Wondering about behind the stage seats...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BuckleThis

Babyface
We have seats for Giants Stadium in the lower tier behind the stairs where the band enters the stage area. Looking at the layout and the pics/videos that have been posted from Barcelona, i'm feeling a little squeamish about having gotten these seats based on the "360"/"there is no behind the stage" hype. Just wondering... did the band give any love to that part of the crowd last night or should i be prepared to see a lot of backs and watch the amazing video screen?

Someone had a video of Beautiful Day and Bono and I believe Edge gave the back seats some love, but maybe 2 minutes of a 2 hour show.

Vertigo I think he turned around 1 time.

Someone had a video of Beautiful Day and Bono and I believe Edge gave the back seats some love, but maybe 2 minutes of a 2 hour show.

Vertigo I think he turned around 1 time.

I know its only one show, so maybe theyll change it up abit.

But to be honest, they have a design that allows them to play to the back so well...youd htink theyd take advantage of it more. It is called 360, afterall.:eyebrow:

one of my coworkers has seats behind the stage and is not feeling too good about them. I hope I can give him some decent news!

one of my coworkers has seats behind the stage and is not feeling too good about them. I hope I can give him some decent news!

If it helps, I saw Vertigo behind the stage and it was great. I also have tickets behind the stage for Vancouver in October, and I'm not concerned one bit. I realize the stage will be further than it was in the arena setting, but the visuals will be the same as if you were in front of the stage.

I'm not bothered by what direction the band members are facing, but if this is a concern for your coworker they might want to try for different seats.

BTW, here's a view from behind the stage. If this doesn't calm people's fears, I don't know what will:

barcelona2_stage.jpg

I think he thought maybe they'd play to the crowd behind the band for parts. I told him he'll be closer to the stage than people in seats facing the band and about the new screen and stuff.

I sat behind the stage for one of the Police shows a couple of years ago and had no problems at all.

I think he thought maybe they'd play to the crowd behind the band for parts. I told him he'll be closer to the stage than people in seats facing the band and about the new screen and stuff.

I sat behind the stage for one of the Police shows a couple of years ago and had no problems at all.

Hmm.. well, with a show of this magnitude there's not really any seat that you will feel being 'played to' for any length of time. After viewing several of the Youtube videos, it appears to me that Bono, Edge, and Adam move around quite a bit. Not sure how much time they spend facing the back specifically, but they do look like they're all over the place.

I have seats behind the stage for the second Amsterdam show, and I'm quite curious of seeing their backs - I have never seen a show from behind. So it might be interesting, cause it's unusual.

And as rastacruz said, it's really closer than many other seats.

I have seats behind the stage for Wembley I. I'm not worried about the band, but i am curious about the empty space between the seats and the stage. Did that have any impact in BArcelona? I'm wondering if there will be any new tickets for that area.

i am curious about the empty space between the seats and the stage.
this might make them pay less attention to the back stand... I wonder if people didn't take those places themselves or were not allowed in?

this might make them pay less attention to the back stand... I wonder if people didn't take those places themselves or were not allowed in?

That area was always going to be cut off. Due to the fact that the stage does raise and the small amount of equip they do have those people wouldn't have been able to see anything...

I have seats behind the stage for Wembley I. I'm not worried about the band, but i am curious about the empty space between the seats and the stage. Did that have any impact in BArcelona? I'm wondering if there will be any new tickets for that area.

Exactly, it does seem sparse back there which may be an energy zapper. Yet the stage design is so impressive that maybe the lack of people back there wont really be too impactful.

ALso, what are the chances of it changing and that area getting filled up as the tour progresses? I guess we can hope :pray: lol

I have seats behind the stage for the second Amsterdam show, and I'm quite curious of seeing their backs - I have never seen a show from behind. So it might be interesting, cause it's unusual.

And as rastacruz said, it's really closer than many other seats.

I have seen them from behind the stage during the Vertigo tour. It wasnt bad and I had a good time. I just sometimes felt that the energy was going forward rather than back, so it did bother me alittle. I told myself to go for front views next time...howver, this is a stadium and you are alot closer in the back now...so that may counteract that feeling.

Also, the Vertigo design had the curtain of lights that were sometimes in the way.:slant: It seems here the screen is huge and there is no obstruction seeing the stage whatsoever.

Id lije to see video from behind the stage.

i don't think it will matter too much - they will look like little ants from most stadium seats anyway... that's the nature of the stadium beast really... :shrug:

I'm sittin upper deck behind the stage for NY2...I'm doin GA for NY1 and wanted to enjoy the spectacle that is the claw for the second show :drool:

...hopefully the show some love to the back though

Due to the fact that the stage does raise and the small amount of equip they do have those people wouldn't have been able to see anything...
I see, thanks.

I just sometimes felt that the energy was going forward rather than back, so it did bother me alittle.
hmm... I haven't thought about it...

I'm doin GA for NY1 and wanted to enjoy the spectacle that is the claw for the second show
I just wanted to sleep after the first Amsterdam show, Berlin show and the journey :D Queuing from early morning for the third time in four days doesn't seem too easy!

It will be somewhat irritating if they don't really acknowledge the thousands of seats behind the stage (yes, I will be sitting in one of those at the September 20th Gillette Stadium show).

When I saw Metallica back in January of this year at the Garden, they had a "360 degree" stage too, and all of the band members were constantly walking around the stage while they played. Lars Ulrich's drum set faced a different part of the crowd every few songs. And if I'm correct, there were something like 8 microphones for James Hetfield to move around in between the lines of the songs.

For a tour of this magnitude, can't they do something like that?

Also, you'd think that the stage would truly be in the center of the stadiums so they wouldn't feel compelled to be playing for the people at the other end of the place.

It will be somewhat irritating if they don't really acknowledge the thousands of seats behind the stage (yes, I will be sitting in one of those at the September 20th Gillette Stadium show).

When I saw Metallica back in January of this year at the Garden, they had a "360 degree" stage too, and all of the band members were constantly walking around the stage while they played. Lars Ulrich's drum set faced a different part of the crowd every few songs. And if I'm correct, there were something like 8 microphones for James Hetfield to move around in between the lines of the songs.

For a tour of this magnitude, can't they do something like that?

Also, you'd think that the stage would truly be in the center of the stadiums so they wouldn't feel compelled to be playing for the people at the other end of the place.

I just watched the "Desire" video from tonight (barcelona2) and I think some of us who may be sitting behind the stage can relax alitttle.... Bono went back there towards the end...as did Edge & Adam. And youll notice Larry was positioned towards the back most of the song!! LOL I know they wont be there for a long time, but the distance when they ARE there is pretty darn CLOSE!

(Im not sure if iM trying to relax my own fears...but I think what Im saying is legit? right?) :hmm:

Yes, that does seem a little more like it. Edge is kind of tied close to his spot for a lot of his songs, because of where his foot pedals are located, but Bono has the ability to move around more and it was good to see the way the did Desire.

I sat behind the stage at the 11 July show and I didn't feel especially left out. Of course the band spend more time at the front stage, as that's where the GA area is located. But all four of them paid regular visits to the back stage, even Larry during IGCIIDGCT. And not just in passing, but actually standing still facing the behind-the-stage crowd.

So: don't worry.

Id love to see pics from behind the claw... or videos for that matter! Has anyone come across any? :hyper:

done behind the stage seats in Amsterdam, and although they really did spend more time facing the other side, when they turned to us, it was always a warm cheer, so it looked like they consider behind the stage seats some kind of a special area (since most of the time people see their backs). So I was fine with it and really enjoyed the show. And if I didn't take nosebleeds and sat lower, I would be really close. Still could see rather well anyway, although when the screen stretches during UF/COBL, it obscures the view.
And the sound was great, too, although it was harder to get what Bono was saying then when I was in the circle.

Back
Top Bottom