Can I just tell you how good Achtung Baby sounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
i'm listening to AB right now! my fave U2 cd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

...in my brand spankin' new 2002 Ford Focus ZX5 that I just got yesterday?? Silver/leather/moonroof, thanks for asking.
smile.gif
Yes, it's my midlife crisis car. My old Saab didn't have a stereo for 2 years and that just sucked like I can't even put into words.

So I have to go now, to hit the wide open desert highway with my new wheels. In the 6-CD changer I've got:

Achtung Baby
An Elevation Tour bootleg (I forget which one)
Zooropa
Jeff Buckley "Grace"
PJ Harvey "Stories from the City"
Radiohead "Amnesiac"

I'll hit "shuffle" and can't go wrong.

What's in your car these days?

the stealth r/t twin turbo has just had an mp3 cd player installed just yesterday.
i think spiritualized is still in there though i should burn an mp3 cd and go for a spin.

------------------
i was born for your magazine
i am trapped in the society page of your magazine

I have been listening to POP alot lately. In fact I listen to the whole album on the way to work, and again on the way home for the last two weeks. I know that a lot of people diss it, but Man is it good!!

Originally posted by Peter:
In spite of the general opinion, POP is a very good album. Gone, Staring at the sun, Last night on earth, Please, Wake up dead man are fantastic. They are among my all-time U2 favourites.

Perhaps the first three songs (discoth?que, mofo and do you feel loved) are considered not to be real U2 songs, I agree, but don't waste the whole album. It contains five fantastic and very underrated songs.

"I get up with the sun, ANDNOTCOMINGDOWN"
God Yes!! I even like the first three songs. Discoteque puts me in a super happy mood, Mofo makes me long for the POPmart tour, and I love Do you feel loved!! You can't forget Playboy Mansion, Miami, and If God Will Send his Angels. Dynamite!! This is slowly becoming my favorite U2 album!!

I am sooo going to get flamed for that!!!

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I have been listening to POP alot lately. In fact I listen to the whole album on the way to work, and again on the way home for the last two weeks. I know that a lot of people diss it, but Man is it good!!

wow me too, well i listen to it on the bus for the last 2 weeks, ive grown to adore it
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
...in my brand spankin' new 2002 Ford Focus ZX5 that I just got yesterday?? Silver/leather/moonroof, thanks for asking.
smile.gif
Yes, it's my midlife crisis car. My old Saab didn't have a stereo for 2 years and that just sucked like I can't even put into words.

So I have to go now, to hit the wide open desert highway with my new wheels. In the 6-CD changer I've got:

Achtung Baby
An Elevation Tour bootleg (I forget which one)
Zooropa
Jeff Buckley "Grace"
PJ Harvey "Stories from the City"
Radiohead "Amnesiac"

I'll hit "shuffle" and can't go wrong.

Aw, I love those 5 door Focus'. Well, I only have cloth interior in my Ford Focus (4 door SE) but the stereo kicks ass even though I only have the single disc player. In which Achtung Baby is a constant staple.

Enjoy!

(but psst. The rotors in the Focus are known to wear down at alarmingly fast rates. I had to replace my brakes AND my rotors at 18,000 miles. I wasn't too thrilled about that, but I heard it's common in those cars... just a warning. The minute your brakes start squeaking in your car, get it to the shop immediately!)

In my semi-new Toyota Corolla is The Grateful Dead's American Beauty and Workingman's Dead. (see Bama I have become a Dead fan, though admittedly not a Deadhead)

Originally posted by adam's_mistress:
Aw, I love those 5 door Focus'. Well, I only have cloth interior in my Ford Focus (4 door SE) but the stereo kicks ass even though I only have the single disc player. In which Achtung Baby is a constant staple.

Enjoy!

(but psst. The rotors in the Focus are known to wear down at alarmingly fast rates. I had to replace my brakes AND my rotors at 18,000 miles. I wasn't too thrilled about that, but I heard it's common in those cars... just a warning. The minute your brakes start squeaking in your car, get it to the shop immediately!)

I only got the leather because it's my midlife crisis car--LOL!

Thanks for the heads-up on the brakes. Well, at least it'll still be under warranty when they go, I hope. It wasn't my first choice of a car, but it seemed to be a smart choice--you get a lot for a good price. And you're right--the stereo kicks ass!

I've been rediscovering both Pop and Zooropa--both are great for the highway. I like Pop much better than Zooropa, although the title song on the latter gets better every time I listen to it.

I only got the leather because it's my midlife crisis car--LOL!

Thanks for the heads-up on the brakes. Well, at least it'll still be under warranty when they go, I hope. It wasn't my first choice of a car, but it seemed to be a smart choice--you get a lot for a good price. And you're right--the stereo kicks ass!

I've been rediscovering both Pop and Zooropa--both are great for the highway. I like Pop much better than Zooropa, although the title song on the latter gets better every time I listen to it.

I actually love my little car. It's zippy and it's a good value and it came with loads of extras that other cars in its class don't come with. Not exactly a 6 or 8 cylander car but it's got more punch than other cars with similar engines out on the market. It's perfect for me and the fam and it's fun when it's just my husband and I. Also Ford will probably send you out a goody package. I don't know if they still do that since I got my car in 2000, but I got a nifty watch and my dealership had a raffle where I got 10 free oil changes. Now I sound like a commercial, jeesh! Talk about pimpin. lol
wink.gif

Unfortunately brakes are not covered by warranty, and neither are rotors. Unfortunately they are classified as normal wear-and-tear. Believe me, when I had to fork out the $400 to get my car up and running I was more than a bit pissed off. I can understand brakes going out on front wheel drive cars at 18,000 miles especially if the car is driven hard, but rotors should last at least a minimum of 30,000 miles. I even wrote to Ford asking them to look into the matter but of course I haven't heard anything from them yet. Here's hoping for a recall so new Focus owners aren't stuck with the grief I had. But it's all good now, the grief was very short lived and my car is as good as new.
biggrin.gif

Amost forgot - turn up the bass when you play Numb and watch your rear view mirror and windows rattle incessantly. Also works well with Discoteque and Mofo.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by adam's_mistress (edited 01-14-2002).]

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Originally posted by Peter:
In spite of the general opinion, POP is a very good album. Gone, Staring at the sun, Last night on earth, Please, Wake up dead man are fantastic. They are among my all-time U2 favourites.

Perhaps the first three songs (discoth?que, mofo and do you feel loved) are considered not to be real U2 songs, I agree, but don't waste the whole album. It contains five fantastic and very underrated songs.

God Yes!! I even like the first three songs. Discoteque puts me in a super happy mood, Mofo makes me long for the POPmart tour, and I love Do you feel loved!! You can't forget Playboy Mansion, Miami, and If God Will Send his Angels. Dynamite!! This is slowly becoming my favorite U2 album!!

I am sooo going to get flamed for that!!!

No no no...the general opinion around here is that Pop is amazing. I'm one of the few naysayers.
biggrin.gif
Don't worry, you'll get more people agreeing with you than flames!

------------------
Your seven worlds collide
Whenever I am by your side
Dust from a distant sun
Will shower over everyone

-Crowded House

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom