I like Hall and Oates, Wham, Air Supply, and Christopher Cross

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
And not only those 1980's balladers of soul, love, and understanding. I also dig Men at Work and their quirky sense of life, Pet Shop Boys and their devotion to techno flavored anthems, Phil Collins' white boy laments, The Pointer Sisters' self-confident strut while belting out "I'm So Excited", Roxette's heart-wrenching pain in songs like "Fading Like A Flower" and "Joyride" ( :( ), and yes....even Weird Al Yankovic.

I give you all permission to let it be known that The Danospano is a dork! :yes:

Rick Astley? Hell yeah.....I'm never gonna give him up...I'm never gonna let him down....I'm never gonna turn around and desert him! :p

Ya know the music of that era had something that is lacking these days. Do you remember Dave Dobyn? Dunno why I thought of him really, one hit wonder lol.

You rock, Dano!

I listen to lots of music that people would think was lame...:reject: I mostly just listen to Ryan Adams and U2 these days though...but...................sometimes........I gotta dust off the rest of the ole CD collection or listen to unmentionable stations on the radio. :uhoh:

Bonochick said:
You rock, Dano!

I listen to lots of music that people would think was lame...:reject: I mostly just listen to Ryan Adams and U2 these days though...but...................sometimes........I gotta dust off the rest of the ole CD collection or listen to unmentionable stations on the radio. :uhoh:

Us Saginaw folks know stuff about BC's cd collection that would scare the daylight out of some. ;)

I still remember George Michael's "Choose Life" tee

Danospano said:
And not only those 1980's balladers of soul, love, and understanding. I also dig Men at Work and their quirky sense of life, Pet Shop Boys and their devotion to techno flavored anthems, Phil Collins' white boy laments, The Pointer Sisters' self-confident strut while belting out "I'm So Excited", Roxette's heart-wrenching pain in songs like "Fading Like A Flower" and "Joyride" ( :( ), and yes....even Weird Al Yankovic.

I give you all permission to let it be known that The Danospano is a dork! :yes:

Just last week, I couldn't get Air Supply's "I'm All Out Of Love" and Roxette's "It Must Have Been Love" out of my head. :banghead: :laugh: I had been watching too much VH1's Top Love Songs special. :uhoh:

And OMG, I can hear the intro for The Pointer Sisters' "I'm So Excited" right now. :no:

Last edited:
I love Christopher Cross.....he music is so calming and relaxing.

I :heart: cheesy love songs.....

I find myself listening to the "lite" station more and more :silent:
except when Celine Dion comes on then I change it...I'll listen to country before I listen to her warbling

this confessional is gonna get crowded...methinks

"love and other bruises...didn't have to??????
it did and I'm ALIVE and I'm trying to SURVIVE......!!!"
something like that...I never know correct lyrics(another confession)
I am hoping I have the pesos to go and see the Little River Band if they play around here...although they aren't called that now...the bass player has the rights to that name(meanie)and after a legal wrangle he has got to keep it (lucky boy)
Dave Dobbin and DD Smash....you're a slice of heaven
:sexywink:
Ms bean..daisy...I'll have you know( maybe I shouldn't confess this) but just recently I really listened to a song my old man dedicated to me...this is the slightly sad bit...it's by Celine Dion "Falling Into You" I've only just "heard " the lyric....I was moved. He said when it was a hit on radio, he'd be driving home from his gig and at the time there was pure crap music on the top 40(except for u2) and that song stood out as a good song and it reminded him of..................me :wink:
but yes the rest is warbling crap, you're not wrong

gotta love weird al....just 'eat, I don't care if your full, just eat it.
like a surgeon, cutting for the very first time...unforgettable

Wham is a bit of a worry Dano...george can sing....but wake me up before you go go? those pants? those shoes?
ah well, I'm glad no one took pics of me back then..I dressed like a cross between Cyndi Lauper and Boy George...I wasn't a buffalo girl..i was A BUFFALO.:eeklaugh:
AHH THE 80'S.....what fun, what style:eyebrow:

Queen cass of Dorkland
flock of seagulls..bronski beat..wawanee..oh dear:wave:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

i wont tell anyone about the backstreet boys posters and cd collection, oopsalreadydid

:wave:

I don't have any posters!!!!! :mad:

Just CD's...........

i like some of that stuff too. hall and oates, wham, pet shop boys, and of course weird al. how can anyone not like weird al?! my husband and i even own a copy of uhf on dvd. :wink:

Like O2 said:
Christopher Cross is great!

Sailing
Takes me away
To where I've always heard it could be
Just a dream and the wind to carry me
And soon I will be free

I have to agree. I used to love that song. :uhoh:

Wake me up before you go-go

I looooooove Wham and George Michael - Wham does one of my favorite Christmas songs:

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart......

Like O2 said:
Christopher Cross is great!

Sailing
Takes me away
To where I've always heard it could be
Just a dream and the wind to carry me
And soon I will be free

whoever said they USED to love this song is a traitor!!

and i loved loved loved roxette....along with Richard Marx....he was SOOOOO cute!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom