any of you "ONE" peeps able to explain this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the issue here is more about an overload of organizations and products than anything else. The average person hears about all these things like ONE, DATA, Edun, RED and so on. Ultimately, it is not only easy but likely for someone to be confused about the true role of each one. It is especially easy for U2 fans with Bono plugging almost every single one.

Exactly. While I do still get kind of knee-jerky about the tax thing (i.e., it wasn't their entire business that got moved; it doesn't mean BONO doesn't pay any taxes in Ireland; and U2 is 4 people and a manager, not just Bono), it frustrates me because they/he HAD to know there was no way that was going to reflect well on what he was doing outside of the band.

But maybe in this case, he was outvoted, or the business sense of it just won out.

I mean, I get it - but just made him an easier target for people to point at and yell "hypocrite!"

Oh well.
I feel terribly stupid for not even considering this... :huh:

EDIT: But anyway, back to the topic at hand, if what this article says is true, then I really hope the issue is brought to light and the correct course of action is taken to rectify the obviously flawed system.

EDIT #2: Now that I have actually read the entire thread, I feel even more like a dope. It happens...

I feel terribly stupid for not even considering this... :huh:

EDIT: But anyway, back to the topic at hand, if what this article says is true, then I really hope the issue is brought to light and the correct course of action is taken to rectify the obviously flawed system.

EDIT #2: Now that I have actually read the entire thread, I feel even more like a dope. It happens...

hehe don't worry... reading back thru the thread i can literally see realisation dawning very very slowly in my own subsequent posts lol

it is confusing and not very clear though...

As said before, ONE is not a charity, and the only reason we're talking about this is because people confuse it with one. Of course, that's to be expected from a somewhat ignorant public, the real culprit here is the New York Post. This isn't newsworthy, if Unicef or Red Cross had the same numbers, yeah, put it on the front page, but this is pure sensationalism.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom