July 8th and 9th 2011 - Hippodrome - Montreal - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and finally......

Prince-Arthur Street
The reason why Prince-Arthur Street is so popular is because it is surrounded by trendy restaurants and bars on both sides. Most of these venues offer large outdoor eating areas and stay open well into the night.
To give it a more European feel, Prince-Arthur Street has a cobblestone street and antique lampposts.

Wowwww, you did a lot when you were there!!

We went to the Hippodrome, goofed around in our hotel room, got lost, and got rained on at the fireworks. :laugh:

We have one day to sightsee, right? :shifty:

ETA: I really want to see Notre Dame Basilica and eat poutine and pastry. Anything on top of that will be a bonus!

We went to the Hippodrome, goofed around in our hotel room, got lost, and got rained on at the fireworks. :laugh:

this is about 2/3 of what we did. this is the stuff I would recommend.

that depends. I'm assuming the line will start earlier than most cities..... by a day or so.... but I think once we have our spots we will be able to leave for several hours at a time to hang out. All of these neighborhood can be done in two-three hour chunks, so I'm thing much of this could be spread out over July 6 and 7.

Thanks for posting all of that! You saved me a lot of research!:hug:

Romi,I would be curious to know what you thought of our metro/subway system.You seems to have travelled a few times, so i assume you can compare to others metropolitan cities that you visited.Did you find it easy to use for tourists?Since all of you are coming from out of town and Canada,will use it to get to the hippodrome on show days.

Why would the line for these shows start earlier than the others?

Two possible reasons. The first is the GA area *could* be bigger than the area stadiums, with more tickets sold and more people lining up. The second is just what I have heard from friends about Montrealers showing up super-early, kind of like they do in Europe or Mexico.

Romi,I would be curious to know what you thought of our metro/subway system.You seems to have travelled a few times, so i assume you can compare to others metropolitan cities that you visited.Did you find it easy to use for tourists?Since all of you are coming from out of town and Canada,will use it to get to the hippodrome on show days.

I thought the subway there was very easy to figure out, and trains ran frequently. There were not as many different lines as say, New York, so it's hard to get turned around.

Don't forget we watched U2 dvds on our homemade tv :lol:

And we had an absolute blast!!! :hug:

ETA: I really want to see Notre Dame Basilica and eat poutine and pastry. Anything on top of that will be a bonus!

Eating all the yummy French food is a must :drool:

Montreal is beautiful. You're love it :hyper:

as far as trnsportation, the only tricky part is getting from the airport to the stadium. Only buses go to the airport, and they deliver you downtown in 30 to 40 minutes (even though the stadium is 10 minutes away). So then you have to take the subway from downtown, and that will take another 20 minutes. So I think it's easier to take a cab from the airport to the stadium.... but the trip costs about $30, where by bus and train it's about $7/per person.

Two possible reasons. The first is the GA area *could* be bugger than the area stadiums, with more tickets sold and more people lining up. The second is just what I have heard from friends about Montreals showing up super-early, kind of like they do in Europe or Mexico.

Good thing our hotel is walkable to the stadium :up:

I'm up for a GA camp out :wink:

as far as trnsportation, the only tricky part is getting from the airport to the stadium. Only buses go to the airport, and they deliver you downtown in 30 to 40 minutes (even though the stadium is 10 minutes away). So then you have to take the subway from downtown, and that will take another 20 minutes. So I think it's easier to take a cab from the airport to the stadium.... but the trip costs about $30, where by bus and train it's about $7/per person.

Since there's going to be a bunch of us at the airport at the same time, we can share cabs to cut the cost.

by the way, I checked with Porter today and they said tickets for next July would go on sale in January or February.

by the way, I checked with Porter today and they said tickets for next July would go on sale in January or February.

Awesome!

They usually have 20% off seat sales too. I hear them advertised here all the time.

I can't wait to see Montreal with you!:hug: Roomies ftw!:hi5:

So excited to be roomies! We'll get to spend actual time together instead of the short convos we have at my work :wink:

That reminds me, we gotta go to some hockey games this season :D

Awesome!

They usually have 20% off seat sales too. I hear them advertised here all the time.

So excited to be roomies! We'll get to spend actual time together instead of the short convos we have at my work :wink:

That reminds me, we gotta go to some hockey games this season :D

It's a date! :wink:

Yes, we did :love: I'm glad we did all that...better than going from site to site, we just hung out. It was awesome.

That day we spent the whole day watching youtube videos was so fun

TAN ADAM!! :shifty:

We are alike then!:shifty:

So, how about them Habs!!!:wink:

The screaming will continue into July at the shows lol.
My Sens are winning :D

I have a feeling that when I get back, conversations will go a lot like this:

"So what did you see in Montreal?"

"Well, I saw the outside of the Hippodrome! And then I saw the INSIDE of the Hippodrome! And then I saw Edge! And then I saw a bar. And then I saw the Hippodrome and Edge again! And then I went to Toronto."

I have a feeling that when I get back, conversations will go a lot like this:

"So what did you see in Montreal?"

"Well, I saw the outside of the Hippodrome! And then I saw the INSIDE of the Hippodrome! And then I saw Edge! And then I saw a bar. And then I saw the Hippodrome and Edge again! And then I went to Toronto."

I am dragging you to do some sightseeing my dear!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom