June 14, 2017 - Tampa, FL - Raymond James Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see parking at Raymond James Stadium is $30. Tampa folks - are there any other good parking options around the stadium? Cheers.

Not that I know of, unfortunately.

Chance of thunderstorms? Wouldn't be Tampa without it. I swear it pours every day in summer for at least a half hour

The ol' Big Sombrero.

Googled some pictures and saw one where the stadium didn't have stands behind the end zones. Decided to click to the link. Really cool read about the history (begins in 1926) of football and the stadium:

https://www.tampapix.com/tampastadium.htm

Also, thanks for this from me. I am obsessed with stadium pics and history (like the stadiums in LA that used to be where CBS Studios are, etc), and this is one of the better sites I have seen with this kind of stuff.

Just arrived back in hotel, save the rain and my spill in the parking lot on the way to our ride, I had a fantastic time. Great show.

Had a good time in Tampa so was great. What the in hell is up with the traffic control seems like the 4 million cops made it worse. Glad the rain stopped for the show.

Not sure why exactly, but I wasn't really feeling the hype all that much going into the concert. Of course, all that changed the second they hit the stage, and now I'm back in U2-fan-mode zone. Also, I SURE WISH THEY HAD ANNOUNCED THE NEW ORLEANS DATE BEFORE I BOUGHT TAMPA TICKETS OOH WOW GUYS... but whatevs, I had an amazing time (despite the wretched heat jesus christ it was hot), got to stay with an old friend and catchup, and checked out a few local stops--not a bad couple of days ;}

Also, here are a few pics!

20170614_210553.jpg

20170614_211507.jpg

20170614_223424.jpg

My wife and I:
20170614_224418.jpg
(...lol)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom