50 copies in the World: French AB Trabant Box to sell Mint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achtungyoda

Babyface
Hi all,

I am sellimg one of the 50 copies existing in the world of the giga rare French Achtung baby Box that comprise:
CD (still under blister) !
Trabant toy Orange
Booklet exclusive for this box written in French

The box is superb and global aspect is Mint/Near Mint consideering the fact that it was issued in 1991 !
If you want scans please contact me i have plenty of

If you want to check how rare is the item please have a look to the website: www.U2-discography.com
search: album AB

Hi,

Selling price for the Achung Baby Box is: 750 euros
shipping cost registered airmail included.

Please keep jesus Christ in peace, he should be so busy at the moment !

Well item is extremely rare as mentioned.
The box is frequently sold higher than 700 euros on the net.
Shipping is registered airmail

In addition the item is Mint / near mint (cd under original blister) which is rare as sometimes you find copies with non original booklet (photocopies), box damaged...

I do understand it is lot of money on the other hand it is a unique opportunity to have one of the 50 copies of a top U2 collector.

WAY too much money for me mate.

The real Trabants from Zootv are all collector's items in various musea. I know there's one in Holland in Amsterdam's biggest music store, but the rest I'm not sure.
No clue on their value, but yea it's still a Trabant which are the cheapest cars possible!

The last time one of the real trabants used during the zoo tv tour was for sale,it went for more than £6000!

WAY too much money for me mate.

The real Trabants from Zootv are all collector's items in various musea. I know there's one in Holland in Amsterdam's biggest music store, but the rest I'm not sure.
No clue on their value, but yea it's still a Trabant which are the cheapest cars possible!

There's a couple in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio.

Fifty of any official item makes the item very valuable. It's nice you offered it to Interferencers first, but your best bet is ebay.

The Uk promo user kit had 10 bids and sold for 730 euros on ebay. I think it more popular than your kit, yet your kit is rarer. So, decide what you want and good luck to you.

Fifty of any official item makes the item very valuable. It's nice you offered it to Interferencers first, but your best bet is ebay.

The Uk promo user kit had 10 bids and sold for 730 euros on ebay. I think it more popular than your kit, yet your kit is rarer. So, decide what you want and good luck to you.

Thanks for your more positive view.
I thought it was a good idea to offer the item to Interference first more than Ebay machine. The item is close to be sold to someone from another horizon.

For the achtung baby user tool kit I am a little bit surprised by the value you report as I saw on Ebay value easily 1.5 times higher. I do believe that we have to be causcious because most of the time the set is sold with one or 2 elements missing. Or the pack itself not in very good condition. If the item is not mint of not complete the value can drop drastically.
There is one currently to sell on Ebay UK (and one element is missing) and the value is 816 euros (plus shipment) so roughly 100 euros more than the item I am selling and there are 2 remaining days so we can imagine that it will reach even more.

So, I do not think it is fair to do the comparison you did as I agree the User tool Kit is definitely a holly Graal for any serious collector.

Anyway thanks for your suport

You're welcome. I do agree with you about the value of the user tool kit being higher at times. I was only quoting a recent sale on ebay. A collectible is only worth what the highest bidder will pay, and that changes all the time.

Anyway, again, good luck!

You're welcome. I do agree with you about the value of the user tool kit being higher at times. I was only quoting a recent sale on ebay. A collectible is only worth what the highest bidder will pay, and that changes all the time.

Anyway, again, good luck!

1600 euros the final price of the Achtung baby users tool kit
Item N° : 280312722706 on Ebay
So definitely we cannot compare the price of the 2 itemes.

There is a real trabbie for sale for 800€ around here but a real used ZOOTV trabant will cost you a mere £6000 to £8000 depends on which trabbie.The most photographed one(see achtung baby booklet) will probably cost about £12000
If I had the money to spend, i know i would put one of these in my garden as ornament:)
or hang one upside down on my living room ceiling:)

Back
Top Bottom