Apollo Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Horses with this extended outro, fuuuuuuuuuuuu. Incredible. So glad we have that recording.

PLAY IT TONIGHT YOU CASUALS!

Post show breakdown is kinda funny, these people are giving Horses love. Yes!

Hmm, I bet this is what RFD got cut for. The pre and post show commentary hyping it up.

Meh, it's their channel and they have no other programming. They must not have liked how it sounded.

True, but I noticed it all fit into exactly 90 minutes. Don't know how Sirius works but I'm sure there's something to be said for having it be a 90 minute package.

Was I the only asshole listening on Howard Stern channel vs U2 channel? And Sirius XM is corporate stupid like all media companies that spend 10 minutes introducing guests and 1 second talking to them. That's how they think. Segments, extra. Certain length. Commercial breaks. Yada Yada, fuck you U2 fans.

Anyone know when the show actually starts on this broadcast ? I guess I’ll FF through..

Last edited:
Maybe RFD shows up in one of the re broadcasts, just like the at the BBC had multiple versions with different songs?

That’s what I was thinking as well.

You know, this would make a really great live release. And not just for the fan club, but on all streaming services. They need way more live content out there.

Might have to capture the Periscope stream from this show. Sound quality not quite as good as this SiriusXM broadcast, but at least it’s complete.

Sarah Woods' scope was not complete, it starts on Electric Co. You could always grab IWF off of YouTube and merge that in if you wanted.

Right after the show on Monday, I replayed the scope and put my phone in front the speakers and used the voice recorder. Listed to that at work Tuesday.

When I got home and had more time, I figured out how to save a stream as a .ts file, then used VLC to grab just the audio and used WavePad to clean it up and split the tracks. Here's a WeTransfer link for the .wav files.

https://we.tl/m1Gu93jbBG

The songs with the Sun Ra horns were far and away the best part (followed closely by Wild Horses). The rest was fine.

(Obv, helluva lot different being there vs listening on the rqdio.)

Exactly! It makes zero sense. Let’s push snooze fest Get Out of Your Own Way instead. I would be embarrassed to play that shit with real musicians such as Steven Van Zandt in the crowd. Bon Jovi probably loved it though.

Bon Jovi adores I–V–vi–IV chord progressions. That song would probably be right up his alley.

Honestly, that performance was fire.

All the more baffling they left RFD off. I can’t comprehend that decision.

The opening trio are as raw and powerful as they’ve sounded... pretty much ever. And ABOY does flow well out of them. RFD could have slotted in where it was or have been swapped with ABOY.

Back
Top Bottom