Appreciation: 'Ultraviolet (Light My Way)' live, 360 Tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ultra Violet is easily one the major highlights of any 360 show.
I am so glad they brought it back, and I am so glad I'll get the chance to see it again at more shows!
:love: :applaud: :love:

Everyone needs to keep flagging the jerk on YouTube who keeps posting this video after every concert and saying it's the latest performance of Ultraviolet. He's just trying to get hits and it's stupid. I've reported him and he's closed down for comments on the video because I called him out on it.

The video this moron is posting is the Ultraviolet performance from Croake Park, hence the microphone not being lit up red like it is now in the North American shows.

Everyone needs to flag him...I hate doing a search for Ultraviolet and seeing this video come up as the latest show. gggrrrrrrr....this makes me mad for some reason!

I already pulled him about one of his other videos. The guy is everything I hate about youtube.

I agree about that youtube clip, the guy is annoying...has anyone got a good mp3 of that performance in Dublin...it is absolutely brilliant...could someone please send me a link if they have it? The audio is not bad on that? has anyone got a rip from the video?

Cheers

Andrew

I wonder why YouTube doesn't do anything about this guy posting Bogus videos? Is it not that big a deal for them. It drives me nutts!

Easily the highlight of the tour for me. Definitive version of this spectacular song that is TOP 5 alltime in their canon for me. (1A would be Unforgettable Fire, another longtime absentee).

So glad they brought this one back and brought it back the right way (solid performance, showpiece song, etc.). Kind of frustrating that they can't do this sort of thing more frequently or with some other tunes that are also very deserving (hint: a lot of good music can be mined from a certain underplayed album released in 1997). But I'll stop complaining here; very very happy with this tune and a terrific highlight of this tour. This and UnFire alone to me push 360 > Vertigo by some margin.

Easily the highlight of the tour for me. Definitive version of this spectacular song that is TOP 5 alltime in their canon for me. (1A would be Unforgettable Fire, another longtime absentee).

So glad they brought this one back and brought it back the right way (solid performance, showpiece song, etc.). Kind of frustrating that they can't do this sort of thing more frequently or with some other tunes that are also very deserving (hint: a lot of good music can be mined from a certain underplayed album released in 1997). But I'll stop complaining here; very very happy with this tune and a terrific highlight of this tour. This and UnFire alone to me push 360 > Vertigo by some margin.

:up:

Auwful version on 360 Tour of UV, it was so nice and powerful 17 years ago when i heard it first and now we got an old man doing spastic Tarzan style on a hanging mic :doh::angry::down:

I didn't actually get to see ZOO TV live in person, so my experience is based on however the sound was in whatever video I watched, but was Edge's guitar so clear and out front during ZOO? It doesn't feel like that on the videos. He's right where I like him on this tour's version: melting my face off! ;)

you haven't complained about Streets yet, you'd better bump an old thread as soon as possible about how bad the current version on the 360 Tour is...

You might learn to read postings better before you try to bitch them: I did not say, that these versions are bad. I said, that they are weaker then the versions in comparison to pre-360. Maybe someday you will get the difference in this. And, yes, "Streets" is not as strong as on earlier tours, too.

you haven't complained about Streets yet, you'd better bump an old thread as soon as possible about how bad the current version on the 360 Tour is...
Or how about a thread complaining about Your Blue Room because it was preformed much better during Popmart?

By the way.
Ultraviolet is great. Bono's voice i so powerfull.

i guess i don't understand why this thread can't just stay positive. i listened to a couple ZooTV versions of Ultraviolet. they were good. then i listened to a couple 360 versions of Ultraviolet. they were good. why does one thing always have to be better than the other? i gladly enjoy both versions equally.

It's difficult to decide between the ZOO TV and 360 renditions since both are amazingly good. In my view, ZOO TV just about shades it for four reasons; (1) Bono crooning in a deep voice over a backbeat was a better intro; (2) the Edge's amazing guitar sound on the final verse (3) Bono's falsetto singing between verses and (4) the grand, Sinatraesque ending. The "ultimate" version would include all of those elements but the second verse would be sung 360-style because it takes the song up a gear.

Guys, seriously. This is an APPRECIATION thread. If you want to bitch about UV, go to a different thread. :| Give us sheep one friggin thread where we can bleet.

Back
Top Bottom