2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, don't even mention trains and the Meadowlands. I saw Bruce's last show there and... it was a slightly terrifying experience.

But you're definitely right, I highly doubt the band is taking our after show stresses into consideration when deciding not to play a venue... :lol:

Granted, the train situation for U2 was screwed up for the first show, but it was a breeze for Bruce!

I can't believe we aren't going to get another Boston show. if we complain about it enough in here do you think someone will listen? :hmm:

They were talking about baseball parks right? There's no way that beast would fit into fenway.

Are you on Facebook? I dont know if it will do any good but join the group: "Bring U2 Back to Gillette Stadium in 2010!"

Login | Facebook

Spread the word about it, and see if we can get a lot of members! Maybe someone important will see it lol.

Are you on Facebook? I dont know if it will do any good but join the group: "Bring U2 Back to Gillette Stadium in 2010!"

Login | Facebook

Spread the word about it, and see if we can get a lot of members! Maybe someone important will see it lol.

But....... erm, do U2 really pay attention to FB??? I would think Twitter would have more impact.....isnt Edge "into" Twitter these days? :hmm:

But....... erm, do U2 really pay attention to FB??? I would think Twitter would have more impact.....isnt Edge "into" Twitter these days? :hmm:

Oh we got one there too lol. Check out "U2Back2Gillette" on Twitter. Covering all the bases lol.

maybe they are skipping boston on the next leg because the crowd was quite out of it during the 1st north american leg at gillette, and the globe trashed them too:sad:

arghhhh I think that from the outcry about Boston, I think its safe to say that although we may not have the MOST fans, we have some of the biggest diehards! I thought U2 knew that....:sad::sad::sad: I'm very upset...

maybe its because we got the special Somerville show....?

And at least the innner circle was GREAT during the Gillette shows...

arghhhh I think that from the outcry about Boston, I think its safe to say that although we may not have the MOST fans, we have some of the biggest diehards! I thought U2 knew that....:sad::sad::sad: I'm very upset...

maybe its because we got the special Somerville show....?

And at least the innner circle was GREAT during the Gillette shows...

Wasnt the second night in Foxboro on FIRE??? Thats what I heard from everyone... I was behind the stage that night (and alittle bitter lol)... so didnt get the whole energy but I could sense the band and crowd were making glorious magic together! :D

I met Bono & Edge before night one...if I knew, I would have implored him for a 2010 return!!!!

maybe its because we got the special Somerville show?...

Gosh, who knows... there seem to be so many theories. lol Do you think there will be an explanation of some sort by someone in tour management as time goes by? Somehow knowing the official reason would be somehow alleviating... ?

maybe they are skipping boston on the next leg because the crowd was quite out of it during the 1st north american leg at gillette, and the globe trashed them too:sad:

Were you at either show at Gilette? I was, and it didn't seem like there was anyone "out of it".

I wouldn't put too much credence in what the Globe says. Mostly because they usually steal it from someone else.....

I took the dates that were given and added the day of the week it falls on. it could help a bit in planning:

wednesday, 30 June, 2010 East Lansing MI Spartan Stadium

tuesday, 6 July, 2010 Chicago IL US Soldier Field

monday, 12 July, 2010 Philadelphia PA Lincoln Financial Field

monday, 19 July, 2010 New York NY New Meadowlands Stadium

Thank you Dan for doing this it does help:up::up:

I see FOUR on my RADAR SCREEN:ohmy:

Wasnt the second night in Foxboro on FIRE??? Thats what I heard from everyone... I was behind the stage that night (and alittle bitter lol)... so didnt get the whole energy but I could sense the band and crowd were making glorious magic together! :D

I met Bono & Edge before night one...if I knew, I would have implored him for a 2010 return!!!!

Thats what I heard! Everyone talked about how amazing it was and how much everyone was into it, even more than the first night. All of a sudden a month later, people are trying to make it look like no one went.

Thats what I heard! Everyone talked about how amazing it was and how much everyone was into it, even more than the first night. All of a sudden a month later, people are trying to make it look like no one went.
I was at both Boston shows. Bothhad great energy. I was in seats the first night and everyone around us was standing and singing.
2nd night was unbelievable! I had the outer rail and the band and the crowd were into it!
I think you had to have been there to know what the energy was like. The globe is crap. I read the ny times :D

If youre including the Boston area in this-- traveling to either NJ or Montreal is alot more than one or two hours away, just so you know. NJ is more like 4 hours from Boston and Montreal is like 8 hours. Just saying... :wink:

Yep! I actually don't mind traveling, the problem is that my friends do. Getting them to Gillette which is in the same State (albeit 1-2 hours away) was a chore. Getting them out of MA is impossible. :angry:

Just checked the Red Sox schedule. They are home on the dates in between Philly and Montreal.

As for extra dates in the US/Canada schedule, here's my guess. Extra dates in italics:

2010-06-06: Angel Stadium, Anaheim, California
2010-06-07, Anaheim (or on 2010-06-08)
2010-06-10, San Diego

2010-06-12: Invesco Field, Denver, Colorado
2010-06-13, Denver? I wouldn't have expected two, but maybe to make up for demand from Texas, et al.
2010-06-16: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, Oakland, California
2010-06-17: Oakland
2010-06-20: Qwest Field, Seattle, Washington
2010-06-23: Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton, Alberta
2010-06-24, Edmonton
2010-06-27: Minneapolis

2010-06-30: Spartan Stadium, East Lansing, Michigan
2010-07-03: Rogers Centre, Toronto, Ontario
2010-07-06: Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
2010-07-09: Land Shark Stadium, Miami, Florida
2010-07-12: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2010-07-13, Philadelphia
2010-07-16: Venue to be announced, Montreal, Quebec
2010-07-19: New Meadowlands Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
2010-07-20: East Rutherford

That gap between Edmonton and East Lansing could conceivably fit two shows, not just one ... say Minneapolis and St Louis or Minneapolis and somewhere in Wisconsin. However, I don't expect there will be. If you look at the schedule, it seems the claw needs about 9 days at minimum to move between venues and be set up in time for the concert. If you squeezed two gigs in between Edmonton and East Lansing, that means Edmonton's claw would have to get to East Lansing in just six days. Don't see THAT happening.

Not two Montreal dates, Ax?

Well, now you know how people in Denver felt when their closest option was Norman or Dallas in 2009.:wink:

Plus, St. Louis is 10 hours and 52 minutes from Dallas. So going to Denver is just requires 3 more hours of travel time if your driving. If you were to fly, it would be essentially the same travel time.

St. Louis is a cheaper flight from Dallas though. It's amazing what a little competition can do to airfares.

Sorry if this has been answered before but I am trying to figure out what's going on :reject: --

I used up my presale code for the 2 Chicago shows in September this year (2 tickets per show). I plan on going to the Chicago show next year in July 2010. My membership is not expiring until Jan. 2010. If I renew my U2.com membership now, would I get another code for a presale? I was a "horizon member" last time around. Would I keep up that "status" if I renewed now. I'm totally confused :reject:

Thanks in advance

Sorry if this has been answered before but I am trying to figure out what's going on :reject: --

I used up my presale code for the 2 Chicago shows in September this year (2 tickets per show). I plan on going to the Chicago show next year in July 2010. My membership is not expiring until Jan. 2010. If I renew my U2.com membership now, would I get another code for a presale? I was a "horizon member" last time around. Would I keep up that "status" if I renewed now. I'm totally confused :reject:

Thanks in advance

subscribe and you get an automated code that you can view under the Tour section on U2.com. You remain a Horizon member

Not two Montreal dates, Ax?

It's possible, especially if the venue to be announced is on the smaller side. I'm just skeptical. The band have not only stopped playing 3 concerts on 3 consecutive days, but this tour have almost entirely avoided playing 3 concerts over 4 days. Especially if at least one of those concerts is in another city. i.e. if the band do two shows in one city, expect there to be a gap of at least two days before the next show. If Montreal gets a second show, there will only be one day, hence my skepticism (but as I say, I remain open to the possibility).

The three examples of 3 gigs in 4 days: Dublin's three shows, Gothenburg's two followed by Gelsenkirchen, and then Boston and New York's respective two shows only being separated by a day (originally meant to be two until NYC II had to be moved). I'm not counting the dress rehearsal in here.

I'm going to be disappointed if the Maryland/DC area gets ignored.

I hate the Ravens, but Baltimore has one of the most beautiful stadiums in the United States and the city has a lot of U2 fans. Plus, I don't think U2 understands that Baltimore will draw not only the DC crowd, but some of the Philly crowd as well. A sure sell-out show.

I have a question about the Athens presale. I'm wondering how the ticket purchasing works. Is it just like Ticketmaster. When I signin for the presale what ticket purchasing site will I be redirected to. I am thinking I should get an account setup on whatever site beforehand but I have no idea how its gonna work. I'm worried that if I skip the presale for Edmonton tomorrow to use my code for Athens that I might botch my Athens presale. I'm not sure what to do. I think I can get tickets no matter what for Edmonton but I really want Athens tickets and I just wanna be really prepared for Thursday morning at 2:00am. Any help or advice would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom