No offense to anybody here but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You go grrlll^^:up:

I am an Adam girl to dazzlingAmy. I am happy just being in the same arena.:drool:

Originally posted by BonosBaby12

I think it comes down to greediness that some fans are showing. Not to sound all goody or anything but isn't U2 supposed to bring fans together? Personally I have made a few friends on here which I think is cool. Great feeling to share a love of a band so much with someone else! The fightning,the greed,name calling and all of that does ruin it some though.

whats ironic about this post is that is exactly what the flag thing on 12/04 was about yet it's been a point of heated discussion regarding the "selfishness" of some fans (see daygloeyes story for example)

i was one of the flag bearers and the whole idea was for it to be some sort of way for us to express the diversity amongst us and how one thing, u2, has bought these 15 different people from all over (11 nationalities in all) together.
I hoped at least that the band would recognise what we were trying to show and that the gesture would be seen by them as a Thank You from ourselves - i've got to know some pretty amazing people through this band, in particular those in Boston who i got to share this incredible experience with, and it is U2 alone that i have to thank for that.

what was special to us was that everyone in our merry group of travellers was up there (apart from one or two who by their own choice didn't get up). sure there were a few people who got up who weren't part of the gesture we were making which Bono responded to, but who cares - what was important was that we, as a group of friends, were all there and whoever else tagged along and got up also is totally irrelevent, it in no way takes away from my experience. if anything having the Zootopian with her banner up there as well just added to the whole thing.

but, and this is a big but, the moaning and bitching that happened afterwards pissed me off no end. bitching that you didn't get on stage when you clearly had nothing to do with the gesture in the first place?! wtf?
i really don't mind other people having been up there with us - the more the merrier - but i do mind people moaning that they didn't get up like it was their right.

and as for blocking people places when we tried to get back in the ellipse? how is that appropriate?
the problem was that we walked back in through the side of the stage and weren't put back in our place. when Bono pulls a girl or guy up on stage and they drop them back in the crowd, do people not normally let them back in where they came from or are you all just gonna stand there with your arms folded in front of Bono and refuse to let them back in. It doesn't work like that, its rude and impolite so why do it to us? i felt the way we got treated when we came back in was appalling.

i read the threads later, you wanna bitch and moan about us being rude - how about the people that refused to budge, that were standing on our stuff and gave us dirty looks when we tried to get through the back of the ellipse, let alone trying to get near our spots at the front? and you wonder why we got arsey with everyone, thats your answer there.
i'm sorry if any of us were unnecesarily rude to you trying to get back in but it was only in retaliation to the fcking fight we had trying to move in there and the attitude of some people around us who were damn rude to us first.

i was lucky, i got back into my spot thanks to someone next to me who tried to make space on the rail so thanks for that whoever you are, but the girls with me didn't
some of the other guys only got their spot back after U2 security had to reprimand the fans who were blocking their way with a very sly "it's not their fault they got pulled up so give them their space back" :up:

you know, it may have even been daygloeyes who gave me my spot and if it was, a big thank you to you for doing that for me. but as for the others and this "i didn't give her her spot back, thats karma" bullshit....
how is forcefully and purposefully blocking someones else spot "karma"?
reminds me of a cartoon i read that said "i believe in karma - it means i can be mean to everyone and presume they deserve it"

but you know it doesn't matter, it was a great night and a fantastic experience for all involved and i'm very grateful again to U2 that i got to share it with a fantastic bunch of people and friends who i would never have known in the first place if it wasn't for the worlds greatest band!

:rockon:

right flame away and tell me how selfish and what a bad mean and nasty fan i am.

digsy said:

you know, it may have even been daygloeyes who gave me my spot and if it was, a big thank you to you for doing that for me.

Yes, that was me. I remember you were pushing to try and get your spot back and people wouldn't let you. In fact, I was telling people next to me to push down. Congrats on getting up on stage!

As I have said I am not angry about not being pulled up during One. What I was(and still am) pissed about is that a fan sought out to intentionally sabotage me getting up onstage when Bono clearly pointed me out. :|

daygloeyes2 said:

Yes, that was me. I remember you were pushing to try and get your spot back and people wouldn't let you. In fact, I was telling people next to me to push down. Congrats on getting up on stage!

As I have said I am not angry about not being pulled up during One. What I was(and still am) pissed about is that a fan sought out to intentionally sabotage me getting up onstage when Bono clearly pointed me out. :|

fair enough and i do appreciate you letting me back in thank you.

MrsSpringsteen said:

There are people like that, I've seen/ heard about them first hand and seen them on message boards. Word gets around about people like that, and it's not merely "gossip", they pretty much say it in their own words as well.

It is all about perspective, and it becomes clear that some fans don't have it. I don't care how many shows someone goes to, but there's a difference between that and turning it into a competition-to get on stage, to get attention from Bono, to do whatever you have to do to get your spot (in some cases cheating, let's be real that does happen). And yes, don't depend on attention from Bono to make you feel "worthy", as crap as my self esteem is attention from Bono isn't going to make a difference in that. At what point does it stop being about the music? I'm just wondering.

Totally agree MrsSpringsteen.

I saw it first hand this weekend in Buffalo and Cleveland. A U2 concert these days is all about who can do what, when and how.

I've decided I'm going to make a sign for SLC & Portland. :hyper: It's my last two shows, both GA, hopefully I'll be close enough for Bono or anyone of them to see it.

It's just going to be a blank posterboard (maybe 10x12), so that whenever they see it they'll be straining to figure out wtf it says.

Oh boy this should be fun.

ramblin rose said:
I've decided I'm going to make a sign for SLC & Portland. :hyper: It's my last two shows, both GA, hopefully I'll be close enough for Bono or anyone of them to see it.

It's just going to be a blank posterboard (maybe 10x12), so that whenever they see it they'll be straining to figure out wtf it says.

Oh boy this should be fun.

4.gif

Can't wait for that! :lmao:

Hey girly I will be at Portland GA style too!! Look forward to seeing you there my friend!
:wink:

Portland is my last show!!!!!!!!!:sad:

^ :lmao: Tell us how they react!

Digsy, I think people should have let y'all back into your spaces. And I thought the whole thing added to the show. Didn't know about all the fussing until I came on here! That defeats the porpose of the whole "One" thing. I saw a sign at one point about "15 friends, 11 nations" etc. somewhere, was that you guys? BTW I took a group picture of all of you outside the arena after the show. Plus I took one or two cameras from people in the group so those people could be in the picture. When I get my photos online after the holidaze, I'll post a link.

EDIT: That was directed at Ramblin Rose...U2fanatic4ever beat me to the spot right under Ramblin Rose. Maybe I shoulda had someone put a number on my hand with a Sharpie. :lmao:

Last edited:
MysteryGirl said:
^ :lmao: Tell us how they react!

Digsy, I think people should have let y'all back into your spaces. And I thought the whole thing added to the show. Didn't know about all the fussing until I came on here! That defeats the porpose of the whole "One" thing. I saw a sign at one point about "15 friends, 11 nations" etc. somewhere, was that you guys? BTW I took a group picture of all of you outside the arena after the show. Plus I took one or two cameras from people in the group so those people could be in the picture. When I get my photos online after the holidaze, I'll post a link.

EDIT: That was directed at Ramblin Rose...U2fanatic4ever beat me to the spot right under Ramblin Rose. Maybe I shoulda had someone put a number on my hand with a Sharpie. :lmao:

yeah that sign was us on the 5th - it was a thanks for the night before.
i remember someone taking pictures for us - was that you? thats so cool, thank you very much. whenever you get a chance to get them up that would be fantastic! just drop me a pm or something so i know where to find them
thanks again!

ramblin rose said:

You should type "Bono" in about 8-point font, print it out, and glue it to the center of the sign. Then, at the show, push everyone out of your way and hold the sign up the whole night so Bono can definitely get a chance to read it. :giggle:

In response to digsy's post, I can't believe people are that rude. If you're in the ellipse, even in the back of the ellipse, you're going to have a great view. I understand people wanting to get as close as they can so they can see everything, but not letting people have their spots back after being on stage?
*cough* Ihopetheyallgetnosebleedseatsnexttour *cough*

jcarroll28 said:
I should have said, how about spending half the time or money!! on something more important... Maybe go to DC and listen to Bono tell you how to lead a more active life.

:madspit:

At what point does it stop being about the music? I'm just wondering.

Good question.

For many people I've seen around, it is no longer about the music--probably hasn't been about the music in a long, long time. It's about getting Bono's attention (or Adam's, Larry's, Edge's or even John's) and getting that "moment" with the band.

While I agree that that moment adds to the concert experience, there is a line that many people are crossing/have crossed and I find that extremely sad. They seem to have forgotten that U2 is a band made of four men--talented and attractive men, yes--but four men, not gods. And some seem to believe that if they can just get that one moment, they'll have one up on everyone else.

Sure, I'd love to get my moment on stage with Bono :wink: but I'm not going to base my whole existence on that. I'm not judging anyone here, but I just hope that everyone has a healthy perspective.

ramblin rose said:
I've decided I'm going to make a sign for SLC & Portland. :hyper: It's just going to be a blank posterboard (maybe 10x12), so that whenever they see it they'll be straining to figure out wtf it says.
Ramblin Rose, I was thinking of doing the same thing just this past weekend! :happy:

Digsy, thanks for explaining that so well :up: We had a great time and you :rockon:

digsy said:

yeah that sign was us on the 5th - it was a thanks for the night before.
i remember someone taking pictures for us - was that you? thats so cool, thank you very much. whenever you get a chance to get them up that would be fantastic! just drop me a pm or something so i know where to find them
thanks again!
The group pictures I took with my camera and others was after the show on the 4th. If you remember someone with loing blonde hair and glasses taking pix after the show on the 4th, that was me. Not sure if I got the sign about friends and nations, but I'll have to check again...I think part of it is in a picture.

My friend took a sign to a show that say 'Why are you reading this, get back to singing!!!' she thought it was hilarious, whenever she held it up we pretended we didn't know her. The band all laughed but still...LOL some people!

I'm going to hold up a big sign saying 'i want to get on stage bono but please don't touch me, im for adams hands only!! :drool: :drool: '

no, really all i want to be is within 10 metres of the coolest mofo on the planet! *jumps on adam* *high 5's carmel*

dazzlingamy said:
My friend took a sign to a show that say 'Why are you reading this, get back to singing!!!' she thought it was hilarious, whenever she held it up we pretended we didn't know her. The band all laughed but still...LOL some people!

buahahaha, now that is a good sign

CHIP- I am trying to get ahold of you ASAP!!!!!

Chip,
This is Susan, your chicago outside tip buddy. I am trying to find you through midwest or this site.
I need to share some URGENT info with you that you WILL want to know. I can't go into detail here. Just go to u2midwest and check your private messages ASAP. After you check, email me at the address I gave to you in your pm on midwest. You ARE going to want to talk to me BEFORE tonight!!!!!!!! Yes. It concerns U2 and Yes! It is good!!!!!!
thanks,
susan

Re: CHIP- I am trying to get ahold of you ASAP!!!!!

unforgettable fire said:
Chip,
This is Susan, your chicago outside tip buddy. I am trying to find you through midwest or this site.
I need to share some URGENT info with you that you WILL want to know. I can't go into detail here. Just go to u2midwest and check your private messages ASAP. After you check, email me at the address I gave to you in your pm on midwest. You ARE going to want to talk to me BEFORE tonight!!!!!!!! Yes. It concerns U2 and Yes! It is good!!!!!!
thanks,
susan

hey susan, checking now :hmm:

Re: Re: Re: CHIP- I am trying to get ahold of you ASAP!!!!!

Niamh_Saoirse said:

After that message, I want to know too!

:wink:

im sorry but its TOP SECRET information :silent:

I thought the news was that Edge had accepted his marriage proposal....but I like neutrals theory better...then we would see pictures of him batting his eyelashes all seductive like!!:drool:

Back
Top Bottom