What will the stage look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, my SJ GA just say GAFLR... so this will be interesting since its CC entry only. Sure hope we dont get to the door and they make you go around to the other side of the Arena. :|

They would not simply copy a low talent band like the NIN..it's not the way U2 rolls. Instead expect some sort of shape-transforming screen with a new technology never-before seen in a live concert setting. The NIN screen was actually more like U2's 'curtain of lights v2.0' than anything else. It was cool but really the only reason to subject yourself to NIN's horrific live performances..U2 always find a way to do something unique that augments their already superb live performances.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using U2 Interference mobile app

A friend posted this at the U2 Chile Facebook Group:

Hahaha ... When U2 were lost recording achtung baby and got robbed (?) the Hansa tapes and did not know where to shoot, FLOOD shows them his work with Nine Inch Nails for "Pretty Hate Machine" and that light up the bulbs. Whoever hears the stolen tapes and then listen to the demos of achtung baby posted on the boxset Reissue asks: "what happened here"

What happened was Flood showing them nine inch nails, in fact they were so captivated by this wave that once the disc was ready, more than once declared that the future of music was in bands like NIN.

As a fan of both bands I find as a unmatched recognition that they left Reznor to cover "Zoo Station" for that covers album released not long ago.
For me the best song in the best album of U2, reinterpreted by man who unknowingly changed their course back in the 90s.
"Achtung Baby" would not exist without NIN's "pretty hate machine" and without the engineer in common to both disks: "Flood".

:wave:

People, venues often have multiple gates for GA queues regardless of stage setup. It doesn't necessarily mean anything. Rod Laver Arena here in Melbourne has, every time I've been to a GA gig there, used four different gates even though the stage setup in each instance would have permitted a single gate to be used.

Those of you who were in Paris for 360 will recall the clusterfuck when those assigned to some GA gates were let in earlier than others.

People, venues often have multiple gates for GA queues regardless of stage setup. It doesn't necessarily mean anything. Rod Laver Arena here in Melbourne has, every time I've been to a GA gig there, used four different gates even though the stage setup in each instance would have permitted a single gate to be used.

Those of you who were in Paris for 360 will recall the clusterfuck when those assigned to some GA gates were let in earlier than others.

I remember it very well from Manchester vertigo tour

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

yep it was pretty bad, but i was one of the lucky ones and got thru fairly quickly and legged it down the pitch - remember people everywhere really upset and crying though...

happened in Nice too on Vertigo, but was actually terrifying as the Italians at the front of the closed gate went crazy and there was a horrible crush - couldn't breathe for a few moments - thankfully security saw what was happening at the front and opened the gate to let people thru - worst gig experience ever

hoping Bercy won't be too bad - there used to be only one entrance for the floor, but it's being renovated and i'm guessing U2 might be the first concert there after the renovations as normally the venue is shut til November, so who knows...

The only reason I got as good a spot I did in Seattle in 2011 was thanks to multiple entrances (but thankfully, not multiple lines).

The GA line was outside whatever entrance. As it came up to showtime, people would come up to the security guy and ask which entrance to use for GA, and he'd point them to the GA line. Once the doors opened, I walked up and mentioned that the venue's site had named the spot he was at as an alternate GA entrance. (Which, for the record, was true.)

His response: "Oh, okay." So we went in through his entrance, and made it to the outer rail before most of the GA line was in.

And let's not mention the fucking servicepeople directing the nearly blind fellow to the WRONG BLOODY SPOT. :crack:

Paris and U2. Nevar again.

These will replace trabants

trek_lights1_lg.jpg

...you just couldn't let this spin wildly out of control into an open rehearsal rumour, could you?! :angry:

If you scroll through this twitter page's media, you can see some pretty amazing visuals - the NiN live stuff is cool and there are some demos of that floor projection stuff people have talked about before.

I guess this company is connected to the Punkerator technology from the Invisible video?

it says something of tonight. whats refering?

Enviado desde mi iPad con U2 Interference

I can't wait for this tour's DVD. Instead of being, say, Live in Barcelona, it will be Comatose in Barcelona.

I think it'll be U2 at the O2 - they haven't done a good job historically at resisting obvious puns, cf. U2 on Youtube etc

Back
Top Bottom