December 18th and 19th 2010 - Subiaco Oval - Perth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The screaming Party Girl guys name is John and he is from Scotland. I met him in the queues a few times. And I'm pretty sure I met him either on the last tour or when the Perth U2 fan club went to a daggy outing to see an atrociously good U2 cover band.

Tania, please paste your pics on Facebook or somewhere so I can see them too. :hyper:

The screaming Party Girl guys name is John and he is from Scotland. I met him in the queues a few times. And I'm pretty sure I met him either on the last tour or when the Perth U2 fan club went to a daggy outing to see an atrociously good U2 cover band.

Tania, please paste your pics on Facebook or somewhere so I can see them too. :hyper:

Am working on it but a fraction technically challenged. :doh:

There is also the issue of work/Christmas and no pressies sorted to deal with :cry:

I have turkey though! Got to keep the boyo happy. (The rest is traditional Oz/Irish mix)

Where was I that night :hmm:

My family Christmas has spontaneously combusted so there will only be my family. Today I ordered a tray of sushi and the kids bought a bucket of Maltezers and giant box of bon bons. Sorted! ha, ha

Im not sure where you were. Linda organised it. It was a few years ago now. Not recently.

:angry: DO NOT get me started regarding the rearranging of Christmas Day etc, etc.

Am planning on doing a raid of the shops tomorrow am - very early am. Have list the credit card will be blasted to smithereens before heading home to peacefully wrap everything before the cooking carnage starts on Friday.

Oh, and when you get a chance (tomorrow or the next day) can you check your account - should be looking a bit healthier :sexywink:

Bonbons! Adds to the list...:heart:

I didn't get to go to the Perth shows. So I've been wondering about something.

Subiaco Oval is an oval-shaped stadium.

Was the entire field used for GA?

I'm wondering the same thing about the Melbourne shows.:scratch::wink:

Yep to both venues. The plastic floor sheeting didn't go all the way in Subi though. There was some exposed grass at the back. At Subi there was also a bar and a merchandise stand on the pitch ie taking up a bit of room.

The oval pitch made for alot more good viewing spots right behind the Red Zone (where there is very little room at US football stadiums)

The downside to that, the stadium seats seemed very far away from the stage

The Mexican Wave at the Sun show was awesome.............all of us sitting in the seated section had fun doing this, while we 'impatiently' waited for U2 to come on. I kept saying to the guy next to me 'This is taking for ever, when are U2 coming on?' and he said 'They are probably down the road somewhere, having dinner at some swanky restaurant in Subi'. Then he said something about them having a coffee after dinner and keeping us all in suspense.

I loved it when Bono said 'G'day' to the crowd. I can't believe The Edge wore than beanie for the entire show, it was a hot and humid night on Sunday............

Bono looked great in his leather jacket. I think I prefer the short hair to his long do that he used to have.

I'm wondering the same thing about the Melbourne shows.:scratch::wink:

Subiaco Oval is one of the biggest football ovals in Oz. Some friends, who are not big fans, were able to lie on the grass and listen to the concert. :D

There was a lot of space and I know of people who got into the inner circle without doing the line up or getting a number thing.

Probably made the crowd look smaller than what it was.

I would have to say that of the four I went to the Perth concerts, in terms of organisation were the best (after the chaos prior to the show re how the GA line would work.)

Reasons why I do GA:

1. Meeting fellow nutters who understand and sometimes (lots of times) can outdo my U2 fanaticism.

2. Meeting U2 fans who are going to their first concert and don't have a clue about how the whole GA thing works.

3. Seeing the interactions between the band and between them and the fans.

4. Moments like on Sunday night when the guy (sorry no idea who he was) who caught Bono at the right moment and screamed Party Girl loud enough and for enough times to convince them to do a verse. (Interesting that Bono always checks with the Edge before changing things up).

5. There is no better place in the whole stadium. :love:

Don't forget the hot dog kioks/carts next to the queue. ;)

The Mexican wave looked great for where I was.
Having sat (sat is the wrong word, I stood. See that cobbler?) in the behind the stage seats cheapo seats twice this tour, I now know how the Mexican wave "spontaneously" starts.... :wink:

I think I preferred Suncorp's rectangle shape to Subi's oval, I felt closer to the stage, but I did like my seats 8 rows from the fence on Adam's side on Sunday night.

And I still don't know how Edge wore his beanie and Bono his jacket all night when they played Brisvegas. The humidity was stinking!!! :blah:

As long as you can sleep easier tonight :D

Perth I was funny. The roadies were trying to get the wave to start and spin anti-clockwise, as per usual. However the people in the stand just to the left of the back of the stage all jumped in and so the wave got going in two directions, when then died a death each time the waves got to the back of the stadium. The roadies tried umpteen times, pointing in the direction they wanted the wave to go, and still the crowd couldn't follow. They finally got the wave going, the wrong way though :lol:

Don't forget the hot dog kioks/carts next to the queue. ;)

In Melbourne they didn't open until it was way to late (you know the bit when people start getting all antsy as there is about 2 hours to go) and in Perth they were on the inside and by that stage only a few people seemed willing to take the risk of leaving the line in case we were let in.

As long as you can sleep easier tonight :D

Perth I was funny. The roadies were trying to get the wave to start and spin anti-clockwise, as per usual. However the people in the stand just to the left of the back of the stage all jumped in and so the wave got going in two directions, when then died a death each time the waves got to the back of the stadium. The roadies tried umpteen times, pointing in the direction they wanted the wave to go, and still the crowd couldn't follow. They finally got the wave going, the wrong way though :lol:

Yeah, that was funny every time the "waves" met it fell in a heap and there were lots of boos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom