What's the theme of this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
The Vertigo tour was multi-themed... there was the War/Peace/Help to Glory of God, these themes consisted of;

Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky

Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

All Because Of You
Yahweh

What will the new tour focus around? Obama? Resolving Gaza or the Iraq war?

Im guessing it's about 4 musicians (and a host of others hidden below in the underworld) getting out to meet their fans and play for them/us.

Obama and/or resolving war? Please....a couple of songs in that direction is fine but basing an entire tour on either subject is a bit much. Check your politics at the tour...Obama is not Jesus, and wars have been going on for centuries.

Of course this thing is being called the 360 tour, so maybe the idea that this world is for us to inherit for the rest of eternity if we would stop destroying it? Which of course one could make a case that there could be an anti-war theme, a debt relief, famine relief, end to disease, an awareness to our enviornment, etc...and of course you would have to acknowledge Obama in the process as Obama in the political process is considered "progress" so who knows what we could achieve in any arena if we set our collective minds to it?

I guess im open to it....

But i would also be pleased if they dedicated GOYB to Joe Biden, and his tendencies to put his foot in his mouth. :wink:

Geometry. Sin cos tan :)

So, if it's the 360 (degree) Tour, isn't that kinda 2 dimensional? And, therefore a step backward from U23D?

I guess I'm saying the theme should be 4/3¶r(3). But, it's only really half of that. So I guess the theme is [4/3¶r(3)]/2.

I guess I don't know. Sorry for the Tan(genitals).

Mark

Crabs. Both meanings ofcourse.

nice! during the intro to Miracle Drug, Bono could say, "This one goes out to Herpes! 'It's a Brand New Day' was once sung by our good friend Sting, and with Valtrex, i have a brand new life." - cue song

I hope it's not as preachy as it was last time. I didn't go to any Vertigo shows, but if they were, on average, anything like the Chicago DVD (Bono's speech, etc.), then I hope they tone it down a little. It's not like the fans have no idea about poverty and AIDS by now and need to be told during a show. It just makes it seem like U2 is all about Africa and politics and preaching.

Crabs. Both meanings ofcourse.

bono-u2-beach-shirtless-hand-in-pants-heykobe.jpg

I hope it's not as preachy as it was last time. I didn't go to any Vertigo shows, but if they were, on average, anything like the Chicago DVD (Bono's speech, etc.), then I hope they tone it down a little. It's not like the fans have no idea about poverty and AIDS by now and need to be told during a show. It just makes it seem like U2 is all about Africa and politics and preaching.

Hey Rachel. I completely agree with you!

I know U2 are a political band, and I like it! But the words of the songs are enough with me. a little preach is also fine. But not more.
The problem is also they are preaching for own public. I bet that 90% of U2 concert goers have similar opinions. I don't want to be convbinced by Bono, since I am by myself, I have lot of times same opinion and I feel even 'stupid' when bono wants to educate people. I admire what he does, I know it is with good intention, but I don't need african flags and long speeches. Bring back the red light when streets is played!!!

Hey Rachel. I completely agree with you!

I know U2 are a political band, and I like it! But the words of the songs are enough with me. a little preach is also fine. But not more.
The problem is also they are preaching for own public. I bet that 90% of U2 concert goers have similar opinions. I don't want to be convbinced by Bono, since I am by myself, I have lot of times same opinion and I feel even 'stupid' when bono wants to educate people. I admire what he does, I know it is with good intention, but I don't need african flags and long speeches. Bring back the red light when streets is played!!!

:yes: I agree about "Streets"; they shouldn't have turned it into an Africa song like that. Nothing against Africa, I just don't think they should have given the song such a political label. It has so much meaning for individual people and that kind of hijacked it.

:yes: I agree about "Streets"; they shouldn't have turned it into an Africa song like that. Nothing against Africa, I just don't think they should have given the song such a political label. It has so much meaning for individual people and that kind of hijacked it.

i totally agree with you and phommel! it's nice to see some like minds on this subject, since i've been put down in the past for feeling this way. even tho streets was written about africa, it has since taken on a life of it's own in concert. my LEAST favourite part of the WAY TOO PREACHY vertigo tour was losing the powerful red backdrop and bang/splash of white lights during streets (always u2's MOST exciting live moment) and having it replaced by african flags and green lighting.. i know like, 50 people that it totally bummed out.

we are all aware of bono's african agenda, and most people who go to a u2 show agree with it. why bother preaching to the converted disciples?

I was hoping to see where the Lemon/HMTMKMKM style would end up before they abandoned it for Elevation. The theme should be fun and exciting, no politics....the theme should be on the order of Lemons and Rockets at the Fun-Fair!!

It was odd cuz on our local radio station the other day, they played Magnificent and then said "U2 will be embarking on their World Tour, Kiss of the Future on 6/30".

Yeah I agree 100%, though don't say it too loud or you'll get flamed.

Space Stations & Oranje Rockets?? The oranje matches. The NASA shuttle is ~ 150 feet tall..same height as the U2 stage...right?

3556075339_4503594115.jpg

606482618_cb77a4f080.jpg

Back
Top Bottom