September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART THREE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
in order to avoid any surprises, i'd like to wish you all a good time, and i'll be back on Blue Crack on Monday.

later!

Sorry if this has already been posted, but i emailed soliderfield.net and was told that people may line up from 7:00 am the day of the show...what's the story with the line today? Can i just show up and get a number and go back home?

Like, if someone showed up at 11 tonight and stayed all night, and then people who had showed up at 8 pm this evening but had left for the night roll back into the line tomorrow morning, the guy who showed up at 11 and stayed has to move back? Screw that. I SO wouldn't be down with that.

The show doesn't start for over 48 hours... Jesus... this crowd is going to be amazing.

Like, if someone showed up at 11 tonight and stayed all night, and then people who had showed up at 8 pm this evening but had left for the night roll back into the line tomorrow morning, the guy who showed up at 11 and stayed has to move back? Screw that. I SO wouldn't be down with that.

word :tsk:

This does not bode well. I have a feeling I'll be so irritated by the time Saturday rolls around, that I won't care about where I'm standing.

I'm all for hardcore fans but damn, you know? This is too much.

I don't want to be a GA line party-pooper here, and I do appreciate the work that line nazis do, but it just seems to me that there should be logical and fair rules for everyone, and some consistency from city to city. And, it's fair that those who put in the time are rewarded, as opposed to those who drop in for a number and leave for 10 or 12 hours at a time.*

If people are making arbitrary rules, maybe I should head to Toronto now and make up a rule that those who are wearing green get to be in the first 100 people, but those not wearing green have to move back.

This is getting nuts. Does anyone else get the feeling that we need a GA line book of rules and procedures for North America? :lol: We could elect fans from each city to get together, debate the rules, write a charter, etc... :wink:

*Unless the specific venue decides to be responsible for overseeing the line, and decides that this is the way to go. I know that some venues have done this in the past and it's worked well for everyone.

Didn't something like that happen in Hawaii, where people showed up 2 days before, put their name on the list and got a number, stayed for a little bit, and left?

I smell drama. :doh:

I don't want to be a GA line party-pooper here, and I do appreciate the work that line nazis do, but it just seems to me that there should be logical and fair rules for everyone, and some consistency from city to city. And, it's fair that those who put in the time are rewarded, as opposed to those who drop in for a number and leave for 10 or 12 hours at a time.

If people are making arbitrary rules, maybe I should head to Toronto now and make up a rule that those who are wearing green get to be in the first 100 people, but those not wearing green have to move back.

This is getting nuts. Does anyone else get the feeling that we need a GA line book of rules and procedures for North America? :lol: We could elect fans from each city to get together, debate the rules, write a charter, etc... :wink:

This. But U2 fans have never been big on logic so...

this

I don't want to be a GA line party-pooper here, and I do appreciate the work that line nazis do, but it just seems to me that there should be logical and fair rules for everyone, and some consistency from city to city. And, it's fair that those who put in the time are rewarded, as opposed to those who drop in for a number and leave for 10 or 12 hours at a time.*

*Unless the specific venue decides to be responsible for overseeing the line, and decides that this is the way to go. I know that some venues have done this in the past and it's worked well for everyone.

Sounds like they might be going through the full show tonight. :hyper:

EDIT: Maybe not, since Edge was the only one providing vocals for NLOTH.

Chels82 - hope you get a good spot & can see! :hug:

:hug:

Thanks, I'm just having a bad day and frustrated about all this line crap. The whole reason I traded my GA in Honolulu was because I heard people were lined up 2 days in advance. If I can get on the outer rail, that would be fine too.

I know, :blahblah:, shut up, Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom