October 1 - Scott Stadium - Charlottesville VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For football games, student usually charge about 20 bucks to let people park. Not too bad, I'd say. It's a bit of a risk

$20:up::up:

What do you mean by "risk":huh:

If I park my wife's 09 Camry when I get back to it will it be stripped:ohmy:

I am thinking about getting there early but not no 5a.m. more like before noon how close are you surmising I would be able to park if I did pay a college student $20

Do you have GA for that day?

C'mon JoshuaTree give us The Insider Scope of the area you live in:der:

There must be somewhere someone like myself & others (GA's) where we can park without the fear of being towed EARLY even if that means a bit of a walk to the stadium:huh:

I noticed that the tickets being sold on TM last week are actually better than the ones I got during Fan presale back in April. Bummer. Same sections and lower level seats.

I lucked out and got RZ so trying to sell the other ones - so far, no luck.

I heard that most of the cheaper seats are sold out but lots of the $250 seats are still available.

Just a comment.

Yeah, promoters play weird games like that. I am in RZ too, but I don't think they sold many of those (given the large number of 250 seats open). We may see another auction, and probably starting at a lower price.

Ntalwar stand down LOL if I decide to go early & park somewhere else I will have a RED or WEST lot parking pass by Alderman Road you can have it no charge:wave:

Wow - thanks for the offer. I'd probably try to sell it though, if I were you.

If you guys have any more questions, please allow me to help :)

One question I have is whether the streets around the stadium are part of the campus or the city of Charlottesville. Also, I think they might impose some traffic restrictions - for games I think they make Stadium and/or Fontaine one way before the start, and another way at the end.

Hey locals...looking for advice, if you don't mind! I'm staying at the hampton inn on main street. I looked at map, and it looks easily walkable...just over a mile or so. I'm just not sure what the streets are like. Are they mostly pedestrian friendly? Or at least manageable?

Thank you!! This is my boyfriend's first U2 show, so I'm trying to be prepared, yet not as anal-retentive, obsessively planning and worried about every possibility as I usually am for U2 shows. :crack:

Hey locals...looking for advice, if you don't mind! I'm staying at the hampton inn on main street. I looked at map, and it looks easily walkable...just over a mile or so. I'm just not sure what the streets are like. Are they mostly pedestrian friendly? Or at least manageable?

I'm not a local, but I did live there for a year. It's a college campus, so it's extremely walkable.

Im a charlottesville veteran (20 years) with parking ideas - dont worry if you cant get a spot right at the stadium. There is a big strip of bars and restaurants with parking lots about 15 minute walk from the stadium on Main Street - it's known as "The Corner." My suggestion is to park over there - grab a bite and a few drinks - and then walk to the stadium. Beautiful walk too - goes right threw campus. Parking is usually $10-15 in the lots for football games, so probably be about the same for u2. Has anyone heard about ticket sales? Hoping its a good crowd. This is THE best stadium to see them in - it's small and right on the field. Closest thing to an arena show, IMHO. So bring some friend and lets get 50,000 in there!

I have FIVE GA Tickets for this show myself & four children (20 18 15 13) my son turns 15 on 10/1 anyway I just got home from both Chicago Shows w/ my wife Stacey so here is my advice take it for what it is worth

If you have GA for 10/1 make sure on that day you limit your walking b/c as you all know you will be standing for a long long time unless you decide to sit on the GA FLOOR

Stacey had a very good spot Outside Rail Edge's Side but long story short I asked a Security Guard if we could get into the Pit Area we did & we were six rows back from FOS Adam's side crushed in there like cattle

Got to GA/FLOOR Area @ 6p.m. & there was still room inside the Pit but not much so my plan for 10/1 is to get to Scott Stadium right at about 5p.m. & use the parking pass I just paid for from TM ($18 bucks in the RED Parking Lot right by Alderman Road) get into the GA Area around or close to 5:30p.m. & I will not be in the Pit but I have told the three oldest if they wanna try it go ahead I will stay Outside w/ Sarah Ba Ba Beth the youngest

If you have Seats don't think it will not be GREAT b/c we did have Seats on night two & it was FANTASTIC ..... plenty of room & a GREAT view & sound

I still have two seats in section 532 that I'm desperate to get rid of. I'll sell them way below face at this point. I just don't want them to go to waste or lose ALL of the money I spent on them. PM me if you're interested.

Red Lot Parking pass - Sethvincent Q

Q for Sethvincent - did you buy Red Lot for $18? I bought the same pass for $29 a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for your post about the Chicago shows. There seems to be alot of people trying to get rid of tix for the Cville shows.

There seems to be alot of people trying to get rid of tix for the Cville shows.

Not sure why that is. I'm looking forward to this one more so than shows in bigger cities. It's far from big cities and suburbia, in a smaller (and less full) stadium. I agree with roodgo above that it could one of the most "arena-like" shows on this leg.

Not sure why that is. I'm looking forward to this one more so than shows in bigger cities. It's far from big cities and suburbia, in a smaller (and less full) stadium. I agree with roodgo above that it could one of the most "arena-like" shows on this leg.

Maybe the fact that it is far from big cities and suburbia, and people don't know that Charlottesville is a great area? I'm looking forward to this big-time! :wave:

Q for Sethvincent - did you buy Red Lot for $18? I bought the same pass for $29 a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for your post about the Chicago shows. There seems to be alot of people trying to get rid of tix for the Cville shows.

Bill from TM told me $18 for a parking pass in RED LOT right by Alderman Road I remember thinking "I thought it would be $29...." but I did not bring it up to him....:huh:

Maybe the fact that it is far from big cities and suburbia, and people don't know that Charlottesville is a great area? I'm looking forward to this big-time! :wave:

True, but I wonder why they are changing their minds after buying tickets. I guess part of the reason is the limited hotel rooms. Luckily I made my reservation before the date was even made official.

True, but I wonder why they are changing their minds after buying tickets. I guess part of the reason is the limited hotel rooms. Luckily I made my reservation before the date was even made official.

Good idea! We're staying in a little log cabin out in the woods between Charlottesville and Waynesboro, where we usually stay when we visit the area.

In my case, I bought more tickets than I need. I'm bought backup tickets in case I didn't win the RZ. I'm surprised at how many extra tickets for this show are floating around. I've never had a problem unloading U2 tickets before.

In my case, I bought more tickets than I need. I'm bought backup tickets in case I didn't win the RZ. I'm surprised at how many extra tickets for this show are floating around. I've never had a problem unloading U2 tickets before.

I hope that is true for Raleigh:ohmy:

Tried to buy FIVE CHEAP SEATS today on TM:sad: last week no problem I should have bought them then....anyway I just got my GOLD Parking Pass today in the mail from TM:applaud:

I have a "Gray" parking pass available......$23.50. It's located in the Bookstore Garage. Let me know if anyone is interested....

I simply can not wait for this show! I will be driving up from Lexington Ky that day and have to drive back in the morning but it does not matter. The two closest spots for me on the tour where Chicago and Chancellorsville. One look at the stadium in Charlottesville and the choice was easy. The arean is so small I dont think there will be a bad seat anywhere. (Frankly, I don't see how the stage will fit unless it is scooted forward in the field where the stadium widens!)

Speaking of great seats, I have two wonderful seats in row D of section 129 (lower front) that I am willing to trade for three lawn tickets. Suddenly our teenage daughter is a huge U2 fan and I would simply LOVE for this to be her first concert.

Hope to see you all there!

Scott_Stadium_1-573x385.jpg

I was one person away from winning tickets to this show this morning. I was caller #3, and the radio show wanted #4. Oh well. I can't really make it anyway, but I would've tried to rearrange my exam if I did win.

I hope y'all have fun! It's not often Scott Stadium gets to see some real action :wink:

Hi locals!!!

Can you please give us an update on the vibe, the hype, within Charlottesville??

Any interesting random facts and/or tidbits that you can share with us??

Countdown: Less than 2 weeks

Wow .. that would be a great stadium show, I think!

MsPurrl and I saw U2 at the Notre Dame basketball arena back in 2001 and that was a venue of 10,000 -- almost like U2 playing your prom. ;-)

I wish I had vacation time to join you, MsPurrl, but I don't!

I saw Popmart at Franklin Field in Philly, which, like Scott, is a "small" stadium. The sound was fantastic, and we had nosebleed seats. I'm looking forward to seeing how Charlottesville compares with the DC show... it might be the better one.

Hi locals!!!

Can you please give us an update on the vibe, the hype, within Charlottesville??

Any interesting random facts and/or tidbits that you can share with us??

Countdown: Less than 2 weeks

I'm not really a local, but I live in Virginia. Charlottesville is a college town with a fantastic music scene. The downtown area is lovely and worth walking around if you have time before the show. If you like what people call "Americana" music - Gillian Welch, the Felice Brothers, Old Crow Medicine Show, that kind of thing - Charlottesville is a great place to be. U2 is hardly the typical kind of act, but because it's a college town, and the nearest major city (DC) is two hours away, I expect a great crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom