North Star confirmed in Transformers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like they really are ditching RedOne and letting float the leftovers and moving to DM.

I agree. If RedOne worked on North Star, and they dropped RedOne, then its at least possible that they dropped this song too, and ditching it on an action movie at least a year and a half before the next projected album release would seem to support that.
Then again, maybe they're still working on it with danger mouse, hence why they didn't let it be put on the films soundtrack :shrug:

So what I was wondering about was.. why is everyone leaving their email?

The recorded clip from the film is pretty much what is on youtube right? And youtube has decent quality, so why not just check it on youtube. :shrug:

I think it's absolutely gorgeous.

Wait, what? There's a U2 song in that clip?

Eh - can't really tell from that. It does sound like it's about to begin beating you on the head at any second. So, perhaps Bomb-ish, yes. THIS! IS! OH! SO! EMOTIVE! GET! IT! IN! TO! YOU! SO! SINCERE! RIGHT! HERE!

It's very weird to drop a random song on a film like this. Winter was a specially written song that nearly made the album, made for a very good and respectable film by a great director who is also a close friend of the band. It all made perfect sense - and it was a small film, so it wasn't a pure marketing thing either, so that it in the end wasn't on No Line didn't really matter. But you put a song on a shitty film like this ONLY because of it's ability to push said song wide, and thus an album as well. Really, really strange thing to do with a song that has no album, evidently no release. I can't even imagine how that conversation would have gone.

The recorded clip from the film is pretty much what is on youtube right? And youtube has decent quality, so why not just check it on youtube. :shrug:

so i can work with it in my edit room :up:

you guys. when this song is released, i think we'll all think this is as huge and important as Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bad, and Pride but as epic as the entire 90's era.

U2 is clearly in the zone right now! i'm surprised that NBC News with Brian Williams hasn't done a story on this Youtube clip yet, though maybe he's waiting until U2 collaborates on a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.

U2 continues to amaze me with their ability to link their music to such high profile figures. From MLK to Megatron baby!

I can't even imagine how that conversation would have gone.

we go to bono's beach house where Bay is just hanging out listening to beach clips.

p252321-Eze-Bonos_Beach_House.jpg

images

Hey Bono, I am working on a movie that doesn't have a plot but is very very overproduced, do you have any song just kinda hanging out?

images

Well Mikey, we usually write songs for a movie when we are asked about it, but we rarely if ever just give a song away.

images

Can't you make an exception, I mean, I was looking into making Million Dollar Hotel 2.....remember?

images

Right Right, well we do have this song in particular that is over produced like your movies. Chris Thomas had a go with it, then Danny Lanois with Michael W. Smith, then Steve Lillywhite, then Danger Mouse, and finally, RedOne. We played it live to give it some hype for our audience, then decided not to play it anymore. I guess you can have it.

images

You're the best chief- I have a perfect scene for it. I want it in a cheesy love scene. You see the acting is so very poor in it that it needs a song to carry the whole damn thing. You think it will work?

images

Yeah mate, its a sure bet! If I can make 'Spiderman' work, then anything is possible. Now get the hell out of here, I am running out of ideas.

Galeongirl said:

The song apparently appears in the movie twice, so I had the impression that the recorded clip would either have both moments it the one not in the video clip. If it's only what was in the video clip, I don't hear anything that definitely identifies it as North Star.

I don't think that anyone is passing around the emailed clip anymore. I was the 6th person to leave an email address and I never got it, and no one else has indicated that it's been sent to anyone else.

If it does make its way back around again, I'd appreciate a copy:

Utooguy@gmail.com

It has never been passed around in the first place. That's why I tried to stop the constant flood of emailadresses cluttering the thread. :)

The only thing that I can recognize in the clip is the first line of the lyrics.

TheClash253 said:
just got back from the premier... managed to get a recording of north star if anyone is interested. it's beach clip quality though.

ACHTUNGTREE91 said:
yus please :wave: dreamoutloud91@ gmail.com

TheClash253 said:

It looks like it might have been sent to the very first person to respond & that's it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom