Why didn't U2 tour Montreal, Canada this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no, do explain?

NFL : NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE

stadiums are owned by the NFL teams in those cities. They will not give up a date or mess up their schedule just for a u2 show . No NFL team would ever give up a date if it meant going on the road to play a game two weeks in a row for example....unless of course u2 paid them off

So hence no MIAMI < NEW ORLEANS< PHILLY< DETROIT< MINNY< SAN FRAN etc on this leg

And U2 don't hate Canadians or Montrealers during Vertigo Bono was joking U2 was going to move to Montreal..:lol:

Uh, he joked. Thus he still hates Canadians, you just don't realise it because you think it was just a cute funny joke. But believe me, he really really really would never move to Canada, that's why the joke's so funny. Because it's so Not Fucking Likely(see what I did there?).

:wink:

It's because Montreal is not part of Canada. Yeah.....I went there. :reject:

A few things. First people gotta stop using the "too small of a roof" excuse. Dallas, Cardiff and some other cities had adjusted stages cause of this. Also, the crowd in Montreal is the BEST crowd ever. I have seen them there twice and 11 other shows in various cities (even Hawaii) and nothing beats a Montreal crowd. Not even Boston or NYC. Boston is a close second though. If U2 doesn't play Montreal, it's cause they don't wanna play in a city with the World's dumbest, most stupid sports team.

SMB

Oh yeah. To add to the NFL thing... They have been playing non-football stadiums dudes. TORONTO... I am sick of people who don't know anything about past shows who get all "i know it all" on everyone else. The Rogers Centre is baseball and Olympic Stadium had a seating configuration change to match Soccer after the Expos left

SMB

Oh yeah. To add to the NFL thing... They have been playing non-football stadiums dudes. TORONTO... I am sick of people who don't know anything about past shows who get all "i know it all" on everyone else. The Rogers Centre is baseball and Olympic Stadium had a seating configuration change to match Soccer after the Expos left

SMB

:uhoh:

So, what makes you do the same then, getting all "I know it all" with that post?
;)

Piece of advice Muldy, if you hated the Toronto audience for being too excited I would suggest not going to Montreal...
Actually, it just takes a few to screw up the vibe. At a Toronto Radiohead show way in the back, 2 scum bags kept screaming every minute at the tops of their lungs; they were drunk and obnoxious. At Montreal, there were enough of us to "shush" those who spoke during the songs; I had a much better time there.

Also, had a much better time at my Cure show in Montreal. I have to say older people are generally more respectful than teens and people in their 20s. There are exceptions, of course.

It's not necessarily for me, though. I feel bad for Montrealers having to travel all the way to Toronto.

U2 tried poutine and fell ill the last time they were in town

plus, the girls at Chez Paree aren't nearly as nice as last tour
You know, you really have to try poutine made in Quebec to get the right stuff. I remember loving poutine as a kid. When I moved to Ontario and tried it there, it sucked. Not to overdo the tastiness of poutine, but the fastfood joints don't get it.

Also, Montreal has Amelio's, the best pizza I've ever had.

THE ROOF AT THE STADIUM HAS A DODGY HISTORY . SAFETY IS A BIG CONCERN .
I thought U2 played there on both the Joshua Tree and Zoo TV tours and probably the Popmart tour, too, right. I had no idea it was a safety hazard; I heard Montreal just finished paying off the debt from building it for the Olympics in the '60s.

It's because Montreal is not part of Canada. Yeah.....I went there. :reject:

Without Quebec, Canada has no culture for which to be proud. Not that you're serious, but English Canada needs to appreciate the uniqueness of Quebec a bit more. They make great fresh bread (baguettes, etc), too, unlike much of America, and have good Greek food, too.

That anti-Dion stuff had a lot to do with him being a French speaker.

My brother also says that Canada would have moved much closer to a purely capitalistic society without the more left-wing, communitarian influences of Quebec French Canadians.

SMB

The mentioned conflict was with the NFL (not with "football"). Toronto is an inapplicable example as there is no NFL team there. In fact (and not surprisingly), there is no NFL team in Canada. Bills nuances are irrelevant to this discussion...

Furthermore, Rogers Centre is a football stadium, the Argos play there (Toronto Argonauts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and the Alouettes play out of the Big O once a season and during the playoffs. Why is this stadium configuration dialogue relevant? It isn't...

Uh, he joked. Thus he still hates Canadians, you just don't realise it because you think it was just a cute funny joke. But believe me, he really really really would never move to Canada, that's why the joke's so funny. Because it's so Not Fucking Likely(see what I did there?).

:wink:

Yeah I know he was joking that is why I laughed..so U2 or Bono hates Canadians?..when did this happen?..:lol:...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom