big, bigger,.. bass boom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiphop

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
this is a confession because I am reluctant to invest in studio equipment (because I already have invested a lot) but.........

Im talking to a friend of mine and we might do a studio cooperation to enlarge both of our studios. Actually we´re looking for a new pair of studio monitors

and even if we were favoring a subwoofer bass system up until now it looks like we might aim higher and get this smart audio model..

smartaudio3.jpg

I havent heard them yet, just hoping for a clean bass response and crystal clear sound :drool:

sharing :lmao: sometimes I just want to kick their asses. There is NO DAMN REASON to play music so loud that the ground shakes and you can be heard for blocks. I mean what's the point?

Carek1230 said:
sharing :lmao: sometimes I just want to kick their asses. There is NO DAMN REASON to play music so loud that the ground shakes and you can be heard for blocks. I mean what's the point?

Me too. I hate it when a car passes in front of my flat (2nd floor) and the kickdrum is so loud you can hear it through the closed windows - literally the floor vibrates!

But take into consideration that we work on these monitors in an isolated studio, rockin´ away in the cellar. Also, its not that much about being loud, more about being exact. The monitors you see here are designed for the studio; its not a simple PA monitor like in front of a stage (would be around 20 times cheaper, lol). Also when we´re not playing loud, it has to sound very exact. Actually, we´re not recording or editing at high volumes - you´d ruin your ears pretty fast if you do that for eight hours a day. but we need to have the possibility to hear it on the big monitors, see, to see what it sounds like, big. In the mix situation techs always switch between big monitors and small (crappy) hifi-speakers. In the end, it has to sound great everywhere you play it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom