Oct 23rd - Las Vegas - General Discussion & Gathering Thread V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will you be attending the fan gathering on Thursday night?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
unofficial gathering....

A few of us will be flying out earlier than some, so we are thinking of having a little unofficial gathering - just dinner, conversation, etc.... if anyone else is interested in joining, please PM me. I am coming in on the 20th, and right now we are tentatively planning something for the 21st. If we could plan something for the 20th as well, even better.

Since I HAVE to have every bit of information possible, :hyper:, I called UNLV about the GA policy. Talked to a woman named Stephanie who was very nice. She said they haven't been handed a policy yet, but to check back on Friday and they should have something by then.
I was telling her how there have been a couple hundred people in line by 8am for the last couple of shows. She said she wasn't sure if there would be a wristband policy or not-still being worked on-but she didn;t rule it out. So maybe they're rethinking that one.
I asked if outside parking lot port o johns would be placed in lots the day before or day of. She said most likely day of. I mentioned how if people show up very early, there'd be people in need of bathrooms and maybe to put that on the list. she laughed and said she was taking some notes as we spoke. :up: for bathrooms.
I also mentioned how the Boston show first told people they couldn;t be in line earlier than 3pm and how that was unrealistic, and they ended up changing it, and things went pretty smoothly.
I told her how OK had some policy stuff on their site and a web cam so you could watch the stage being built. She said to either watch the website or clal the ticket line for information Friday. (hopefully) I said she's probably get a few calls-she said she's been taking a lot. I told her it's because it makes people nervous to not have a set game plan, because people put a lot of time into going to these shows.
She was very nice and helpful. Open to suggestions. At least she can bring them up to others to incorporate into their plan. She said they hadn't done an event like this in a long time, so a lot of it is new to them. :ohmy:

The Las Vegas picture is very deceiving. The Mandalay Bay in the background is huge! So it appears closer than it really is. Then you have to walk past the Luxor and the Excaliber hotels. NYNY is on the other side of Tropicana. The walk from the MB to Excaliber is at least 10 minutes. I would estimate the walk more in the 20 - 25 minute range.

It really is pretty far.

The good thing is that they've built a little parking lot around the sign now so people don't have to risk running across the street to get a picture.

Since I HAVE to have every bit of information possible, :hyper:, I called UNLV about the GA policy. Talked to a woman named Stephanie who was very nice. She said they haven't been handed a policy yet, but to check back on Friday and they should have something by then.

Someone needs to send all these stadiums video of the Gillette stadium Sunday debacle as a "don't" and "avoid at all cost"
icon30.gif
LOL

did i miss anything over the last couple of days, or was it just a bunch of:

OMG VEGAZ!!!!!1

and

10 DAYS UNTIL WE GET DRRRRRRRRRRRUNKKKKKKKKKKKK :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

-dan

I wish I were flying in earlier. I need to get the hell out of this place.

:grumpy:
:hug:

ME TOO! Gawd, I thought it was just me, it actually makes me feel better to know I am not alone. I am going crazy. :crazy: I hate my job today. :banghead: hate it. I could just snap! I am also a total bitch. It's not pretty. at all. Going to the gym to try to work it off.
hj:heart:

Seriously, the LAST time I was in Vegas:

Wait, wait! I lie. That was the penultimate time I was in Vegas. Two weeks after this show I went to see Depeche Mode at The Joint and that's where I met and talked to Brandon Flowers. And in my super excitement to meet him, and uber lust to gaze upon him, I completely forgot to mention that I had seen him do 'In A Little While' with U2 just two weeks prior! :doh:

^^:cute:

WOW! That is the first time I've heard or seen that! Brandon Flowers :love:

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

That will still go down as one of my fave shows (next to JT tour show in T.O. -- showing my age).

Mary J Blige did a great job on "One" as well. It was also great to be able to walk 5 mins back to my room. lol.

Wait, wait! I lie. That was the penultimate time I was in Vegas. Two weeks after this show I went to see Depeche Mode at The Joint and that's where I met and talked to Brandon Flowers. And in my super excitement to meet him, and uber lust to gaze upon him, I completely forgot to mention that I had seen him do 'In A Little While' with U2 just two weeks prior! :doh:

You got to see Depeche Mode too! OMG that is so awesome. You are so lucky!

^ i second that :drool::drool::drool::drool:

And lemme juss tell ya: that man is MEGA FINE . . . F - O - I - N - E - ! :drool: :drool: :combust:

I just saw The Killers for the first time earlier this year and I loved them live...it was sooooo amazing. I love the whole Shadowplay segment...soooo amazing.

I wonder if U2 will have any special guests this time in Vegas....:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom