a school exchange trip doing my sociology minor, so we met everyone from terrorists to the Prime Minister (sometimes in the same day). :lmao: Plus, the regular people we met were awesome as well. I'd LOVE to go back one day - hard to believe that was almost 11 years ago.

I pick up whatever accent people speak around me. Probably because I never had my own accent, or something like that. I'm not sure, probably part of why I pick up lagnuages so quickly. In Brussels I had it too, I spoke Flemish with the baker where I got our huge French stick. :shifty:

The huge French stick. :drool:

:shifty::lol:

I can't wait!!! I have a giant list on my computer of historical places I want to see. When I finally come for my 3 week trip to Ireland/England I'll see them all :hyper:

:hyper::hi5: Even just walking around some of the cities ( York, Liverpool, Chester for a few examples ) you can see the History. :love: And the Lake District is beautiful. You should save a few days to go there. ( And it is near me :shifty: lol )

Oh yeah, I met some CRAZY people. :lol: I was on a school exchange trip doing my sociology minor, so we met everyone from terrorists to the Prime Minister (sometimes in the same day). :lmao: Plus, the regular people we met were awesome as well. I'd LOVE to go back one day - hard to believe that was almost 11 years ago.

It was the terrorists I mostly remembered you mentioning. :lmao: What did your parents think of that? :lol:

Wow 11 years ago. You should come back next tour. :shifty:

:enabling::wink:

:hyper::hi5: Even just walking around some of the cities ( York, Liverpool, Chester for a few examples ) you can see the History. :love: And the Lake District is beautiful. You should save a few days to go there. ( And it is near me :shifty: lol )

There's no way I'd come all the way there and not see you :hug:

It's too bad my plans got pushed back because of money/school this fall but I'll get there eventually.

Don't forget, I'll be there for the Dublin shows for sure :drool: But I'm still planning on coming back to do the sightseeing for a couple weeks.

I remember you talking about the terrorists. That are the kind of stories that kinda tempt me. It's such an interesting country with a rich history!

:shifty: Mine became quite meaty after I had gotten my hands on it.

:wink: Now why do I sense a theme park meeting happening sometime there.

There's no way I'd come all the way there and not see you :hug:

It's too bad my plans got pushed back because of money/school this fall but I'll get there eventually.

Don't forget, I'll be there for the Dublin shows for sure :drool: But I'm still planning on coming back to do the sightseeing for a couple weeks.

I know. :hug:

I know. It will be worth it when you have the job you want. :hug:

Yay!! PGP take Dublin. :rockon::love: I really wanna see the rest of Ireland outside Dublin. It looks so beautiful. :love:

Look forward to your epic history trip too. Will inundate you with suggestions. :wink:

It was the terrorists I mostly remembered you mentioning. :lmao: What did your parents think of that? :lol:

Wow 11 years ago. You should come back next tour. :shifty:

:enabling::wink:

Well, for our safety we couldn't discuss the meeting we'd had (even in private) until we were back in Canada. So I couldn't even tell my parents. They were shocked and freaked out when they eventually found out. :lol: If they'd known that we could have potentially been tortured or killed to find out this man's physical location (he was in hiding at the time), they would have hopped on the next flight to bring me home. :lmao: It's freaky to think about now, but back then I was totally fearless, and it didn't bother me a bit that we had to be so sneaky and secretive about it all. :lol:

I'd really love to! I'm keeping it in mind as a possibility. :)

I remember you talking about the terrorists. That are the kind of stories that kinda tempt me. It's such an interesting country with a rich history!

:shifty: Mine became quite meaty after I had gotten my hands on it.

:wink: Now why do I sense a theme park meeting happening sometime there.

Funny we both remembered the terrorists. :lol:

:lol: I bet it did. :shifty: I think that bread was all we ate all day?? If I remember correctly :lol:

Theme Parks. :drool: I drive past one every dayon my way to work. :shifty::love:

Well, for our safety we couldn't discuss the meeting we'd had (even in private) until we were back in Canada. So I couldn't even tell my parents. They were shocked and freaked out when they eventually found out. :lol: If they'd known that we could have potentially been tortured or killed to find out this man's physical location (he was in hiding at the time), they would have hopped on the next flight to bring me home. :lmao: It's freaky to think about now, but back then I was totally fearless, and it didn't bother me a bit that we had to be so sneaky and secretive about it all. :lol:

I'd really love to! I'm keeping it in mind as a possibility. :)

You probably thought the secretiveness was thrilling at the time. :wink: It's crazy, almost like being part of a film or something. Not surprised your parents freaked. Its certainly an interesting story to tell people though. :lol:

:hyper::up: It will be crazy but fun. :)

You probably thought the secretiveness was thrilling at the time. :wink: It's crazy, almost like being part of a film or something. Not surprised your parents freaked. Its certainly an interesting story to tell people though. :lol:

:hyper::up: It will be crazy but fun. :)

Definitely! I was in my early 20's and overseas for the first time, so I was up for anything exciting. :lol: It's definitely a fun story to tell. :D

I'd love to see all you Brits (and other Europeans) in your own habitat. :wink: If it all works out, I'd probably try to time my Italy trip for that time of year, so I could kill two birds with one stone. I mean, I'd already be over there and Italy isn't too far away, so it would be a shame not to do both. :wink:

Funny we both remembered the terrorists. :lol:

:lol: I bet it did. :shifty: I think that bread was all we ate all day?? If I remember correctly :lol:

Theme Parks. :drool: I drive past one every dayon my way to work. :shifty::love:

Well I guess it was the most interesting story for me. :D

:lol: Oh wow you're right. Though I did have that banana I got from the Dutch guys. :wink:
But yeah, that's why I made my French stick extra meaty. :shifty:

I know :tongue: And I will go there with you some day!

I'd love to see all you Brits (and other Europeans) in your own habitat. :wink: If it all works out, I'd probably try to time my Italy trip for that time of year, so I could kill two birds with one stone. I mean, I'd already be over there and Italy isn't too far away, so it would be a shame not to do both. :wink:

Italy. :drool: Since it would cost a lot for your flight over that is a fantastic idea to combine both. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom