Bono attending Pope's funeral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well being that the funeral will probably be midday friday (rome time) it would be a quick turnaround. san jose is 9 hours behind., so that makes the funeral somewhere around 3 or 4 in the morning (sj time). it's feasable but, he would have rest from serious jetlag all day saturday before playing the show sat. night.

Realfan68 said:
I don't see how you could say no regardless of your situation.

It's easy, really. All he needs to say is that his long-suffering fans would be disappointed to see a show without Bono or an exhausted Bono.

How about NO, Scotty.

NOT EVEN BONO CAN...

kakvox said:
Well, if anyone can do it, it would be Bono for sure!

I was watching CNN and saw that on the day of the popes Funeral most of Italy will be a no fly zone... wow... love that pun

Bono===FLY no fly zone... get it... hahahaha

anyway... b/c of all the politicians and highly influencial figures he can't fly in or out that day... So he'd have to postpone the San Jose shows to go and fly in on saturday and fly out on monday... well... time will tell...

-Vertigo_Mofo Out!!!
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I bet he could find a way to do it if he wanted to. I would guess that the no-fly zone won't apply to the major dignitaries. He could always catch a ride on air force one. I'm kidding, sort of. (The story that pops into my head is that of Al Gore catching a ride with Bill Clinton to make it to the post-September 11th service at the National Cathedral in DC. Gore couldn't get permission to fly, but Clinton, as a former president, was flown by the military and Gore tagged along.) And as for jet lag, with the type of hours they seem to keep on tour, I think he's on Bono time whether he's in Italy or California.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom