July 14, 2011 - Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tailgating at the Linc

Anyone familiar with tailgating at the Linc? I am assuming when you get there to park you pretty much have to park where they direct you. We have a group of 30-40 people for the tailgate-anyone else tailgating?? We'll be down there by 4:00 at the latest. Sorry all you GA'ers-I know you will be in line!!!

Im sure every parking lot will be open. We have a few, and everyone will be filled with tailgating. My cousin is pissed I'm GA-ing and not celebrating my birthday with everyone else.

One lot I would suggest is the JetRo on Darien St or my usual spot the K Lot of the Linc.

The K lot of the Link (the t-gate lot) is really good.....where I head for all Phils games.

Any RZ-ers here? What time are you heading down to get your wristbands and get in line?

I know how it was for Dublin 2 years ago, but have no clue how it will work here.

Transportation from Lincoln Financial Field to 30th St. Station

Does anyone know anything about taxis/public transportation from the stadium to the 30th St. Station? I'm trying to figure out if I can possibly go to this show and make a 12:13am train back to NYC afterwards...that seems to be the last one until early morning....I am not familiar with the area and am not sure how long the trip is/whether or not public transportation will get me there in time, etc. I know I would be cutting it close. Thanks in advance!!

I-95 and 76 are going to have traffic, with out a doubt, but I google mapped it for ya. My suggestion would be to get a taxi on Broad St. If you want to take the Broad St. Subway (which I suppose will be working and then bus or taxi up Market St. to 30th.

Google Maps

- That didnt work, just put in Pattison Ave as the starting.

I-95 and 76 are going to have traffic, with out a doubt, but I google mapped it for ya. My suggestion would be to get a taxi on Broad St. If you want to take the Broad St. Subway (which I suppose will be working and then bus or taxi up Market St. to 30th.

Google Maps

- That didnt work, just put in Pattison Ave as the starting.

Thanks a million, I did the same and found subway/trolley directions too...I guess I was wondering how realistic it would be to get to the station in under an hour after the show considering the crowds and traffic...I know I have waited 2 hours in a crowd crush just to board a train from Giants Stadium in the past...and there may not be ample taxis...

Thanks so much for the info!
~Lisa

Broad subway line is a godsend. We use it regularly for the Phillies games (same complex) and used it back when the Phils won the World Series a few years back. There can be a wait from time to time, but works pretty well most of the time.

All that said, we'll be driving :)

Broad subway line is a godsend. We use it regularly for the Phillies games (same complex) and used it back when the Phils won the World Series a few years back. There can be a wait from time to time, but works pretty well most of the time.

Thanks, this is really helpful. I just want to make sure I can get from the stadium to the 30th St. Station to make the last train home before committing to going. If the train works for a crowd of similar size without too much of a delay it should be fine. Thank you!

Thanks, this is really helpful. I just want to make sure I can get from the stadium to the 30th St. Station to make the last train home before committing to going. If the train works for a crowd of similar size without too much of a delay it should be fine. Thank you!

Lisa,

it will be cutting things very close if the show goes until 11:15 or so. Afer the show you have a 5- 10 minute walk to the Broad St subway, then the crowd trying to get on, then at least a 10 minute ride to Center Cityand then a cab or train ride to 30th Street Station. You might want to leave the show a little early just to be safe. Good luck!

Lisa,

it will be cutting things very close if the show goes until 11:15 or so. Afer the show you have a 5- 10 minute walk to the Broad St subway, then the crowd trying to get on, then at least a 10 minute ride to Center Cityand then a cab or train ride to 30th Street Station. You might want to leave the show a little early just to be safe. Good luck!

I agree with this. I was speaking in general it works really well, but if on a strict time constraint....yeah, I wouldn't trust it if you NEED to be somewhere by a certain time.

Generally speaking it is the most efficient and quickest way to get to and from these venues.

superblue said:

Does this line go to the Greyhound terminal (the main one)? I am at the hotel next to the stadium and I'm trying to figure out the quickest way to get there from the bus station.

Anyone familiar with tailgating at the Linc? I am assuming when you get there to park you pretty much have to park where they direct you. We have a group of 30-40 people for the tailgate-anyone else tailgating?? We'll be down there by 4:00 at the latest. Sorry all you GA'ers-I know you will be in line!!!
The most common tailgating lot is the one between the Linc and CBP, but I'm sure there'll be tailgating in every lot.

Originally Posted by Junan View Post
Lisa,

I agree with this. I was speaking in general it works really well, but if on a strict time constraint....yeah, I wouldn't trust it if you NEED to be somewhere by a certain time.

Hmmm...more food for thought! I guess in theory it is feasible but with a big crowd and time constraints...I might miss the last train and would have to wait until 5:15am for the next one...looking at the directions it's clearly not a straight shot but a subway to a trolley/cab etc. I was hoping to avoid a hotel stay by making this a day trip and catching the last train home. Back to the drawing board! Thanks guys, I really appreciate your advice. :)

Lisa,

I second this as well. It will be very tight if you don't leave early. I'd offer you a ride from the stadium to the station, but I can't even promise we will get to the station in time if we leave with the crowd. Traffic will be moving very slowly for the first half an hour.

Does this line go to the Greyhound terminal (the main one)? I am at the hotel next to the stadium and I'm trying to figure out the quickest way to get there from the bus station.
Val, the Broad Street Line doesn't go to the Greyhound bus station, but I think you can get off at City Hall, and walk about 4 blocks to the bus station. Or haha, just realized you're asking directions from the bus station, so walk 4 blocks to City Hall and catch the BSS line. :D

I second this as well. It will be very tight if you don't leave early. I'd offer you a ride from the stadium to the station, but I can't even promise we will get to the station in time if we leave with the crowd. Traffic will be moving very slowly for the first half an hour.

Thanks, I'm sensing this could go either way...I'm trying to avoid a similar situation that I had in Foxboro...relying on public transport/taxis did not go well! After that, I said never again but here I am again wanting to go to another show...Philly seems too close to NYC not to consider it. Thanks a million for all of the tips! :)

Hello! I'm from about halfway between Harrisburg and Lancaster, and my sister and I are taking the train to Philly and city transportation from the station to the stadium. I'm not really worried about getting to the stadium, but the walk back to the subway following the show looks kind of...creepy. I'm just trying to get an idea of how many people would be heading that way after the show!

Also, first U2 show ever! But not general admission - nosebleed seats, technically! - but still! First u2 concert! :D

If you taking the Broad St. Subway its not going to be creepy. Yes there will be tons of people going to the subway. Pattison Ave is well lit and there will be thousands walk up and down.

Hello! I'm from about halfway between Harrisburg and Lancaster, and my sister and I are taking the train to Philly and city transportation from the station to the stadium. I'm not really worried about getting to the stadium, but the walk back to the subway following the show looks kind of...creepy. I'm just trying to get an idea of how many people would be heading that way after the show!

Also, first U2 show ever! But not general admission - nosebleed seats, technically! - but still! First u2 concert! :D

:wave: Congrats on this being your U2 concert! Nothing else will ever compare! :D
and yes, many people will be taking the subway, so you'll have plenty of people walking with you in that direction.

Yeah, it's really quite safe any time you're going to an event down there. Lots of people use it. Compared to most cities, Philly's sports complex is quite easy to get to and from with the Broad Street Line and the massive parking lots. The only real downside is the lack of hotels right near by for people not from the area.

Any info/tips for parking if GA? If it's like other venues, the stadium lots won't be open until a few hours before the show, so we'll need to park off-site if we get there earlier. I actually think this is a better deal anyway----parked a 15-min walk away from the stadium for the Baltimore show and we had no traffic at all getting out. Does anyone know of garages or hotels open to non-guests within walking distance?

Also, any place nearby to pick up dinner to bring back to the line?

^Sorry, I always park at the stadium lot. I think they will be open early, unlike the Baltimore stadium. Closer to the date, I'll check with the stadium. I think some of my friends have parked around the nearby FDR park during Eagles games, but I don't know if there's a time limit, or if you can park your car there all day.

Yeah, the closest off-site lot is FDR Park, which is easy to get to if you get off 95 and go over the Platt Bridge.

But the lots around the stadiums are usually open very early, from my recollection.

FDR Park is the way to go. Parked there all day for the Phils '08 World Series party. K-lot is the place to go if you want to tailgate and be in the lots, but no clue yet as to when they will open.

I'm going to this show, and got my GA ticket in the mail on Wednesday. :drool:

After seeing your post, I went on a FRANTIC search for my two GA tickets (since I haven't seen/needed them in a YEAR). I finally found the keys for my "lockbox" </algore'd> and got it open to find JUST my two GA tickets nestled inside....... :confused: :uhoh: :yell: :yikes: :doh: :eek: :scratch: :up::up::up:

Are there any gatherings or after parties going on that anyone knows about?? I have babysitting for my kids for the whole night (relatives) and the wifey and I want to get away for a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom