Any chance of TM helping nosebleed seats purchased in the presale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zana

Babyface
My seats are on the top tier in the back of the stadium. I got these at the presale about an hour after presale opened for the 24th of June Dublin show. I have e-mailed u2.com several times, and ticketmaster. Has anyone tried getting them to exchange those terrible seats for better ones? Any luck?

So, this must mean, no? I feel like Larry just told me to Fuck off too.

Ticketmaster has contacted a number of fans to handle fan dissatisfaction. Keep writing U2.com and Signatures Network. They really are trying.

Ticketmaster will not trade the tickets for anything else - its not in their blood. But they will cancel the order if there was something they advertised wrong - like for instance if they changed the seating chart for the show after you bought your tickets.

Otherwise you are stuck with them.

I had the same problem. I emailed TM and asked if there was anyway they could cancel my order, but the tickets had already been processed so I was stuck with them.

You should be able to find someone to buy your tickets at face value though - that's what I did. I'm still out the $40, but at least I'm not stuck up in those seats now.

I'm in the same boat too - they really should have helped those of us who unfairly got nosebleeds on the first day of the presales to get better seats also!

I do feel I got (you know what) by TM and U2.com :tsk:

u2.com is not responding AT ALL to my e-mails. What's signature network? I don't want to get rid of the tickets I'm afraid I'll be out alltogether. I guess I would rather see the tour than not, but for being a u2.com member, and knowing that better seats were available, it just makes my blood boil. I do hold u2 partly responsible because this is their show and without their dedicated fans they would not have the lifestyle that they do. So, I have two words for Larry as well.....(still love them tho').

i emailed ticketmaster about the problem i noticed with the seating chart change for the chicago show that occured during the presale, and finally after 2 or 3 emails they said they could cancel the tickets if i wanted to, but of course i don't wanna cancel them if they won't give me anything else. i think unfortunately we're pretty much stuck with them.

I'm in that boat too...don't want to give up the nosebleed seat because I'd be afraid to get nothing else, and certainly wouldn't expect ticketmaster to do anything since my purchase was made knowing exactly where the seat was. I also don't want to buy a ticket from a broker or an ebayer and feed into that whole nasty mess.
I mostly feel disappointed by u2.com advertising that they would be reserving 'some of the best' seats for us members and then offering quite a lot of crap in addition to a very limited number of decent opportunities it seemed. It's lots to do with the contrast between the experiences we've seen reported by u2.com members and the plethora of decent tix we see out there offered by brokers and such. I had no luck in the general sale, so I guess I feel lucky to have gotten anything at all. I suppose u2.com couldn't have anticipated exactly how hot the tickets would be, but I'd love to see them try to make it all feel a little better by offering all their (legitimate, non-scalper) members at least a chance to get tickets for the fall leg.

cheers all!

edit: whuh? they changed the seating chart for the chicago presale?! i didn't notice that! i thought it was only nj that had that problem...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom