May 14, 2014 - Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
..a minute after I secured my concert tickets, My friend booked flight as well as accommodation. We had it all prepared before the pre sales started.

I booked my accomodation two hours before the tour announcement (it was a cancelable booking anyway). :D Am doing my flights right now, I am using miles anyway and there is plenty availability. I am making it a full vacation by going to Portland for a couple of days before Vancouver, since I have never been there and it is one of the last major US cities on my bucket list.

Mon, May 18 is holiday in Vancouver

Who cares? I might be in San Jose by then :wink:

Can anyone tell me how the line-ups are in Vancouver? or on opening nights?
Can you spend the night before outside the arena?

Mon, May 18 is holiday in Vancouver

Who cares? I might be in San Jose by then :wink:

Can anyone tell me how the line-ups are in Vancouver? or on opening nights?
Can you spend the night before outside the arena?

I did Vancouver 360 line-up, it was pretty mellow IIRC, got outside rail which is what I wanted (inside circle was always way crowded and hot). This was at BC Place stadium across the street from Rogers Arena. Don't think an overnight lineup is ever necessary (especially with how this stage appears to be set up), if you must, get there early in the morning and you should be good. Enjoy Vancouver a bit. :)

My only opener experience was with Elevation, and that was really the first time they had the GA setup so I don't think that will be representative of how it is.

I am making it a full vacation by going to Portland for a couple of days before Vancouver, since I have never been there and it is one of the last major US cities on my bucket list.

Portland is a great city, I technically live near there but I go to school in Eugene. You'll love visiting Portland, there's a ton of things to do and it such a unique city.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Three days is nuts and totally unnecessary. There will always be 5-10 crazy people who must be under Bono's nose (where he really can't even see you) who will be there the afternoon before. The next 30 will get there between 5-9AM the morning of the show and still get rail. The people who get there at 4PM the day of show will still be just one person back. I've shown up for Arcade Fire and Radiohead arena/smaller venue shows from 3:30PM-5PM and gotten excellent rail spots.

Because somebody told me that the line up might be 3 days in advance :|

Arena floor is 60 x 25 metres. The stage, b-stage and catwalk still have to be positioned in, so the actual floor area is smaller. You have a good view everywhere. As somebody else here said before. The entire arena floor is gold. You don't have to queue up early unless you want to be front row along the rail to be very close to the band. I guess queueing in the morning would be early enough.

Here in Holland I would queue up early, in Vancouver I'll enjoy the city too and I won't go to the venue until a few hours before the show. :hyper:

The first show of the tour there are always longer lines. San Diego was 2.5 days in advance. No frame of reference about 360 in Europe, but for their first Chicago show, people were in the area about three days in advance. I can't do that anymore, so if I'm able to get tickets for this one, it will either be red zone or seats.

The first show of the tour there are always longer lines. San Diego was 2.5 days in advance. No frame of reference about 360 in Europe, but for their first Chicago show, people were in the area about three days in advance. I can't do that anymore, so if I'm able to get tickets for this one, it will either be red zone or seats.

I don't necessarily have to be front row along the rail. I'm perfectly happy with a spot in the middle of the Arena floor. I'm looking forward to that opening night!

I'm officially in! We've got cheap seats for this one, so I we can take our babies and not feel guilty about actually seeing little of this show.

Well, and the other thing is it's always chaos opening nights. Just like San Diego and everyone freaking over the lottery. I knew better. Opening night GA is, go, show up are 5-6pm, hang out, and not worry about anything. There is NO way I'd invest a bunch of time for a first show when anything could happen. (esp for the way the band plays on a opening night as well ;) )

Well, and the other thing is it's always chaos opening nights. Just like San Diego and everyone freaking over the lottery. I knew better. Opening night GA is, go, show up are 5-6pm, hang out, and not worry about anything. There is NO way I'd invest a bunch of time for a first show when anything could happen. (esp for the way the band plays on a opening night as well ;) )

I'm doing one better and getting nosebleeds for the first show. But I'll be out and about trying to meet the band.

After missing out on the GA tickets for the presale i was definitely worried but I guess I got lucky and got a GA ticket for 5/14 and 5/15. Countdown timer has begun :hyper:

Is anyone here actually FROM VANCOUVER? Or am I the only one?

I am! :D

I've got GA for this show, but I won't be hanging around in line all day, as the view looks great from every angle. Plus, there's that little old thing called work, which will make lining up more than an hour in advance next to impossible. I've never done GA for a Vancouver show before, so it should be fun!

Any Vancouverite (?) willing to receive an all around nice Chilean guy? :lol: :wave:

I can bring you some wine :wink:

Anybody know if there's a possibility of more GA ticket drops between now and the shows? I got tickets for both nights but was really hoping for GAs for one of those nights.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

I am from
Vancouver and will see them on the 15th! I was lucky enough to see them when they recorded the video for COBL in Vancouver! Most intimate U2 show ever! Hope they rehearse here again like the last time!

Anybody know if there's a possibility of more GA ticket drops between now and the shows? I got tickets for both nights but was really hoping for GAs for one of those nights.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

I scored GAs to Night 1 of Vertigo in Van about 2 months after the general sale had opened. I kept some prime seats and used these GAs to acquire Night 2 GAs. Worked out great. I believe we did the trade through this site too. Just keep a look out every few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom